Long Duck Dong Goes
88.02%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Long Duck Dong

Old 12-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Firefox, now you are talking some sense. I agree that the cheaper route for the both of them would be to work something out. I think both parties here realize that there will be a split and chances are the lawyers will get that split. I hope that LDD can make an offer that is fair to the both of them.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Registered

At this time there is obviously a lot of opinions going around. Most (now myself included) this I'm an idiot for signing it. There is no doubt I had faults in this situation, but I don't believe they were worth 14K though.

I could do what others including Firefox stated, paid up then sued over damages in small claims court. There are a few problems with the suing after the fact. For one, I would have to fight in Alabama, which makes it very difficult for my travels, especially when the other party just has to call out to have it postponed last minute (wasted trip). And second, if I were to win, Alabama has a maximum $3000 payout (rumored). I never thought waiting till I went there in person would have turned into this..
Old 12-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Registered

Angry Been there, done that...NO Winners

Originally Posted by prostock85
At this time there is obviously a lot of opinions going around. Most (now myself included) this I'm an idiot for signing it. There is no doubt I had faults in this situation, but I don't believe they were worth 14K though.

I could do what others including Firefox stated, paid up then sued over damages in small claims court. There are a few problems with the suing after the fact. For one, I would have to fight in Alabama, which makes it very difficult for my travels, especially when the other party just has to call out to have it postponed last minute (wasted trip). And second, if I were to win, Alabama has a maximum $3000 payout (rumored). I never thought waiting till I went there in person would have turned into this..
Most, if not all of that post is incorrect. Possibly small claims court has a max of $3k, but even for small claims, that seems low. Your case would not be a small claims; you need to get a saavy attorney and get moving.
If he doesn't show up for a disposition, arbitration or scheduled hearing/court date, it would not help his case; in fact it could severly damage his case. Just call an atty.and discuss the case in full.
In the end, you both lose and attorneys make some coin.
I've been through a few lawsuits on both sides in biz deals. The last one the other party lost 70k, I lost six figures, and the trustee, lawyers, accountants and auctioneers ALL made $$big money$$! Money from sale of assets that my business(& me personally) created/built.......Settle it out; or u both lose, period.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:44 AM
Registered

all law and court business a side. It is just a bad thing. To take advantage of this deal like he did. He trusted and got burnt.

Here is the deal on when I bought my boat. I now know it was stupid but it turned out good and I trusted and the other person was true to his word. Bought the boat signed over my one Harley and made the first payment before I ever saw the boat in person. The only thing that wasn't there was the bimni top. I am a very trusting person because I am a man of my word and would like to think that most are also. This just shows you and taught me that I needed to change my ways
Old 12-12-2008, 06:57 AM
Banned

I and I assume many other were under the impression that you had already secured legal counsel and were in process of coming after me? Appearantly this is more smoke and mirrors as to whats going on....None the less had you followed through with your contract you claim you'd have to sue me in Alabama for the damages you claim were undisclosed (dock rash). The fact is NOW you still have to sue me Alabama, so whats the difference if you would have followed the contract?....NONE....

Originally Posted by danh63
all law and court business a side. It is just a bad thing. To take advantage of this deal like he did. He trusted and got burnt.

Here is the deal on when I bought my boat. I now know it was stupid but it turned out good and I trusted and the other person was true to his word. Bought the boat signed over my one Harley and made the first payment before I ever saw the boat in person. The only thing that wasn't there was the bimni top. I am a very trusting person because I am a man of my word and would like to think that most are also. This just shows you and taught me that I needed to change my ways
All bogus and bullsh*t assuptions aside.....I KEPT MY WORD! I did EXACTLY what I said I was going to do on the contract you idiot's....Its in writing, what part of that cant you dumb mother f*ckers read? Deadline wasnt met, no phone call or email for 2 1/2 days to make other arrangements on Saturday or Sunday....he defaulted.....you may not like it, may not agree with it, but facts are facts.....I made an offer to refund the difference, made an offer for additional money, he declined my offer.....

A LOT of time has past, still a little huff and puff but no action, just all talk!

Last edited by long duck dong; 12-12-2008 at 07:05 AM.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:05 AM
Banned

I can assure everyone this is full steam ahead. The holidays made everything tough, also being 1,200 miles away from him (lawyer) doesn't help either. I can say, "dealing with courts and lawyers in another state is a PITA", I swear custody hearings would be easier then this.

There is no important news to report. Just that all negotiation attempts have ceased, and we (myself and lawyer) are in the beginning stages of filing a civil circuit suit. As any developments come to light, you will be made aware.
Now you posted this not too long ago, claiming things were full steam ahead.....

A few days later you post this, not knowing what the Alabama limit was for suit?.....Couldnt your Alabama Attorney advise you of this so it wouldnt be "Rumored"?.....

What happend to your free Alabama attorney that THE JOKE claims is a member of this board that I pissed off?.....

My advise is quit relying on a bunch of windbags who think they know, but have no idea.....
Old 12-12-2008, 07:10 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

I figured I would weigh in here...

LDD is a dooche bag
Old 12-12-2008, 07:21 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by long duck dong
All bogus and bullsh*t assuptions aside.....I KEPT MY WORD! I did EXACTLY what I said I was going to do on the contract you idiot's....Its in writing, what part of that cant you dumb mother f*ckers read? Deadline wasnt met, no phone call or email for 2 1/2 days to make other arrangements on Saturday or Sunday....he defaulted.....you may not like it, may not agree with it, but facts are facts.....I made an offer to refund the difference, made an offer for additional money, he declined my offer.....

A LOT of time has past, still a little huff and puff but no action, just all talk!

You still just don't get it. I think it was said best when someone called you a damaged human being.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by long duck dong
Now you posted this not too long ago, claiming things were full steam ahead.....

A few days later you post this, not knowing what the Alabama limit was for suit?.....Couldnt your Alabama Attorney advise you of this so it wouldnt be "Rumored"?.....

What happend to your free Alabama attorney that THE JOKE claims is a member of this board that I pissed off?.....

My advise is quit relying on a bunch of windbags who think they know, but have no idea.....
Maybe it is worded wrong but that's what I could have done had I just paid the balance, not what I'm doing. I do have a retained lawyer who is preceeding full steam ahead. Unfortunatly this is a slow process.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:28 AM
Registered

LDD is a piece of chit.

Quick Reply: Long Duck Dong

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.