Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Any thoughts on these boat kits ? >

Any thoughts on these boat kits ?

Notices

Any thoughts on these boat kits ?

Old 03-11-2002, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are definately Avanti Hulls. The pic of the 26 has the Avanti shop in the backround. I know these are strong hulls, but there has always been controversy about the quality Denis' rigging procedures and him not standing behind his work.

So if you are going to rig it yourself, it may not be a bad deal because you will know everything was done correctly. You just have to wonder with his reputation, if he is using an outside vendor to sell his hulls without mentioning "avanti", did he construct the hull properly, or just toss it together to get them out the door because he doesn't have to stand behind it???
Old 03-11-2002, 08:49 AM
Zitto111

Theres no doubt, these are Avanti's. Curious that the add doesn't mention the the name Avanti. hi-perf-2000 brings up a good point, I wonder if the hulls are manufactured the same way, or are these just thrown together. Maybe that's why Dennis is not using the name Avanti. Or he knows his reputation is questionabl ,to say the least, and he is tring to sell boats and not have them associated with the name Avanti. Either way I would be very careful buying one of these kit boats.

Old 03-11-2002, 09:28 AM
KN
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Give John at SuperBoat a call as well I'm pretty sure he will build you a 24' or 30' bare hull or anyway you want it , fast, quality built boat at a fair price.
Old 03-11-2002, 10:19 AM
Murf69

If you check out Avanti's web page, you'll see the pictures and description are identical. I too wonder why the add does not mention anything about Avanti! I would stay clear of these boats. There are many other REPUTABLE builders out there.

Old 03-11-2002, 11:42 AM
Intolerant1

Maybe were talking about "irregulars" here (not the OSO members but the boat hulls). I'm not in the market but I thought someone else might be when I ran across these.