Notices

Great way to treat a fan

Old 11-12-2008, 08:04 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Other than Haggin getting on here and apologizing (which he might) you aren't going to do better than Scotty. I know for a fact that the GEICO team treats fans and competitors alike with the utmost respect and generosity. They are truly great ambassadors for our sport and I find it hard to believe a team member would be rude to you.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't think any team could be that cool until I saw for myself. I was in the Mantoloking road pits a few years ago after a race was canceled due to the fog (boats were in the ocean, but race was called). Everyone was a little down because they didn't get to run. I can't imagine the $$$ it cost to be there and do everything but actually race. Still Geico guys all had time for a chat, and a little verbal drooling over their boats. Those guys are the real deal. Next time you have a chance to stop by, I'm sure your experience will be much better.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by G@G
A simple "good game guys, your boat looked and ran great!!!" and some arrogant azzhole from Geico decided to inform me it's no game. Learn how to take a compliment or stay the hell out of the public eye. I have personal friends with race boats who were running too, but I'm always willing to pay some respect to a winner. Boy was I wrong thinking they were winners!!!

I was a fan of Geico until that very moment, way to go guy!

G&G

As Scott said we go out of our way to make sure everyone gets a show of respect, Even if it means holding up an interview or getting out to test. Scotty and I pride ourselves in making sure the kids are ALWAYS taken care of. That said we as a team are on the road almost every weekend either testing or racing and were coming to the end of a VERY LONG season. Sometimes a challenging situation can spill over into a short conversation or poorly choosen response. It's still no excuse but may help with understanding and I apologize for you leaving KW with that feeling.

Racing, prepping and moving large vessels and vehicles around a tight pit area can be extremly challenging unlike others we open our pits to accomodate our fans. You get to see the team up close and personal....and as an offshore powerboater you can relate that things can be frustrating working on a boat sometimes .

As a racer sometimes your mind is spinning before and or after a race. People can be talking to you but you still haven't returned from "raceland" it's like a hangover from the testoterone/adrenelin cocktail you just slammed.

Thank you for the compliment on our performance and we would value you as a fan if you can see your way to giving us a second chance.

Marc

Last edited by Maximus; 11-12-2008 at 11:00 AM.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:09 AM
Registered

they've always been VERY COOL when I've spoken to them....I only hope I didn't rub them the wrong way... I was TOASTED!!
Old 11-12-2008, 10:33 AM
Registered

Maximus
I understand the tough difficult road you guys travel throughtout the season and how like you said, " a poorly choosen response" can leave a bad taste.

I just got off the phone with Scott and all is well and taken care of. After talking briefly with Scott it was pretty obvious that the guy in question is not how they would like thier team portrayed to the fans.
Thanks Scott
Old 11-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottB
It doesn't sound like something anyone on our team would say, and if it was, I would deal with it . Part of our mission statement is to make everyone we meet feel great about us and our sport. If it was a GEICO team member, I sincerely apologise. Marc, myself, an Haggin truly appreciate fans and fellow racers. We have a large team, and have had some bad apples in the past, in fact, I fired a team member last year in Key West for being rude to fellow competators and fans.
You have my sincerest apology and if you would like to speak with me regarding this matter, please send me a pm and I will give you my #

What did you mean by this comment below?

Originally Posted by ScottB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkw4_lXx4bQ

If not OSO, than perfect for the E-dock crew
Old 11-12-2008, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OU Want Some?!!
they've always been VERY COOL when I've spoken to them....I only hope I didn't rub them the wrong way... I was TOASTED!!

Your'e a whole different story !!

Great meeting you.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Not a single negative comment about this team...must tell you something.....I can only re-iterate what everyone else has stated.......the GEICO team is PURE CLASS.......from John, Scotty, Marc, all the way down the line to that geckko,....they are nothing but great guys and gals.....always going out of their way to help, please, accomodate, chat with, cater to EVERYBODY..........

Thanks again, my friends..............
Old 11-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Maximus
G&G

As Scott said we go out of our way to make sure everyone gets a show of respect, Even if it means holding up an interview or getting out to test. Scotty and I pride ourselves in making sure the kids are ALWAYS taken care of. That said we as a team are on the road almost every weekend either testing or racing and were coming to the end of a VERY LONG season. Sometimes a challenging situation can spill over into a short conversation or poorly choosen response. It's still no excuse but may help with understanding and I apologize for you leaving KW with that feeling.

Racing, prepping and moving large vessels and vehicles around a tight pit area can be extremly challenging unlike others we open our pits to accomodate our fans. You get to see the team up close and personal....and as an offshore powerboater you can relate that things can be frustrating working on a boat sometimes .

As a racer sometimes your mind is spinning before and or after a race. People can be talking to you but you still haven't returned from "raceland" it's like a hangover from the testoterone/adrenelin cocktail you just slammed.

Thank you for the compliment on our performance and we would value you as a fan if you can see your way to giving us a second chance.

Marc

I dont know the Geico team personally, but in 03 had an opportunity to be helped by Marc. It was my first real PR in years, and I had my 03 37 Active Thunder-Radio Active debuted at the Sarasota PR. Anyways on take off, we blew a Hering blade. Marc spent the better half of 4 hours driving us around to get us a prop. I finished the other half of the run and had a blast. It's guys like this that make this sport so great. Thanks again Marc. Jeff
Old 11-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

The mark of a good organization is how they handle the customer after something goes wrong. In this case you've gained another fan.

Quick Reply: Great way to treat a fan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.