Notices

Great way to treat a fan

Old 11-12-2008, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's obvious alot of you have had nothing but great experiences with anyone associated with Team Geico, so imagine how surprised I was when this happened. All that being said they quickly showed their true self and sportsmanship and the issue is not an issue, PERIOD!!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 07:22 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

First class team, first class people.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 11-12-2008, 07:41 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Geico lent us some batteries during the night so we could get our engines fired up after going over on friday... that was awful good of them.

although jordan did step on my foot one day, that was kind of rude...
Old 11-12-2008, 07:47 PM
Registered

A little story,
Last winter at the Boat Show in NYC at the Javitz Center I brought my wife and kids. My son is a 10 year old Boy who "LOVES" offshore racing and the boats. Anyhow as my family approached the Miss Geico my wife was getting my kids a signed picture of the boat from the Model/Rep that was there with Mr. Haggin. Anyhow they started some small talk and my wife mentioned to her how my son spends hours on the computer looking at Youtube clips of the Miss Geico and other race boats and how he knows all of their different boats and what not. The rep did not hesitate and walked over to Mr.Haggin and whisspered in his ear, he came over to my son, brought him over the table and brought him right up on the boat and took his pic with a polaroid. He then brought him down and flooded him with pictures, book bags and other souveniers.
Needless to say the Team made a huge impression that day. They really made a little boy feel real special and I can't thank them enuff, especially Mr.Haggin.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottB
It doesn't sound like something anyone on our team would say, and if it was, I would deal with it . Part of our mission statement is to make everyone we meet feel great about us and our sport. If it was a GEICO team member, I sincerely apologise. Marc, myself, an Haggin truly appreciate fans and fellow racers. We have a large team, and have had some bad apples in the past, in fact, I fired a team member last year in Key West for being rude to fellow competators and fans.
You have my sincerest apology and if you would like to speak with me regarding this matter, please send me a pm and I will give you my #

Great response!!! People should learn from this guy on PR... I.E. concept. Even bad press can turn into a great oppurtunity. Very proffesionaly handled.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Registered

Default congrats to Geico

Congrat to scotty and mark! You guys looked great.

How sweet it was to see you guys pass the bud guys.

awesome job guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Registered

YES that was great..........
GREAT JOB
Old 11-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Xchoke03
A little story,
Last winter at the Boat Show in NYC at the Javitz Center I brought my wife and kids. My son is a 10 year old Boy who "LOVES" offshore racing and the boats. Anyhow as my family approached the Miss Geico my wife was getting my kids a signed picture of the boat from the Model/Rep that was there with Mr. Haggin. Anyhow they started some small talk and my wife mentioned to her how my son spends hours on the computer looking at Youtube clips of the Miss Geico and other race boats and how he knows all of their different boats and what not. The rep did not hesitate and walked over to Mr.Haggin and whisspered in his ear, he came over to my son, brought him over the table and brought him right up on the boat and took his pic with a polaroid. He then brought him down and flooded him with pictures, book bags and other souveniers.
Needless to say the Team made a huge impression that day. They really made a little boy feel real special and I can't thank them enuff, especially Mr.Haggin.

so great!!
Old 11-13-2008, 05:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Xchoke03
A little story,
That's what's so great about being fortunate to have something others look up to. I have a Lambo and have on two occasions been approached by a parent and their kid, just being amazed to see a car like mine. I've taken both kids for a short ride and told them now go work hard and you can get a better car then me. Others may be so egotistical that they miss the whole point of having something nice.
Thanks to all the race teams, they help our sport tremendously...
Old 11-13-2008, 06:29 PM
Registered

They always appear to be a class act to me. At the Detroit "races" where Motley Crue turned over, I'm pretty sure it was the whole crew in yellow helping get it drained and hoisted out of the water, great sportsmanship. I also think I've seen their trucks tied up to competitors boat at St Clair as I assumed someone had a truck issue.

Combined with all they do here, it's tough to imagine someone being that rude from the crew, but I wouldn't let 1 guy ruin your opinion of the team. It's pretty obvious the top guys will go out of their way for the fans, and for the sport.

Quick Reply: Great way to treat a fan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.