Notices

Savannah Race in July

Old 03-11-2002, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savannah Race in July

Does anyone know if its worth hauling the boat to Savannah to watch the race, has anyone been there, is the race in the ocean or the river?
Old 03-11-2002, 08:18 AM
gaboatnut

Dont know anything about it???? I'm only 3 hours from there and would make the tow. I know of a nice marina WITH A LIFT! Keep me posted..like I need a reason to go boating

Old 03-11-2002, 08:25 AM
boater31

i live in savannah and hell yea bring the boat! the race is going to be on the sav river in front of river street (1 mile long stretch of bars,shops and restraunts) should be interesting format as the river isnt real wide bout 350'. i am working on putting on a fun run for anyone who brings a boat and can help w/ accomodations and dockage. i have the gm at the westin on the river holding a block of rooms and a banquet area so i can put this together. just hope apba and group 5 sales can really make this happen and i have been in contact w/ them. feel free to call me at 912-313-8686. russ floyd

Old 03-11-2002, 08:29 AM
Registered

Thanks Russ, I was wondering what was going on there, didn't know what the waters were like there, do you know of public ramps also? Glad to see the race is in the river. Thanks again.
Old 03-11-2002, 08:36 AM
boater31

there is a ramp right by my marina to launch and you can keep the boat at the marina. i am working w/ them on pricing look like 1.00 ft and storage customer pricing on fuel. they have 93 octane. look forward to getting a nice group together for some prerace boating fun. let me know if you are coming. i will post the details as they develop. thanks

Old 03-11-2002, 08:40 AM
Registered

Sounds good, didn't want to make the trip and be stuck out in 7 to 8 feet seas. I'll try to gather a group together and let you know, thanks again Russ
Old 03-11-2002, 08:48 AM
Registered

Boater31,
We have a group from the Lake Murray Powerboat Club that is going...probably around 20-25 people. Some of us are staying at the Day's Inn on W. Bay Street. Please keep us informed on when and where you are having this little get together at!
Thanks!
Old 03-11-2002, 08:57 AM
boater31

Cathy: let me know if you need more rooms, we are working w/ the westin. new hotel on north side of river by where the pits will be and they overlook the river for great viewing. i will also have a hospitality suite set up there. i hope the apba can get everything settled and keep this happening! russ

Old 03-11-2002, 09:52 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

We will certainly be there! Thanks for the help an all the information Russ!
Chris Reindl
www.reindlpowerboats.com
Old 03-11-2002, 11:43 AM
Jan
Member "69" Charter #70
Charter Member

If the race does not happen, it is still the July 4th weekend. We will still pull the boat from Columbia and be ready to party.

We have come down the intercaostal from Charleston to Hilton Head (staying in Harbour Town, they love open exhuast!!!) numerous times and always spend one day on River st. partying.

Jan

Quick Reply: Savannah Race in July

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.