Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation! >

John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation!

Notices

John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation!

Old 11-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Mac
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJD
Wow! You are kidding....right?? The races have been around LONG before poker runs were invented and they will be in Key West long after the poker runners go for a different weekend.
Speaking of who's been around longer, how long has Carbonell been doing this? 20? 30 years? How about the other players? A lot of people have come and gone but J. C. is still doing his thing and exactly the way he wants to do it.
No I wasnt kidding, how many boats were there this year??? I understand the count was awy down.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Registered

Well said Randy.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:20 PM
DJD
Registered

Originally Posted by Rare Breed
No I wasnt kidding, how many boats were there this year??? I understand the count was awy down.
It's all driven by the economy.
Race boats & pleasure boats run on play money. When play money tightens up, boating use goes down.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:29 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Race teams need fans!!! PR teams dont need fans! Both love the same things (cool fast boats). If I were a race promoter and knowing I need fans to support my teams I would think the perfect place to start would be PR people. I would work with them any way I could to get the PR people to share and participate in my event. We should do joint events with vendors,manufactures and media. If an event had 50 race teams and 100 PR teams and we all hung together in the same location it would be off the hook fun. Its not all about the 1-hour race, its about the weekend together with more friends with parades,contest,street party's and putting on value to the towns we visit. We need to close this gap and realize we all think the same way and not "them and us" Think in terms of Havasu this last year.
MD
That would be heaven on Earth.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Race teams need fans!!! PR teams dont need fans! Both love the same things (cool fast boats). If I were a race promoter and knowing I need fans to support my teams I would think the perfect place to start would be PR people. I would work with them any way I could to get the PR people to share and participate in my event. We should do joint events with vendors,manufactures and media. If an event had 50 race teams and 100 PR teams and we all hung together in the same location it would be off the hook fun. Its not all about the 1-hour race, its about the weekend together with more friends with parades,contest,street party's and putting on value to the towns we visit. We need to close this gap and realize we all think the same way and not "them and us" Think in terms of Havasu this last year.
MD
I agree!!
Old 11-14-2008, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJD
Speaking of who's been around longer, how long has Carbonell been doing this? 20? 30 years? How about the other players? A lot of people have come and gone but J. C. is still doing his thing and exactly the way he wants to do it.
Just because he has been doing it for 20-30 years, and doing it his way, doesnt mean its the right way??

GM has been making cars for a lot longer than toyota, but GM is not doing so well right now, are they??

I think if he listened to others, and opened up a bit to the other orgs. it would be better for everyone in the long run, fans especially, and thats what we are talking about here isnt it??
Old 11-14-2008, 09:59 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

MD

Amen brutha Randy Havasu was great! although next time i am doing some late night last minute repairs to an SVL please . . . stay in the hottub . . .
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 11-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42

This was not something that was told to anyone until we were already in Key West and it was because of SBI's low turn out. The problem is everyone that came down on the Poker run, drove their boat to Key West. The trailers were left in Miami. Very few people had their trailers brought down.
Understand totally Gino, just responding to someone's question concerning why the rift between JC and Stu, I only brought up a possibility of the reasoning.

Pat,
Dont want anything, just knowing that he is the first and only member of my fan club means the world to me

Rick,
As you have told me time and time again, "It is what it is" then again thats why we're car racing instead in 09

gonna join Pat on the outside looking in, best to you guys and hope you get things resolved Gino!

Trent
Old 11-14-2008, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
Understand totally Gino, just responding to someone's question concerning why the rift between JC and Stu, I only brought up a possibility of the reasoning.

Pat,
Dont want anything, just knowing that he is the first and only member of my fan club means the world to me

Rick,
As you have told me time and time again, "It is what it is" then again thats why we're car racing instead in 09

gonna join Pat on the outside looking in, best to you guys and hope you get things resolved Gino!

Trent
SOO,

tell me about this car racing thing, I am there for ya if ya need me, boats are more fun for pleasure anyway

Last edited by JuCo; 11-21-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:05 PM
DJD
Registered

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Just because he has been doing it for 20-30 years, and doing it his way, doesnt mean its the right way??
GM has been making cars for a lot longer than toyota, but GM is not doing so well right now, are they??
I think if he listened to others, and opened up a bit to the other orgs. it would be better for everyone in the long run, fans especially, and thats what we are talking about here isnt it??
1. Never said it is the "right way", I just said he has been doing it a very long time & people still race with him.
2. Right! If people weren't worried about their money right now they would be buying more cars. Toyota announced the biggest losses in their history as well.....
3. I agree completely!

Last edited by DJD; 11-14-2008 at 11:08 PM. Reason: screwed up the quotes

Quick Reply: John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.