Like Tree0Likes

John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation!

Old 11-12-2008, 12:05 PM
Registered

My Boats: 42 MTI SV. VIKING V70. LEOPARD 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJD View Post
Flip side of the coin:
We had two spots reserved at an APBA race (Baltimore). One for F2-07 "Wild Child" and one was for the motor home. We decided not to bring the motor home so I had one of our guys bring my Cigarette so our friends could go out on it & watch the race. No go! We were told "no poker run/pleasure boats allowd in the pits". End of story.
Does OSS allow pleasure boats in the pits?
They had no problem with me parking my boat in the pits....
Old 11-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OU Want Some?!! View Post

that's cause you're special
Old 11-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLee View Post
He had Mercedes f-cking Benz there interested in spending more advertising money, but I guess urinalmint.com sponsorships are bringing in all the cash they can handle.Brilliant.

URINALMINT.COM LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 12:29 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OU Want Some?!! View Post
but you bought a race boat big daddy!

Gino you should of just came down to our pit and we would of gave you a Fury sticker for the boat and you could of just slid into our spot, I doubt most of those officials would of known the difference.

I was knee deep in oil/water in the bilge after the boat was upside down and one official came flying up in a golf cart and wanted to know why we weren't lined up to go out for the street party.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:49 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLee View Post
LOL, whatever..... That's exactly why you'll never have real sponsors in your "sport". Those races would have been gone years ago without the poker run bringing the fans down to watch.

He had Mercedes f-cking Benz there interested in spending more advertising money, but I guess urinalmint.com sponsorships are bringing in all the cash they can handle.Brilliant.
well said !
Old 11-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Registered
VIP Member
Trade Score: (2)

My Boats: 44 MTI 39 MTI 35 MOTION 16 DONZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean H View Post
but you bought a race boat big daddy!

Gino you should of just came down to our pit and we would of gave you a Fury sticker for the boat and you could of just slid into our spot, I doubt most of those officials would of known the difference.

I was knee deep in oil/water in the bilge after the boat was upside down and one official came flying up in a golf cart and wanted to know why we weren't lined up to go out for the street party.

Thank you, At that point it wouldn't have made a difference. Aquamainia didn't use 1/2 the space they paid for and even had one less boat then expected in the pits.
To tell you the truth, we were asked almost as a favor to do the parade. The city expected $500 per boat and no one else wanted to do it for that money. Of coarse, It wasn't a favor at all, it would look great to the Mercedes guys. We headed to the pits thinking we would be welcomed with open arms, instead we were treated like garbage.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:56 PM
Registered

J.C. has always had a bad rep, cocky and arrogant. Someone needs to slap him upside the head and knock some sense into him.

Last edited by Quicksilver; 11-12-2008 at 01:00 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:56 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSO View Post
One of the reasons racing is where it is today, does not surprise me at all. That guy could never see the forest through the trees.
YEP! I could add more but I will keep my mouth (and keyboard) shut...

Ben
Old 11-12-2008, 01:04 PM
Registered

My Boats: Blackthunder & Malibu ski boat

a few years ago when I helped set up the OSO party SBI had a fit because I dared to contact some of the restaurants on my own. Their attitude was I had to go book it through them since they had secured the venue, when checking into it, I found out every place they wanted to send me to had HUGE banquet fees that gave you nothing but a place to show up at, food and drink was extra. As far as I was concerned they should have paid us to bring 1,000 drinkers into their establishment. I got the feeling that they thought all of Key West was their venue, not just the race site.

The following year I had a similar problem when I posted about getting a group to watch from the Sebago. I don't remember the details but somehow SBI got word about it, so the Sebago, people called me worried saying that they did not want me promoting it on a web site. They said something to the effect that they are only told at the last min. if they could be a turn boat and if looked like they were going to be hosting an OSO party then they might not be able to be a turn boat or they would be charged. It's unfortunate that the race promotion organization, the Conch Republic, granted John/SBI the rights to the race site for several more years. But since John lives in KW the mucky mucks and him are buddies. The head of the Spotswood company, who was and maybe still is, the head conch for the Conch Republic said he could care less about the race organizations, he is just about filling the town. I just wish one year Stu Jones would not have a run there, and all the fans would stay home. Then Spotswood and the CR would really see who fills that town up, it is not just JC.
Also in my limited dealing with anyone working for JC, you could definitely get the sense that no one, not even the volunteers wanted to cross him.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Registered

My Boats: 42 MTI SV. VIKING V70. LEOPARD 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman View Post
that's cause you're special
thank you!!!
It's been a rough 48hrs since KW... I think I have pancreatitis or some other -itis....