Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation! >

John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation!

Notices

John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation!

Old 11-12-2008, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
you know we all love you and the Girls, but John can get a little harsh sometimes, 'til ya know how to deal with him. I am sure He had a lot of stress that week, and the last thing he needed was to deal with more at that point.
Rick
JC's been in this business longer that just about everybody in the business, I think I even heard 30 years. After all that experience and races he has organized, someone who has control of the Number One venue in offshore racing should be more professional, more ready for what ever curve is thrown his way. Promoters or race groups that do this as a hobby with less years under their belts, have a better grasp on dealing with people.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
Gino,

Hey bro, you put a big bulls eye on yourself. Not saying its right/wrong. But you have, the brighter you shine the more people will take aim at you.

Again I don't agree, but>>>>>>>>>

WILL
At least someone has the guts to say what other people only mumble to each other. Kudos to Gino for taking a stand.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

The racers and poker runners are doing this for the love of boating not 2 make money at it, it is a shame u have to lose $ at something U love and have an a-hole ruin your harmonious vibe about the whole experience...shame on you JC...shame...
Old 11-12-2008, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Just forwarded this link to this thread along with a short but sweet not to Mr. JC!!
Old 11-13-2008, 01:51 AM
Registered

I know if the poker run wasn't in kw at the same time, we probably wouldn't make the trip every year.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

So when everyone starts talking about going to Key West next year. How many will forget everything, and talk about how great Key West is, and what JC does for the sport.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:28 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Aqua Banshee
So when everyone starts talking about going to Key West next year. How many will forget everything, and talk about how great Key West is, and what JC does for the sport.
Bingo.

Bubba *****in is a yearly ritual and if it helps to put it in writing, so be it.
He is what he is and it is not going to change. There is so much that is wrong in some of these posts but it's not worth going into and it's not my job.
I happen to post because it included me as staff.

Aren't you curious as to why his supporters, year after year, read all of this (you can see them in the background) and don't BOTHER to jump in?
Many racers and staff have left who couldn't deal with NOT GETTING THEIR IDEAS ACROSS...and they RETURN.

When you figure it out........you will finally see there is a line in the road in the middle of the 7 mile bridge. It separates the real world from "OZ".

Hot Duck........apology accepted. And please know, I am included in being on the hot end during some of JC's fits. If I can deal with them without calling him a dope smoker and crying like a baby..........why can't.............never mind.
Trust me, if he were every name you have all called him, I would not be there.

Rick......thank you and yes, he was stressed. I have an idea......call him today and say the word "Navy". However, no excuse for rudeness from either him or our staff.
Donna......you are right.......it is his and Bill Spottswood's town. I was going to say get over it, but it would sound rude.

Now go to General Racing section/Jim Natoli thread and read post #49 and concentrate on the important stuff in life.
If you have any serious questions or bashing for me.......
email me.
I'm going to the beach.
PD

p.s. I'll save you some time. The answer is......
hotel rooms, travel expenses and meals.

Last edited by Pat D; 11-13-2008 at 09:44 AM.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DaveP
John C. "aka BUBBA" is the biggest piece of scum in offshore racing - period. On the totem pole of life he is a lower life form than whale sh*t (and whale sh*t is pretty deep in the ocean)

Cmon Dave....Tell us how you REALLY feel!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 09:50 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Gino, I don't know what's up with SBI but as Vice President of OPA you guy's and ladies are welcome anytime with OPA and The Jersey Boyz.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:05 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

What Augie said! Everyone is welcome at an OPA race, and anyone that is trying to further the sport, racer, fan, poker runner, whatever, is welcome to join in the fun. OPA has it's faults and has people b!tchin too sometimes, but everyone involved is open and very flexible when new opportunities (and challenges) arise. I have had only minor dealings with JC and he has been straightforward and obviously driven, albeit somewhat gruff. In his defense I will say that from an economic standpoint his organization and KW in particular are as well or better ran than any. In fact my ideal plan for offshore racing includes him as Finance Chairman . It is a shame that sometimes people are so set in their ways they can't see the forest for the trees, but vision is not something that can be taught.

Quick Reply: John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.