Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation! >

John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation!

Notices

John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation!

Old 11-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Gino,
What goes around, comes around!
Dean
I wish this was more true, but people keep supporting him and until people (and racer) stop supporting him, he will continue on...
Old 11-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Purnell and I had similar experiences with SBI when we were racing together. My opinion of SBI is that they are a bunch of dictator-like a$$holes (not the racers, just some of the officials) and JC is king dictator. He has absolutely no people skills.

I'll bet he kicked you out of the pits because Reggie told him to. Reggie probably did not want your boat there for obvious reasons. I think those two are so far up each other's a$$es it's not funny. Even years ago when we were racing F2 with SBI, Reggie's stuff was blatantly cheating, but SBI would not do anything about it.

As for the poker run teams, they made the show in Key West. Look how empty the town was until the poker run teams started coming in. We sat along the rail at the Westin to watch the race on Wednesday and there wasn't anybody around. Then on Friday and Sunday (after the poker run teams arrived) the place was absolutely packed during the races. You could also tell a huge difference on Duval before and after the poker run teams arrived. JC should be kissing Stu's feet because without the poker run in town, the race week would not have been be what it was.

Last edited by Hot Duck; 11-12-2008 at 07:25 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:35 PM
Registered

Hot Duck, You are right! Any Racing organization that doesn't support the Poker Run FLEET is really missing the boat (or boats)!!! Racers and Poker Runners both share the need for speed on water and with WAY MORE Poker Runners out there than Racing boats, OSS, SBI, OPA, PROPRA or any other racing body NEEDS the Poker Run Boats for support!!! I hope that the racing organizations figure this out soon. Heck, I would bet if more Poker Runners attended more races, you would only gain more racers...

Ben
Old 11-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I raced with SBR/SBI for many years, and John C. always took care of our entire team, and our guests. John even paid our entry fee on several occasions, when the budget was tight. Lets not forget that John and SBI have been consistent promoters of offshore racing, for something like close to 30 years, and in that time we have seen many other organizations come and go. SBI is not perfect, John is not perfect, but they have done allot for offshore racing, through the years.

I suspect that a combination of insurance issues and the bazillion problems that arise in running a race the size of the Worlds, caused John to ‘bark’ out at you. It sounds like you tried to do the right thing, and I am sorry that you and your boat could not be accommodated. It would be great to have other hi-performance boats, in and around race boats, to help better promote the sport.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:14 PM
RHC
Registered

One of my worst times in boating was about JC and Key West ,, I will not go into detail but we were the Med boat ( free) and he wanted to throw us out of the pits and not use the ramp ect, It is my belief that he is the single worst person that has ruined Offshore racing for the last 15yrs, his deal with Key West just plain suck's for all the other Race Groups. enough already !

RHC
Old 11-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

[QUOTE=Hot Duck;2737716]. My opinion of SBI is that they are a bunch of dictator-like a$$holes (not the racers, just the officials) and JC is king dictator.

I've read all this and wasn't going to post but now I have to defend myself.
You don't know me so you have no right to blame your unhappy experiences on those of us who participate in the SBI events because we enjoy it.
After working in race control for 9 races this past week, showing up for 8 a.m. staff meetings, monitoring the testing for 8 hours on tuesday, working with the medical team during spin-outs and getting divers back in the helicopters after coordinating the transfer of racers from boats to ambulances, signing up all our volunteer boats, plus many other things that helped this race happen........it sure is warming my heart to be called an a$$hole.
I've worked the races for many years but won't get involved in bashing, politics or defending controversial situations - even though I know what the other sides of stories are.
Don't bunch me into your rude accusations. If you want to know who I am........ask someone who does.
Pat Diedrich/SBI medical race communications and volunteer boat coordinator
Old 11-12-2008, 02:54 PM
instigator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by RHC
One of my worst times in boating was about JC and Key West ,, I will not go into detail but we were the Med boat ( free) and he wanted to throw us out of the pits and not use the ramp ect,
he did the same exact thing to me, same scenario, what an arrogant a$$hole... really rude and uncalled for.. after we brought another 11 spectators for paid admission and I footed the tab for the gas and towing fee's... same sh1t... we haven't gone back since... I'll NEVER help him again on my dime... Pat D was very cool to deal with though, she's a saint..
Old 11-12-2008, 03:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
I honesty don't believe you can say that about the OPA. We pride ourselves on being a friendly community that will go beyound to help one another, our fans and volunteers.
I am sure you guys were not part of his quote, OPA IS THE BEST from what I have seen since you you guys started, I never hear any of the guys I know complain about racing with OPA, and wish I was healthy so I race myself and every winter I hope by spring to be able to race, so I am shooting for 09 like I did for 06, 07, and 08. if not I will attend a few cause OPA IS THE BALLS when it comes to racing you guys are doing a great job . art
Old 11-12-2008, 03:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gino,

Hey bro, you put a big bulls eye on yourself. Not saying its right/wrong. But you have, the brighter you shine the more people will take aim at you.

Again I don't agree, but>>>>>>>>>

WILL
Old 11-12-2008, 03:41 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

All I have heard is bad!!!

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Quick Reply: John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.