Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
45-11-6-2!!! Looks like another cup for Hockeytown!! >

45-11-6-2!!! Looks like another cup for Hockeytown!!

Notices

45-11-6-2!!! Looks like another cup for Hockeytown!!

Old 03-07-2002, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 45-11-6-2!!! Looks like another cup for Hockeytown!!

Is there a real challenger to the Red Wings for the Cup? Let's hear your opinions!
Old 03-07-2002, 09:01 PM
Registered

Default Rams Fan here

dont count your chickens before .....

Stanley Cup playoffs are a whole different season, lets let them play the games on the ice to determine the Blues as the victor!!!!
Old 03-08-2002, 12:23 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Busterscott is right, playoffs are a completly different season, I watched the game last night and you guys have an awesome team though, I didnt realize the extent, the talent goes on and on at every position and probably the best coach the NHL has ever seen, we are lost without Cujo, I need a Canadian......Do you get actual Canadian or is that U.S. Canadian, I grew up on the stuff. Doug
Old 03-09-2002, 05:11 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Default Oh yeah baby!!!!!!!!!

Busterscott, care to re-think your position??? The game just finished, Red Wings 5. Blues 2. The Blues are fighting just to MAKE the playoffs.

Pass The Cup. I'm thirsty!!!!!!

Oh yeah, Da Wings!!! I need to get a copy of the tune the play at the Joe. "Hey Hey, Hockey Town." Anyone know where I can get it???
Old 03-09-2002, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Default DA

By the way Its DA BEARS & DA BULLS & DA HAWKS never heard of DA WINGS. Better hope Your Russians show up . Does the LA KINGS and the first round mean anything to you.
Old 03-09-2002, 10:02 PM
flylevel

Luke has left the building and entered into hockey town

Old 03-10-2002, 06:51 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,703 Likes on 3,785 Posts

being a Wings fan since the 80's, i dont count the cup until i see Stevie Yserman lifting it above his head, and the world's greatest fans make the JOE rock. they look great and have a lot of depth at all positions. only time will tell if they peek too soon.
Old 03-10-2002, 04:44 PM
Registered

Default Unfortunately, I drink the U.S. version

twinn29,
I am begrudgingly forced to drink the sissy version of Molson Canadian, but it still kicks ass in comparison to American Beer. Whenever I go to the great white north, however , there's always a case or two of the real stuff coming back with me.
I'm really pissed that they took "An Honest Brew Makes It's Own Friends" off the new cans!
Old 03-11-2002, 05:40 AM
Registered

I'd love to see them get the Stanley this year. Some of the rookies are doing extremely well. But what the hell happened yesterday???? I think my babies were spending to much time in the penalty box. But they are still kickin arse!!

Stanley!
Stanley!
Stanley!

Old 03-11-2002, 10:27 AM
Registered

Default nope Foul

no rethinking, making the playoffs is just about right for now.

Then, win the first series, then ....

Seeding is crap, if you are going to win the dam cup, the order your opponents line up in is immaterial. But the reason why the better seeded teams win more often is that they probably are better teams, but there are no guarantees.

The real message I had for you guys is not to get too far in front of yourselves. That is what happened to alot of the Rams fans for the superbowl. People were planing on going to the victory parade before the game was played. Bad omen there when that happens. So, as a Blues fan, go ahead, figure out how you are going to display the cup, print up your newspaper front page, design the victory sweatshirts, book tickets for the team to visit the President, and then have the bubble burst because some dirtbag team crawls out and plays the series of a lifetime, gets all the breaks, steals a game or two, and knocks you off.

The redwings are just like the rams were, if they win, they did what everyone expects, no big deal. If they lose, it is complete and unacceptable failure because there is no equal competition in the eyes of the fans. That thinking is just wrong however and it is a good thing the game is not played by the fans or the "experts."

Quick Reply: 45-11-6-2!!! Looks like another cup for Hockeytown!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.