Has anyone shipped a prop? >

Has anyone shipped a prop?

Notices

Has anyone shipped a prop?

Old 03-11-2002, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone shipped a prop?

I'm sending my prop off today to be labbed at York Propeller in California.

I don't have the prop's original shipping materials so any information about packing it up safely would be a big help. Also, did you insure your prop when you sent it? For how much? I'm sending a Mirage Plus 23p. How do you think it's worth?

Thanks again to any and all!!!!
Old 03-11-2002, 08:56 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I have shipped a couple of props so I am not an expert by any means. The easy way is to find a Package Depot, Mailboxes Etc or similar outfit that does packaging. Put the prop in a sturdy box, wrap it in bubble wrap and fill the box with styrofoam peanuts, wadded paper or other filler. Cost for this is small if you have it done. Insure the prop for what it is worth to you. Insurance is not expensive, replacing a prop is. Hope this helps. Maybe others with more experience can offer more.

Larry
Old 03-11-2002, 09:04 AM
Registered

Thanks, Laster. That's the kind of info I was after. I wasn't sure if there was any 'black magic' involved in shipping a prop. I'll just head over to my local Mailboxes etc. and have 'em do it up.
Old 03-11-2002, 09:10 AM
Banned

I have shipped a couple. I took it to a shipping place (mailbox etc, or somethin of that nature) It cost about $16 to ship from Florida to California, and that was including the packaging.
Old 03-11-2002, 09:19 AM
KN
Registered

Someone mentioned on the other thread about lab props, he sent them out in a milk crate, sound like a good idea. My guess is it would be around $400-450 to replace that prop.
Old 03-11-2002, 09:25 AM
Registered

Thanks all. Great info!!!!
Old 03-11-2002, 09:30 AM
Registered

I would go to Mailboxes like everyone has suggested.
Old 03-11-2002, 09:32 AM
Registered

I just had my props sent to York Propellers too. I went to Mailboxes, etc. and they wrapped and shipped the product for me. It's worth the extra couple of bucks!
Old 03-11-2002, 09:33 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 927 Likes on 466 Posts
Arrow

the last pair of props i shipped out to have "fixed" i cut some thin plywood and through bolted them top and bottom so the bleades wouldnt get bent incase Travis was playing soccer with the box useing the forklift!!!
Now at work here we have one of those styrofoam machines that inject the two chemicals into a bad and it form around the item......Thats what i'm gonna use next time!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 03-11-2002, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

just go to your local dealer and ask if they have an extra prop box. when i shipped my props to york, i used mercruiser prop boxes and then put both boxes into one larger box and then packed it with bubble wrap. make sure you insure your package as well. it must have worked....john got it.

chad

Quick Reply: Has anyone shipped a prop?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.