Notices

unique sunsation ????

Old 11-18-2008, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default unique sunsation ????

Hmmmm , where to start. I've fixed a bunch of cars problems these hackers caused. All show and no go. Hope it's just some flash , I'd hate to ruin a perfectly good boat like that.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw the ads for the show, and I've been debating whether or not I can stomach watching an episode just to see the boat footage.

I'd rather listen to Edith Bunker than Will Castro.

Doesn't surpise me that you've had to fix their junk. I was an installer in a previous life, and they look like hacks to me. I especially love when one of their "high end custom jobs" includes one of their guys out back with a can of Krylon.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:31 AM
Registered

With this project, we are looking to cross market into the auto world and try to spread the word about performance boating.
One of our clients made the decision to work with Will and the project worked out really well. All systems and the install appear to be installed well. But then again, I am a boat guy .

Thanks in advance if you do watch. I havent seen any of the footage so it will be a suprise to me as well.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by rainmn
I saw the ads for the show, and I've been debating whether or not I can stomach watching an episode just to see the boat footage.

I'd rather listen to Edith Bunker than Will Castro.

Doesn't surpise me that you've had to fix their junk. I was an installer in a previous life, and they look like hacks to me. I especially love when one of their "high end custom jobs" includes one of their guys out back with a can of Krylon.
The Krylon threw me for a loop too! I am not a professional, but even I knew that was hack!!!! Dave
Old 11-18-2008, 08:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

I hope the boat turns out well.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by MahopacMarine
With this project, we are looking to cross market into the auto world and try to spread the word about performance boating.
One of our clients made the decision to work with Will and the project worked out really well. All systems and the install appear to be installed well. But then again, I am a boat guy .

Thanks in advance if you do watch. I havent seen any of the footage so it will be a suprise to me as well.
im sure the boat is going to be awsome. i will be watching myself. god job guys....
Old 11-18-2008, 10:53 AM
Registered

Key word is "appear " . Appearance is what the customer sees so it has to be good. What I've seen that I diddn't like is what you can't see in person or on tv be it pimp my ride , unique whips and the like. Same as when a customer wants something he's seen in a magazine. Not to bash badly but like I said it's all show and bling. Not really a bad thing , at least it looks cool.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:01 PM
my00b16si

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by rainmn

I build marine upholstrey for a living. I also build custom boats and cars as side projects. I get a kick watching unique whips just for that reason. i seen that show myself That is not the way to build a interior. ( with spray paint.). I also watched the video on Sunsations site. at the end of the video you see the installer putting a screw threw the upholstrey.. With a little more plaining it would of been done right the first time with hidden fasteners..To me the are a glorified audio shop. I say leave boats to us and the car to them. If sunsation or the dealer wants a truly custom boat that has fourm and fuction they should of done the research first. To me the boat has a little sound system and a few blue lights that anyone can do.. Anything for a little tv time i guess. Thats just my .02

Old 11-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Registered

I have to laugh at all those shows, Rides/ Am Chopper / pimp / unique / the Truck one / Over haul'n all of them are such B.S. to anyone that has been around or built a few cars, bikes, boats, I have done show cars and alot of over the top customs and when I see Chip Foose and his boys almost completely cover a car with bondo I gotta think hummm what's up with that. I gyess they don't know what a body hammer and dolly are or have a clue how to use a torch to gas wield or to shrink with heat. Enough of the rant I just hope all goes well with the boats. Good Luck I say.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:07 PM
Registered

What show, and when will this be on?

Quick Reply: unique sunsation ????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.