Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Ripped Off Again, my NATIONAL MARINE STORY!!! >

Ripped Off Again, my NATIONAL MARINE STORY!!!

Notices

Ripped Off Again, my NATIONAL MARINE STORY!!!

Old 11-29-2004, 06:32 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts
Angry Ripped Off Again, my NATIONAL MARINE STORY!!!

I've been trying to hold it in, but I can't I'm pizzed off!

I've been a fraud victim of 2 dealers in 15 months.

I know most of you are aware of my experience last year. I was ripped off by a dealer in Atlanta. He managed to get about 10-15 people before he dissappeared. We were able to locate him and he was eventually caught. The current amount he owes me according to the courts is just under $75,000. Plus legal costs. For more on this story see the BAD BUSINESS section under Bill Harris.

Now for my National Marine experience.

After my experience with a small and unproven dealer went to hell, I decided my next deal would only be with a LARGE and PROVEN dealer.

Enter National Marine.

Last Spring I was in the market just as NM opened the Ft. Laud. location. I had been to all of the larger dealers in S. Fl., but NM had top notch inventory. I went to the warehouse in early April. What a great facility and nice selection! I was met by a nice salesman and shown the in-stock selection. Nothing I really could afford, but wait, they just took a '96 'Gun on trade. I was shown pics and made an appointment to see it up close on a Sunday. It was a beauty and completely redone in '03. It had 675 Chiefs, new XR's, everything. Asking price was a bit high, but it needed nothing.
I made an offer, contingent on a Myco trailer included, and it was accepted. I did a credit app.(good, but not great) and waited. 3-4 days later they are having a little trouble as I don't have much provable income(rest. bizz) but they will get it handled. Long story short, I jump through several hoops and still wait. Just when I've given up, Bill Hionas calls and says the "deal is done". I'm amped! I pick the boat up on Sat. May, 8th and go immediately to the water(trailer not ready yet???). Boat is everything I want and more. Two weeks later, word comes from NM, Home Saving has reversed and refused my loan! I'm pizzed! I tell 'em to K.M.AZZ, get it done. No way I'm bringin' it back now. Two weeks of legal talk and B.S. I'm ready to drive it thru the front door. I tell them to shove it I want my $$$ back and I'll go elsewhere.
Sunday afternoon(ya' SUNDAY) Bill calls and says "'HE' got 2nd National to buy my loan". Could I please re-sign? No way, I just want out of this crazy deal. He offers me 6 months no payments, 6 months warranty and a guaranteed trade in value for 12 months. No brainer, take the deal.Three months later I get a call from the previous owner, boat is still, his and NOT paid off. His bank is trying to repo it, and I may be screwed! National is gone, banks are no help(Skyy Bank has purchased 2nd Nat.), and I'm about to lose my down $$ and have an open loan for something I don't have. My attorney talks to his attorney, they talk to the banks. I'm caught between a rock and a boulder.
After 30 days of playing musical warehouses, I HAVE TO SURRENDER THE BOAT. I return it to the original owner in return for his help fighting my bank loan.It is now for sale through a dealer in S. Fla. Great boat, I'd buy it again if I didn't have an outstanding loan on it already!!!
Now I'm out about $25,000 more for down $$ and legal fees. That's $100k plus in 15 months and nothing to show for it. Ten years of savings WIPED OUT!! I'm done with pleasure boats, this industry SUCKS!!! Racing only for me from now on.
I won't buy another pleasure boat until someone does something for me. If a so-called "reputable dealer"(or private person) can help a guy with not much down $$ left, and little provable income I'll consider buying again. Otherwise, see you at the races.

Sorry to B ITCH so much, but I needed to vent.

Greg
Old 11-29-2004, 06:37 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ripped Off Again, my NATIONAL MARINE STORY!!!

Damn Greg, that sucks! I had no idea you were sucked in by the NM vortex. Twice in a row just ain't right.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:38 PM
Registered

I'm surprised you haven't shot anybody yet. "Sorry to hear this" seems pretty lame. Don't know quite what else to say. Hope luck turns your way for a change.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Re: Ripped Off Again, my NATIONAL MARINE STORY!!!

Damn what a bummer. Vent all you want.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to file charges againest NM and the owners, etc.. These things don't happen by themselves.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Greg as you know i myself has takin it in the shorts by national as well but for only $5000.00 which still hurt. I'm sorry to hear about what ya went threw. OSO member Dave P is a VP for Essex Credit and i'm sure would do anything he could to help you out. I'm thinkin about selling my 1998 29 twin small blaock scarab of your interested. Rumor has it he may be interested in selling his 36 Concept as well. If interested let me know.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:01 PM
yss
Registered

Are these criminals going to jail?
Old 11-29-2004, 07:02 PM
Registered

The word "Postal" is a light take on what I would do. An eye for an eye....cash is king. I was screwd by a dealer once and said never again, big or small. Funny thing is...I broke even on repairs and court costs with the settlement and he rolled down a hill on a tractor. Let s just say I am still here.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:14 PM
Registered

Greg ,Sorry to here this if I can help let me know .
Your good friend Dave
Old 11-29-2004, 07:22 PM
Registered

DAMN GREG
You get the f*cked of the year award! Sorry to here you got taken again. If you want a 47 APACHE I know where one is that you can get and it will be a solid deal. And come to think of it there's a 36 that was just re-done for a reasonable price. Again, sorry to here of your misfortunes with all this sh!t.

Robert

Quick Reply: Ripped Off Again, my NATIONAL MARINE STORY!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.