Notices

Trim Tabs

Old 11-22-2008, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Trim Tabs

Ok, so I'm wondering what everyone thinks about this. How often do you actually use your trim tab indicators and would it be worth getting a system with this feature? I've been looking around and think I'm going to go with a Lenco system, but I have to decide if I want the tab indicator switch or not.

Also, before I go and buy these, does anyone have tabs they would like to sell? These are the tabs I was considering, so something comparable to these would be great if I could find some used ones at a good price. Thanks!

http://www.lencomarine.com/highperformancet.html
Old 11-22-2008, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

I got these that I'm getting ready to take off my boat. They are complete with pump and lines. I'm putting 280 K-Planes on so these will most likely end up on ebay. $125 shipped to your door if you want them.
Attached Thumbnails Trim Tabs-100_7228%5B1%5D-2-large-.jpg  
Old 11-22-2008, 03:43 PM
Registered

I'd like to stay away from the bennets. I had the same on another boat I had and was not impressed with them whatsoever. They were very very slow reaction time. It took about 10 seconds to move them from full up to full down. Thanks anyway!
Old 11-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

A friend of mine bought a set of Lenco's for a 21 Scarab. I can't say I was impressed with the quality of the construction. He wasn't either and returned them before installing them. He wound up with a set of Bennet's and was very happy with them. If your looking for real offshore tabs, the keikhaefer's can't be beat by much.

BTW that is a GREAT price on those used tabs!
Old 11-22-2008, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

No problem...you want what you want. I'm the same way. If anybody wants them let me know.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 89Mach1
I'd like to stay away from the bennets. I had the same on another boat I had and was not impressed with them whatsoever. They were very very slow reaction time. It took about 10 seconds to move them from full up to full down. Thanks anyway!
10 seconds? What are you looking for...rocket tabs?

Sorry, I've had K planes on my last two boats. 280 and 380. Love em.

I had Bennets on the boat before that, but I don't remember them being that slow.

Last edited by Macklin; 11-22-2008 at 05:19 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

I had bennetts and also had insta trim,never used them,way to slow,took for ever for them to move.
I installed a set of Lenco hi perf 14x19 dual cyl tabs,are they Kplaines?no,but they are great tabs,fast acting,I find my self using them all the time.
as far as the switch,you can use a dubble pole/dobble throw rocker switch.and go with a mechanical indicator,thats what I did and they work great.
Attached Thumbnails Trim Tabs-sidewinder-003.jpg   Trim Tabs-d-003.jpg  
Old 11-23-2008, 12:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatnt
I had bennetts and also had insta trim,never used them,way to slow,took for ever for them to move.
I installed a set of Lenco hi perf 14x19 dual cyl tabs,are they Kplaines?no,but they are great tabs,fast acting,I find my self using them all the time.
as far as the switch,you can use a dubble pole/dobble throw rocker switch.and go with a mechanical indicator,thats what I did and they work great.

Those look great, where did you get them from? How long have you had them and any problems with them? Do you use your indicators often or just go by feel most of the time? I'm starting to think I should start off without the indicators and if I feel as though I need or want them I can always add the mechanical one later. How was the install? Thanks!
Old 11-23-2008, 12:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Macklin
10 seconds? What are you looking for...rocket tabs?

Sorry, I've had K planes on my last two boats. 280 and 380. Love em.

I had Bennets on the boat before that, but I don't remember them being that slow.
Yes, 10 seconds or so. That just seems a little slow, am I wrong?
Old 11-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Bennetts are 8 seconds from full up to full down. 4 seconds from full up to neutral. I dont think you would want them much faster. The boat does take a second to react to the changes and you dont want to go too far too fast. Slow change figure out what you need then continue adjusting. Just my thought.

Quick Reply: Trim Tabs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.