Originally Posted by Jesse James
boat has sold 63k

(second hand info)
wrong second hand info grasshopper

Old 12-04-2008, 10:15 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't understand the confusion here......

NO ONE IS TRYING TO PUT THE "boat" BACK TOGETHER, from what I've read. Yes, the hull should, and likely will be scrapped, but not with the damn engines and drives on it!

The Sterlings and #6's with all the parts have value. I don't blame Marine Assist at all for seeing if anyone would want to take it as is, before taking the time to derig the boat themselves.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:55 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by BLee

NO ONE IS TRYING TO PUT THE "boat" BACK TOGETHER, from what I've read. Yes, the hull should, and likely will be scrapped, but not with the damn engines and drives on it!

The Sterlings and #6's with all the parts have value. I don't blame Marine Assist at all for seeing if anyone would want to take it as is, before taking the time to derig the boat themselves.

BLee, call me 903-814-8848
Old 12-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee

I'm not sure about the confusion but there has been a fair about of discussion about how feasible it would be to put her back together. I lost a friend in that boat and considering that and the amount of damage to the hull I just don't want to see her put back together. As far as the parts go, I couldn't agree more that somebody should put them to use.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

63k seems cheap for the patrs that are there.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not many people would brand a title "salvage" ???

Did'nt the boat have to get a salvage title due to all the Litigation in the pipeline ????? Call me Brandon
Old 12-04-2008, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
Not many people would brand a title "salvage" ???

Did'nt the boat have to get a salvage title due to all the Litigation in the pipeline ????? Call me Brandon

The boat was left with a clear title after the insurance company settled and they did not take the boat, due to settling for less than insured value. They left the boat to the estate. This is why you can never fully trust CarFax/BoatFax, etc. Some things never get reported, due to circumstances.

I am of the opinion the boat should not be put out for sale without, at minimum, the title being branded as salvage, so I cancelled the Coast Guard documentation and titled the boat in Kentucky as a salvage vessel. This way, the title will now be unregisterable unless someone goes through the motions of rebuilding the boat, proving repairs have been done and then applying to the state to get the title re-branded as a rebuilt vessel. I am not a boat builder, so I will not address whether I think the boat is repairable or not.

As per my agreement with Kevin's father, I took the title into my business name, branded it as salvage and will provide it to the new buyer next week when the boat is delivered. The purchaser currently has no plans to use the hull.

Any price you see quoted on here is speculation, unless I put it out there. I will not do that, just as I will not disclose the buyer's information. That is really the only fair thing to do.

Just trying to deal with a tough situation as best I know how here guys.

Don
Old 12-04-2008, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

Thanks Don
Very well done
Old 12-04-2008, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boatfreak
Thanks Don
Very well done
Yes, Very well handled Don.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Don, thanks for all your work. As said, very well handled due to the circumstances.

Quick Reply: Salvage offer: 1050 Sterlings & #6 Drives, plus all rigging from "Pammy"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.