Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Bimini Last Week of March? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/19963-bimini-last-week-march.html)

Wild Horses 03-12-2002 11:51 AM

Bimini Last Week of March?

Is anybody planning on a run over to Bimini on the last week of March?
We have the Formula down for vacation and may take a run on or about March 28th over for a few days???? Looking for another vessel who knows their way. Let us know.

Trevor & Cathy

vagrant 03-12-2002 12:07 PM

Hey Trevor,
If you never have been there make sure you go with someone who has. The cut going into bimini
is a little tricky if you dont know your way.Also
dont forget customs and display of flags . Yellow
being havent been through customs yet and the bimini flag for courtesy
Good Luck and have a safe trip.
David

Dano 03-12-2002 12:32 PM

I'll be down 3/28-4/2 (with kids) and plan on it if the gulfstream is good. We depart Pt.Everglade takes maybe an hour. If you want you are more than welcome to go with us. Bring your gps and just lock the coord's in and then you can return when ever you want.

OffshoreOnly 03-12-2002 06:01 PM

I'm always in for a Bimini trip but don't get your hopes up. Weather is not usually calm enough to make the crossing that early in the spring. OSO

Dano 03-12-2002 08:08 PM

Yes that is very true...even if ya' make it over doesn't mean you will make it back:D :D Oh my bring on those "Gold" Bahamian brewski's...nothing else you can always make a run down to the Keys. The uncertainty, isn't that part of the excitement?

PP RACE 03-12-2002 09:34 PM

Wild Horses...

Spitfire and i would join you if you want to go to the Keys.

Also you welcome to join this week ( thursday or saturday not sur which day yet ) going a a run somewhere!

OffshoreOnly 03-12-2002 11:10 PM

PP Race and Spitfire- Why don't you come to Holiday Isle on the 23rd of March. See Calender.

BatGirl 03-13-2002 06:07 AM

I will be over in Bimini/Bahamas in get this?? A 100ft Blow Boat, blue hull, called "Aristal"
Will be sailing around for a week, pull on up and pick me up so I can get on a fast ride!
I will be making great cocktails on board.:D
Trade you some for a ride;)

Wild Horses 03-13-2002 06:42 PM

Well, the Bimini run is up in the air until mid March or the third week of March. Here is our agenda so far....
March 18th we are trailering down to Key Largo from West Palm Beach to spend a few days on the boat there diving and such. Then we head to Islamorda and are staying at Holiday Isle for the 21st - 23rd... party time! Then down to Marathon and who knows then.

Possibly Key West or back to Key Largo .. trailer up the coast and do the Bimini run??? Have to be back in Ontario by April 7th.

Cheers