Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Raffle for a 38 Cig Top Gun >

Raffle for a 38 Cig Top Gun

Notices

Raffle for a 38 Cig Top Gun

Old 12-04-2008, 07:23 AM
No Comment
VIP Member

Location: This post copyright, Packinair Inc. All rights reserved.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran the AMF raffle for the race boat.. hope you have ALOT of spare time...
Old 12-06-2008, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer35
not to be a dic, but try lowering the price... that thing looks mint, and is prolly by far the nicest/best shape 2002 top gun out there. that being said it is 7 years old and for 179k you can buy ALOT right now
Because it's WORTH it! This boat has had such extensive work done to it! It's just a damn shame it's even up for sale.

Forget about the raffle Bill. The economy will likely turn around before you sell enough tickets.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:34 AM
Registered

I think if we could get enogh people to get raffle tickets prices down low, then it would not hurt someones pocket book to bad when they loose, i would buy in at 50 to 100 bucks a ticket, but a lot of people dont have 500 or more to take a chance at this point in there lives. nice boat you have there, i have thought about selling my boat cause i just dont use it that much, add up the boat note, insurance, and storage for the year and divide that by the number of times you use the boat and you can see for some people it cost 3 to 6 grand a trip just to go out for the day
Old 12-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation

The OSO raffle of the sick guy's Bullet a couple years ago seemed to be successful.

I think in that situation there were alot of people that just wanted to help and bought extras.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Registered

It was my boat that was raffled off and I know that alot of my friends and family bought tickets and they would have had no idea as what to do with the boat just wanted to help the cause. The tickets were 100 and all be need to get to was what the bullet was worth not anywhere near what you need for the gun.
I think everything went pretty smooth though.
As far as the credit cards being charged back I heard that too and called Steve he said that it was only on the AMF raffle that that happened not the Bullet.
I am still forever thankfull for everyone that was envolved it helped make a real tough part of my life eaiser!
Todd
Old 12-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Registered

I'm pretty sure I'm in for the 500-750 range, Gonna have to hide it from the wife. Who would govern the raffle? I'd really like a Cig TG
Old 12-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

to many tickets to make that work... that boat will sell its self..just give it time.

Jeff
Old 12-07-2008, 12:56 AM
Registered
VIP Member

A perfect example of why you should never talk business at a bar. I believe their is something illegal about selling raffle tickets for personal property. I'm by no means an attorney, but it seems a little to easy to "cheat", if you know what I'm saying. Wow, my brother just won my boat. Enough said
Old 12-07-2008, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by customryder
too many tickets to make that work... that boat will sell itself..just give it time.

Jeff
Bingo!
Old 12-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Registered

This is a great idea if you like jail. A raffle is a game of chance not skill, which is gambling.

Quick Reply: Raffle for a 38 Cig Top Gun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.