Like Tree0Likes

Even Better Deals on Cruisers Than Hi-Perf Boats

Reply
Old 12-04-2008, 12:42 PM
  #11
S.O.B (single O/B) now
Platinum Member
 
t500hps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Richmond VA
Posts: 7,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalstone View Post
Is 60k cheap for a 20 year old boat with 800 hours?
Seems like it should much less.

If the boat is in good shape......yes. 800 hrs on diesels, not bad at all. That 42 ft boat is 42 ft of hull. With the swim platform and Pulpit hanging off the front that thing must measure about 46-47 ft by today's standards.....and it was a popular model back then as well.

Now, like any old hull, you have to like them....would you be happy with an old school Apache or Cigarette flat deck? Some would, some wouldn't.
t500hps is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:00 PM
  #12
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 721
Default

This boat can probably have deal made on it.

http://www.legendmarinegroup.com/pre...5R0&veh=997917
cigracing1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:31 PM
  #13
Registered
 
dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: cleveland
My Boats: boatless... with money in the bank!!
Posts: 5,798
Default

yachtauctions.com


anyone want a 06 36 pantera for 89k???
dreamer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:37 PM
  #14
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (3)
 
TomFTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Glen Cove ,NY 11542
My Boats: 37 Outerlimits,42 Searay,17 Boston Whaler
Posts: 2,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by t500hps View Post
If the boat is in good shape......yes. 800 hrs on diesels, not bad at all. That 42 ft boat is 42 ft of hull. With the swim platform and Pulpit hanging off the front that thing must measure about 46-47 ft by today's standards.....and it was a popular model back then as well.

Now, like any old hull, you have to like them....would you be happy with an old school Apache or Cigarette flat deck? Some would, some wouldn't.
That boat actually measures 49+ with the platform and pulpit.


That is a steal for that boat.. I have the same boat only mine is a 1991.
TomFTM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:37 PM
  #15
VIP Member
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
Marginmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Indianapolis, Lake Cumberland
My Boats: 38 Donzi ZRC, 29 Advantage XFlight
Posts: 3,471
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double R Performance View Post
Before anyone jumps on me for this being in the forums rather than the classifieds, two things: #1: We advertise on this site. I am having trouble with the classifieds.
#2 Someone may miss this because it is non-performance.
We took in a clean 42 Sea-Ray Sundancer 1989/1990 with 3208 Cat Diesels. 800 freshwater hours. We are selling it for $57,500. Anyone with cash can steal the boat right now. http://www.doublerperformance.com/ga...dex.php?cat=60 . Anyone want to slow down a little?
Peter 705 487 7575
What kind of condition is it in? Does it need any work done on it?
__________________
The Beak be gone
Marginmn is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:50 PM
  #16
Registered User
 
BAJA WILL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Tampa, Indian Shores Beach
My Boats: Don't even mention the word boat
Posts: 3,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
yachtauctions.com


anyone want a 06 36 pantera for 89k???
I thought I was the only one who saw that
BAJA WILL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:46 PM
  #17
S.O.B (single O/B) now
Platinum Member
 
t500hps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Richmond VA
Posts: 7,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
yachtauctions.com


anyone want a 06 36 pantera for 89k???

I saw it last week at $135K....went back and checked, it still says $135K (where is $89K coming from?)
t500hps is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:14 PM
  #18
Registered
 
dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: cleveland
My Boats: boatless... with money in the bank!!
Posts: 5,798
Default

sorry edit... 80k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dreamer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:18 PM
  #19
Registered
 
dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: cleveland
My Boats: boatless... with money in the bank!!
Posts: 5,798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by t500hps View Post
I saw it last week at $135K....went back and checked, it still says $135K (where is $89K coming from?)

the number listed is MEANINGLESS

make offer... my guy said bring a 80k check and its yours... goin to look next week... just wanted a stagger boat for my next one

all those prices go for way less... saw a 07 42 fountain stagger 525 boat go for 145!!!!!!!!!

a 06 40 baja exp cruiser was gone by the time i got there.... 30hrs... 79k!!!!!!!


today they r up to 500 boats... tons of searays!!!
dreamer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:43 PM
  #20
S.O.B (single O/B) now
Platinum Member
 
t500hps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Richmond VA
Posts: 7,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
the number listed is MEANINGLESS

make offer... my guy said bring a 80k check and its yours... goin to look next week... just wanted a stagger boat for my next one

all those prices go for way less... saw a 07 42 fountain stagger 525 boat go for 145!!!!!!!!!

a 06 40 baja exp cruiser was gone by the time i got there.... 30hrs... 79k!!!!!!!


today they r up to 500 boats... tons of searays!!!
I know those numbers are meaningless...I've bought several boats from them. I used to have a good relationship with one of the guys but it's been 4-5 years since I bought my last boat from them (I even bought one from their Cleveland location). Difference was then, I was buying 30ish foot express cruisers, using them until they sold, then buying another one.

I saw that 500 boat count today as well!!!! I remember when they hit 200 the first time and we thought that was a big deal.
t500hps is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
teaguecustommarine
New Products and Member Discounts
10
02-20-2008 04:05 PM
East Coast B
General Boating Discussion
2
02-09-2004 06:09 AM
LovlyLady426
General Boating Discussion
19
10-22-2003 11:37 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.