Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Talegators Restaurant in Sarasota and Jacksonville…….. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/199736-talegators-restaurant-sarasota-jacksonville%85%85.html)

jmeng 12-11-2008 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by dogghouse (Post 2752662)
I am living in Sarasota right now

WTF? :eek: since when?

Me and Jenn will be in Tampa Jan 4th - 9th. If you'll be around Sarasota we'll drive down and check it out. You still got the Louisiana cell number?

dogghouse 12-11-2008 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by jmeng (Post 2757171)
WTF? :eek: since when?

Me and Jenn will be in Tampa Jan 4th - 9th. If you'll be around Sarasota we'll drive down and check it out. You still got the Louisiana cell number?

Its not a short story...give me a call and I will tell you about it.

I will be in Jacksonville around that time, but we can hook up.

mattdillon 12-11-2008 04:35 PM

I heard the owner of that chain cant drink for sh*t or party worth a d@m. :ernaehrung004:

dogghouse 12-12-2008 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by mattdillon (Post 2757610)
I heard the owner of that chain cant drink for sh*t or party worth a d@m. :ernaehrung004:

I heard "or should I say I saw" you cant...........lol.:ernaehrung004:

mattdillon 12-12-2008 04:15 PM

how do you run a $180 bar bill up on $2 drink night with three people. my math is not that good but that breaks down to 30 drinks a person. plus lose my fu*kn jacket but Denny's was good

dogghouse 12-13-2008 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by mattdillon (Post 2758319)
how do you run a $180 bar bill up on $2 drink night with three people. my math is not that good but that breaks down to 30 drinks a person. plus lose my fu*kn jacket but Denny's was good

You know how we do it! That was a good night.

McGary911 08-16-2009 09:47 AM

Nate. I made it by the Jax store a few times before it closed it's doors. I loved the outside bar and the kooky swamp sounds in the bathroom. I guess it was just a tough time economy-wise to restart the business? Hope you still have the one in Sarasota.

Easy to see how that would be a tough run. within 500 feet of Tailgators, there are a lot of vacant restaurants. Not small places either. across the street used to be a place called the Chop house. Vacant. Dicks wings, left, and the site was an Italian place for a bit. They never even got permanent signing on the building before they threw in the towel. About a month ago, The Winghouse closed down. That was right next to TailGators.

Hope you're doing ok, and your other ventures are working out.

copiercat 08-16-2009 12:37 PM

Sarasota didnt make it either, tried to go there some time ago and it was bye- bye !

Dredgeking 08-16-2009 05:49 PM

Open one in Lake Charles on the water and I'll make sure the babes and the boats arrive.