Notices

Chi-Town-Hustler "Mark Smith" father passed away

Old 12-06-2008, 12:40 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Chi-Town-Hustler "Mark Smith" father passed away

Al Smith, father of Mark Smith, passed away late last night in a nursing home in Naperville Ill. Al was in his upper 80's, and started getting very ill a few weeks ago. He is survived by his son Mark and Mark's 3 brothers.

Al was a very, very highly decorated officer in our armed forces. He served in the military most of his life. He was an officer in the Special Forces branch, and was called on for some of our countries most dangerous missions overseas, over the past 50 years.

I had the opportunity to share in some of his memories. The one that forever will be etched into my mind was this one.
He was sent behind enemy lines armed with only a bayonet. The mission was to take out all the soldiers that were on guard, in a trench, and without any gunshots fired. Al fought and eliminated (17) enemy soldiers without any shots being fired, all with hand to hand combat.

He, in my eyes, is a true hero. It's people like him that put their own lives in harms way, so that people like us can enjoy our freedom, and go boating and play on our computers.

Services for Al Smith will be held on Tuesday, Dec 9th, from 3-8 pm, at Hurstens Funeral home, in Hillside Ill. Located on the S/W corner of the intersection of Roosevelt rd. and Manheim rd.

May he forever R.I.P.
www.chicagopowerboat.com

Last edited by 10x; 12-06-2008 at 12:42 PM.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

I'm sorry to hear this
My deepest condolences Mark
Old 12-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Regards,

Marc,

Sorry to hear of your fathers passing, I know you make many references to him which means he had a tremendous impact on your life and your character.

Regards,

Scott Shogren
Old 12-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry about your Dad Marc. He must have been one hell of a man!!
Old 12-06-2008, 01:34 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 10x
Al Smith, father of Mark Smith, passed away late last night in a nursing home in Naperville Ill. Al was in his upper 80's, and started getting very ill a few weeks ago. He is survived by his son Mark and Mark's 3 brothers.

Al was a very, very highly decorated officer in our armed forces. He served in the military most of his life. He was an officer in the Special Forces branch, and was called on for some of our countries most dangerous missions overseas, over the past 50 years.

I had the opportunity to share in some of his memories. The one that forever will be etched into my mind was this one.
He was sent behind enemy lines armed with only a bayonet. The mission was to take out all the soldiers that were on guard, in a trench, and without any gunshots fired. Al fought and eliminated (17) enemy soldiers without any shots being fired, all with hand to hand combat.

He, in my eyes, is a true hero. It's people like him that put their own lives in harms way, so that people like us can enjoy our freedom, and go boating and play on our computers.

Services for Al Smith will be held on Tuesday, Dec 9th, from 3-8 pm, at Hurstens Funeral home, in Hillside Ill. Located on the S/W corner of the intersection of Roosevelt rd. and Manheim rd.

May he forever R.I.P.
Our deepest sympathy goes out to Mark & his family. I'm sure he will be missed by all those who knew & loved him, but will not forgotten in their hearts & memories. He truely was an American & the story you told so eloquently reaffirmed that. Mark was blessed to have had a father like him. Our thanks to his service to our country. God Speed, Pinky & Bill
Old 12-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Mark sorry for the lose of your father. he was a true AMERICAN HERO. God Bless and rest in peace AL Smith. artie
Old 12-06-2008, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Sorry for your loss.

Your Dad sounds like he was one tough cookie.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for your loss Mark.

Roger
Old 12-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Sorry for your loss
Old 12-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry for your loss Mark

Quick Reply: Chi-Town-Hustler "Mark Smith" father passed away

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.