Eliminator w/Cummins Diesel >

Eliminator w/Cummins Diesel

Notices

Eliminator w/Cummins Diesel

Old 12-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Jeff,

One day we will meet and beers on me, I think you and I could talk for hours!!!!

I'll tell you what, you help me fund the drink company and I'll be able to buy you and I diesel boats!!! LOL

Tex - just because it's an Apache doesn't mean it worked fine!!!! if they built a diesel boat it's because the customer wanted it not because Apache thought it was right. As a tender on a mega yacht it makes sense as ou can refuel from your mains. I've talked with Bob, Mark and Jack about diesels so many years ago. I remember Jack putting his arm around me at a race once when we were still green about diesels and saying, "you don't give up do you, I think you'll make it work someday".

Joe Gere
Old 12-11-2008, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jassman
As to getting on plane..taking that few seconds to have the computor react is what bothered me.
It's not the puter. With the common rail sytems the fuel is there before you can even think it. The lag is in the air catching up to the fuel
Old 12-11-2008, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

From what I have seen as far as planning a turbo diesel in a performance application, it usally the lack of boost, big pitch props and tall gear ratios that make the boats slow to plane. the nice think about the arnesons is how easy it is to put a vent pipe on.