Liquid Technologies SL44 on KC Craigslist

Notices

Liquid Technologies SL44 on KC Craigslist

Old 12-15-2008, 06:03 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by daredevil
Looks like a suthpen ???? NICE, How much?
Right.

I don't know. He won't put a number out there on it.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

was the boat first tested with arnesson's ? if so what was results with the step .
Old 12-16-2008, 10:31 AM
OCM
Registered

The first boat had the arnessons on it. This boat has Teague drives,and Imco boxies.

Tim
oregoncustommarine.com
Old 12-16-2008, 11:17 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Is the whole boat grounded, or is each electrical connection insulated from the hull?
Old 12-16-2008, 11:32 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
Just wait till you try and fly that kite through the window with only one engine. That takes the family fun right out of it.

What I mean is that it will be a beast to dock unless there is absolutely no wind. It does look like a nice boat though.
I have 3 good friends with 30-32' single engine boats. You do have to plan your route, and I highly advise a tight ratio power steering; but they are all completely manageable. Its not as bad as you would think; especially when the boat is set up with this in mind.

The only thing the rest of us have to compare it to is a twin engine boat when one engine is down. 1/2 the time you are on the engine W/O the power steering, and you are trying to handle a BIG boat on a single drive, AND trying to swing a pair of drives through the water in quick fashion. Couple that with that drive is only going to be 1/2 as effective since it's thrust is affected by the stalled drive/prop.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:36 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I have 3 good friends with 30-32' single engine boats. You do have to plan your route, and I highly advise a tight ratio power steering; but they are all completely manageable. Its not as bad as you would think; especially when the boat is set up with this in mind.

The only thing the rest of us have to compare it to is a twin engine boat when one engine is down. 1/2 the time you are on the engine W/O the power steering, and you are trying to handle a BIG boat on a single drive, AND trying to swing a pair of drives through the water in quick fashion. Couple that with that drive is only going to be 1/2 as effective since it's thrust is affected by the stalled drive/prop.
My race boat is a single, so I have some experience with this.

If you want to see tough docking. Try getting an 11' wide cat on a trailer with one engine, no power steering, and the drives don't turn much anyway. When both engines are running, you can park the thing in a phone booth, but with one gone. It just goes in circles.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:41 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
My race boat is a single, so I have some experience with this.

If you want to see tough docking. Try getting an 11' wide cat on a trailer with one engine, no power steering, and the drives don't turn much anyway. When both engines are running, you can park the thing in a phone booth, but with one gone. It just goes in circles.
When I started driving twin engine boats, I forgot how to drive singles anyway!
Old 12-21-2008, 07:11 PM
SUPER-LITE
Platinum Member

Default Sl44

SOLD ! SOLD ! SOLD ! Thanks for all the help . Its going to the east coast . I WILL !! be back with a new and wilder boat of course out of aluminum.My son inlaw is still and will be building these boats for a long time. It was only my boat that was sold. When the economy comes back I will be back on the water ,just had to downsize during this crunch . Thank Wayne
Old 12-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rockit man
SOLD ! SOLD ! SOLD ! Thanks for all the help . Its going to the east coast . I WILL !! be back with a new and wilder boat of course out of aluminum.My son inlaw is still and will be building these boats for a long time. It was only my boat that was sold. When the economy comes back I will be back on the water ,just had to downsize during this crunch . Thank Wayne
Congrats!! You take the Sutphen in on trade??
Old 12-21-2008, 08:17 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Congrats!! You take the Sutphen in on trade??
That is what I was wondering?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.