Is this oil changer any good? >

Is this oil changer any good?

Notices

Is this oil changer any good?

Old 03-13-2002, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thunderdan-
Mine isn't a Masterlube- I don't think they can assist w/ oil changes. I have a PreLuber, which is an electric positive pressure pump(www.preluber.com). Kit comes with an electronic "brain" that is supposed to time the lubrication cycle, but I didn't use it, just hooked a toggle switch up and control it manually. Oil changes are done by disconnecting the suction line from the pan (Q-D fitting) and hitting the toggle. Pulls all the oil out of the pan into my container. Sweet.
Old 03-13-2002, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is the Kieth Eikert preluber that also has the ability to change the oil by plugging in a hose to dump the oil in a bucket. Not the cheapest, but definately the easiest .
RLT
Old 03-13-2002, 09:56 PM
Registered

I have to check if the masterlubes have that ability. That would sure be nice. I wonder if not I could have KE do something to make it easier to change the oil in my 675's. I never asked that question, because I thought that the masterlubes did that. I know it has to be easier and faster and better to drain out of the pan rather than the dipstick. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 03-13-2002, 10:25 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Masterlube will definitely not allow you to change the oil. But you could have the drain hoses put in before the motors go in and then use a Reverso change pump or the new Jabsco system. Since you are going with blower motors a change pump system would be real nice since you can change easily and regularly. The system can pump the old oil right into a container for disposal. It would only be a small addition and probably would not require a new mold
Old 03-13-2002, 10:39 PM
Registered

thunderdan
Are you having KE build your engines? If so just tell him you want his prelubers. It's like an electric fuel pump that circulates the oil through the engine, but also has a quick disconnect fitting that plugs in to the plumbing. You just plug in the fitting with whatever length of hose you need to get to the bucket and flip the switch. It's really cool to be able to change the oil this fast and easy. The only mess is changing the filter, I have Fram HP6's mounted horizontally, so there is usually a liitle drip here and there. BTW I'm a nut about having a clean bilge . Good luck.
RLT
Old 03-13-2002, 10:41 PM
Registered

Thanks for the idea's.

Medicine,
KE is building the motors, the small problem I have is that I already bought 2 brand spankin new masterlubes. to go on my efi's. I just recently decieded to upgrade to KE. I wonder if I could sell them or send them back??

Last edited by thunderdan; 03-13-2002 at 10:44 PM.
Old 03-13-2002, 10:45 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Uh Dan-

http://www.offshoreonly.com/cgi-bin/...query=category
Old 03-13-2002, 10:47 PM
Registered

I gotcha Ted, what are you saying, maybe I should post them for sale in th classified section of OSO?
Old 03-13-2002, 10:49 PM
Registered

Are they still new in the box? Maybe you could take them back . I know the KE stuff isn't inexpensive, but what a convenience . I this a new boat? If so congrats, if not congrats on the new engines .
RLT
Old 03-13-2002, 10:51 PM
Registered

Yes, they are still new and in the box. I will try and send them back. They are going into a new Active Thunder 37. Thanks

Quick Reply: Is this oil changer any good?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.