Notices

fountain stock

Old 12-11-2008, 10:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just out of curosity, how much Fountain stock is out there?? say 20% of the company 50%?? How much would one need to own to actually be able to make decisions??

Old 12-11-2008, 10:53 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let's not bash Fountain for having perceived trouble in the market. There will be a lot of people out of work if the worst case scenario is realized, which isn't a laughing matter.

Of course it's fun to give them hell about their videos, marketing techniques, and Reggies bling, but I would never laugh at them for having to make changes they likely don't want to make to keep going.

They also have a very small amount of shares in their float, as well as low trading volume on average anyway, so their price can swing a lot either way with an average buy. Thinking aloud, they may even take a look into buying back the outstanding shares and taking the company back to private if it makes sense in the long term. I hope they get it figured out.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:01 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 767 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
Just out of curosity, how much Fountain stock is out there?? say 20% of the company 50%?? How much would one need to own to actually be able to make decisions??

In a Public Corporation such as Foutain, the ability to make decisions would (in a roundabout way) come from owning enough stock to influence Board of Director appointments and ultimately Officer choices, as well as other shareholder voting related decisions made on behalf of the corporation. Owning shares, even a signficant portion, wouldn't allow you to make management decisions unless you bought enough to delist it and take it private.

It might be delisted anyways, unless it has come into compliance, which might be exactly what Reggie wants.....
Old 12-11-2008, 11:58 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by bmanafort
sirius/xm stock was .15 last time I looked.
Thanks for reminding me!
Old 12-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

WOULD it help them if we all bought 500 shares of stock say a thousand of us. and make the stock go up a little. Like Blee said it would suck if they go under and Baja to. I hope both Companies make because of the workers its sad what happened in Ohio.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dave M
Thanks for reminding me!
I take it the merger went through, I have sirius as a radio but have not listen to it much in the last 2mons, I missed howys wedding too
Old 12-11-2008, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

stop spending money on 10 pages of ads, paying for reggie tv shows, producing cat killer crap, renting helicopters and planes for the afore mentioned crap, and racing boats, kilo runs, fishboat turneys and maybe they could've had more cash to weather the storm and not have to lay so many off....
Old 12-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Registered

the market is messed up right now. there were trillions taken out by investors. this is leaving all company's cash strapped. if the media would pull there head out of there arse and turn the negative into possitive the cash would start flowing into the market and we couold get back on track. the media has everyone scared crappless. its a horrible circle.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
I take it the merger went through, I have sirius as a radio but have not listen to it much in the last 2mons, I missed howys wedding too
Merger goes through, stock tanks.

So much for that boat upgrade.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 883 Likes on 479 Posts

Check out Fleetwood's stock- FLE (they make pop-up campers all the way up to 800K diesel pusher coaches). Stock was a $9-10 stock for years expected to run higher as more baby boomers retire and hit the road. 52 week high is $6.50, closed today at $.07, yeah 7 cents.

Recreational money/spending is LONG GONE.........

Quick Reply: fountain stock

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.