Trick Powerboats 26 Voodoo >

Trick Powerboats 26 Voodoo

Notices

Trick Powerboats 26 Voodoo

Old 12-11-2008, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Trick Powerboats 26 Voodoo

I had the opportunity to stop in and see Jeff Haag at Trick Powerboats last week and they were working on the plug for their new cat, the 26 Voodoo. I took the opportunity to take a few "spy" photos and Jeff didn't seem to mind. You can tell that there has been a lot of time and planning making this boat what it is today. The two aft bucket seats sit in a recessed area that was contoured to the exact shape of the seat. The two aft buckets are slightly elevated above the two front buckets giving it what they called stadium seating which allows the rear passengers to see just as well as the driver and passenger... I"ve always hated sitting in the back seat of a cat and not being able to see. Jeff told me that they will be building this primarily as an outboard version with twins. With twin Mercury 300XS's they are shooting for 107-110 mph which makes sence.
Attached Thumbnails Trick Powerboats 26 Voodoo-36.jpg   Trick Powerboats 26 Voodoo-34.jpg   Trick Powerboats 26 Voodoo-39.jpg  

Last edited by ospreyproduction; 12-11-2008 at 09:02 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Deck looks familiar.
Attached Thumbnails Trick Powerboats 26 Voodoo-dsc00003.jpg  
Old 12-12-2008, 08:14 AM
Registered

The 2 piece design is very interesting. There is no seperate piece for the inner liner, it's all one piece with the deck mold which increases the overall strength of the boat. The 2 piece design is the hull and deck with the cockpit being part of the deck mold. There will be a separate piece for the dash, throttle/shift controls, forward foot rests and the rear storage hatch. He showed me where all the "cutouts" would be in the cockpit for storage and foots rests and how they would be used for access when glassing the hull and deck together. It's very well thought out and designed. I was impressed.
Attached Thumbnails Trick Powerboats 26 Voodoo-28.jpg   Trick Powerboats 26 Voodoo-33.jpg   Trick Powerboats 26 Voodoo-29.jpg  

Old 12-12-2008, 09:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice looking, are they glassing the hull and deck, through bolting??
Old 12-12-2008, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just what the world needs....another boat builder
Old 12-12-2008, 11:02 AM
RBT
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

You mean another Talon 25
Old 12-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by RBT
You mean another Talon 25
oHH...I was gonna say it looked a little like a Talon 25 but I didn't want to stir the pot! Even so, I've always thought the T-25 was one of the best boats ever built!
Old 12-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,068 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveP
Just what the world needs....another boat builder
Trick has been arouind for a few years now
Old 12-12-2008, 09:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JUPITER PULSARE
oHH...I was gonna say it looked a little like a Talon 25 but I didn't want to stir the pot! Even so, I've always thought the T-25 was one of the best boats ever built!
I agree. Now you'll see the Talon design brought up to date with the help of Trick Powerboats. Gary Armington built one hell of a boat, and it has been copied by many, however no company has made changes or updates like Trick Powerboats. I don't think that there is a single person at Trick that doesn't respect or appreciate the work and contributions that Armington made to the building and design side of the Talon 25. That being said, it was in desperate need of an update and the guys at Trick have definitely taken this rig to the next level. It really is very impressive. Check them out at www.trickpowerboats.com
Old 12-12-2008, 09:08 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,068 Likes on 282 Posts

Hustler has done a real nice job with the Talons, I think they bought the mold? They wont build an Ob one though

Quick Reply: Trick Powerboats 26 Voodoo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.