Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Trick Powerboats 26 Voodoo (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/200101-trick-powerboats-26-voodoo.html)

ospreyproduction 12-11-2008 08:51 PM

Trick Powerboats 26 Voodoo

3 Attachment(s)
I had the opportunity to stop in and see Jeff Haag at Trick Powerboats last week and they were working on the plug for their new cat, the 26 Voodoo. I took the opportunity to take a few "spy" photos and Jeff didn't seem to mind. You can tell that there has been a lot of time and planning making this boat what it is today. The two aft bucket seats sit in a recessed area that was contoured to the exact shape of the seat. The two aft buckets are slightly elevated above the two front buckets giving it what they called stadium seating which allows the rear passengers to see just as well as the driver and passenger... I"ve always hated sitting in the back seat of a cat and not being able to see. Jeff told me that they will be building this primarily as an outboard version with twins. With twin Mercury 300XS's they are shooting for 107-110 mph which makes sence.

DrewDown 12-11-2008 10:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Deck looks familiar.

ospreyproduction 12-12-2008 08:14 AM

3 Attachment(s)
The 2 piece design is very interesting. There is no seperate piece for the inner liner, it's all one piece with the deck mold which increases the overall strength of the boat. The 2 piece design is the hull and deck with the cockpit being part of the deck mold. There will be a separate piece for the dash, throttle/shift controls, forward foot rests and the rear storage hatch. He showed me where all the "cutouts" would be in the cockpit for storage and foots rests and how they would be used for access when glassing the hull and deck together. It's very well thought out and designed. I was impressed.

BAJA WILL 12-12-2008 09:22 AM

Nice looking, are they glassing the hull and deck, through bolting?? :drink:

DaveP 12-12-2008 10:16 AM

Just what the world needs....another boat builder

RBT 12-12-2008 11:02 AM

You mean another Talon 25:food-smiley-007::food-smiley-007:

JUPITER PULSARE 12-12-2008 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by RBT (Post 2758074)
You mean another Talon 25:food-smiley-007::food-smiley-007:

oHH...I was gonna say it looked a little like a Talon 25 but I didn't want to stir the pot! Even so, I've always thought the T-25 was one of the best boats ever built!

TeamSaris 12-12-2008 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by DaveP (Post 2758041)
Just what the world needs....another boat builder

Trick has been arouind for a few years now

ospreyproduction 12-12-2008 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by JUPITER PULSARE (Post 2758296)
oHH...I was gonna say it looked a little like a Talon 25 but I didn't want to stir the pot! Even so, I've always thought the T-25 was one of the best boats ever built!

I agree. Now you'll see the Talon design brought up to date with the help of Trick Powerboats. Gary Armington built one hell of a boat, and it has been copied by many, however no company has made changes or updates like Trick Powerboats. I don't think that there is a single person at Trick that doesn't respect or appreciate the work and contributions that Armington made to the building and design side of the Talon 25. That being said, it was in desperate need of an update and the guys at Trick have definitely taken this rig to the next level. It really is very impressive. Check them out at www.trickpowerboats.com

TeamSaris 12-12-2008 09:08 PM

Hustler has done a real nice job with the Talons, I think they bought the mold? They wont build an Ob one though

orthos1 12-14-2008 08:47 PM

Jeff is very serious about improving and updating this design. Talon did have outboard versions, I am sure all of you know this but they did not have 300 ++ hp stock outboards in their time frame. Merc 300xs may take the outboard hull to new levels of speed with the right set up. The new liner and construction techniques will make the boat much stronger without a doubt. New reinforcement of the transom will help to deal with the next breed of outboards.
We shall see. This is not a carbon copy of a talon, it it a redesign of a great hull and boat.

jmho

Steve 1 12-14-2008 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by fast fun 2 (Post 2758470)
Hustler has done a real nice job with the Talons, I think they bought the mold? They wont build an Ob one though

I wonder why ? I see no problem with a 40' Outboard cat.

Anarchy Powerboats 12-15-2008 11:59 AM

Magic made a Voodoo as well.

crowntow 12-15-2008 05:37 PM

Are those built in ky? if so I think they are about 5 miles from me.I have seen them being towed on the road.They do look good.

G-Spot 12-15-2008 06:43 PM

I Believe they are built in Nicholasville Ky by the old drag strip

TWOTIMETUNA 01-17-2010 11:05 AM

sorry to say but www.trickpowerboat.com is no longer working. Anyone know if they went out of business?