Hot Boat Magazine For Sale? >

Hot Boat Magazine For Sale?

Notices

Hot Boat Magazine For Sale?

Old 12-16-2008, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL

Oddly, craigs list is one of the main reasons ADD sales are down, people are using free classifieds, rather than pay for them.

WILL

So a company that has made its livelihood by selling advertising in print is now advertising itself for sale online in the free classifieds? Must be trying to avoid the commission they would have to pay an agent? I suspect their market too has become diluted with competition. Not only are sellers going online to advertise, readers are not buying the magazines either, because you can read all the stories, etc. online. Looks like a lose lose proposition.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:02 PM
Registered

nothing to do with hotboat but these newspapers make their money on advertising but their rates for ads are rediciously priced especially for a business related classified, I mean come on $250.00 for a 3 line 5 day ad for employment ! freakin geniouses, no wonder craigs list is KILLIN em. You would think they would see whats happening to their bread and butter and make adjustments but they just stick their head in the sand further and now I hear talk of Bailout !!
Old 12-17-2008, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink

There are no current LEADERS in the marine high performance industry. Just a bunch of firms trying to hang on and ride out these bleak times! Lets hope in a year or so there is even an INDUSTRY ? left!!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 01-29-2009, 03:06 AM
Registered

I guess I gotta get out more often. My girlfriend bought me a subscription to Hot Boat for my birthday in October. Finally sent her an invoice in early December with a November due date. Never did receive a copy. What a bunch of crap.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:14 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$5.99 for a copy is also a bit high. Personally, I would enjoy a boating mag that actually prints more than just fluff. Also do tests on used boats since that is a huge part of the market
Old 01-29-2009, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I found this ad on craigslist...Now that Hot Boat has folded how much are the magazines worth?
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/clo/1010125959.html
Old 01-29-2009, 01:09 PM
Registered

LOL

Pasted:
Collectors Item Hot Boat t-shirts - $1000 (Sacramento)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2009-01-27, 1:44PM PST

Hot Boat t-shirts are considered by some boaters as the rarest and hardest to find boating t-shirts on the planet! Although originally they were promised to everyone who signed up for a Hot Boat subscription, only a select few were actually ever given out. I have 3 of them. These are one of the very few left in existence after the hot boat massacre of December 18th 2007 where most were either burned or deficated on by angry forum members. With Hot Boat magazine now out of business these will only go up in value! $1000 for one or $2500 for all three.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:58 PM
Registered

They are saying here that the Regular Mail may start only being delivered 5 days a week to help save money!!

Time are tough.. Some hear about it but don't directly see it everyday...

That magazine may not be worth muchto many of us but if you were working there then it was worth alot to you.. I wonder how many lost there jobs there too..
Old 01-29-2009, 08:34 PM
Registered

How are some of the car related magazines making out are they suffering to. Is it actually a sign of the times or mismanagement, Like another post said the people running the show just werent able to or willing to make adjustments to their product in order to keep their head above water. Hechingers out Home Depot in Home Depot out???Lowes in????? Circuit City and Tweeter out BestBuy in . Not trying to bust chops here just some thoughts.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:28 PM
Registered

that has to be a joke.

Quick Reply: Hot Boat Magazine For Sale?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.