Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Arkansas Role Call!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/200241-arkansas-role-call.html)

Dock Holiday 12-16-2008 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Sea-Dated (Post 2760123)
Don't all you Arkansas folk get together every year at the family reunion/Speed dating event? :evilb::party-smiley-004:

Oh yeah that is fun and afterwards we head up to Toad Suck Ferry for the frog licking contest.:evilb:

Keytime 12-16-2008 01:16 PM

Donnie from Leverage is on Lake Ouachita, I believe.

Sportbike trips through AR are the sh*t. :evilb: Some great lakes, too. Gotta love the Beaver! :drink:

Mac 12-16-2008 03:05 PM

Our oldest daughter graduated in May from UA, she still lives in Fayeteviile, starts her real job in Jan. in Rogers. until she decided on UA, I had spent very little time in Arkanas, now 4 years latter I cant say enough good about the state, very friendly people as a whole, One of the few places I could move to and like!

Dock Holiday 12-16-2008 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rare Breed (Post 2760367)
Our oldest daughter graduated in May from UA, she still lives in Fayeteviile, starts her real job in Jan. in Rogers. until she decided on UA, I had spent very little time in Arkanas, now 4 years latter I cant say enough good about the state, very friendly people as a whole, One of the few places I could move to and like!

My daughter graduated from U of A in Fayetteville in May of 2007. She started out at Arkansas State in Jonesboro on a full scholorship but switched over so I could start paying!

I was lucky to be able to get US Air super saver flights about twice a year for $99 bucks into the big airport direct from Charlotte. It looks like you are flying into a big cow farm when you are landing. Oh hey it is a big cow farm!

Quinlan 12-16-2008 04:23 PM

Dont forget Bever lake. One of the nicest in this part of the world.

aquatictherapy 12-16-2008 05:47 PM

I live in Illinois, but own a lake house on Lake Norfork in Gamaliel (Near Mountain Home). Great area, but becoming the retirement area for the Chicagoans.

buck183 12-16-2008 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by NickOTeen (Post 2760181)
Pretty high expectations for this thread.

After four years in the state I guess I qualify. Walmart, AR

Oh yeah! Forgot about our famous "third member" Nick. :grinser010:

Buck

FASTTIMES 12-16-2008 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by oklaoutlaw (Post 2760417)
Dont forget Bever lake. One of the nicest in this part of the world.

Amen to that,, I always look forward to the Beaver trips, Its like another country!

[email protected] 12-17-2008 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by BDARCHER (Post 2760140)
What lake do you fellows boat. Im going over to see friends in Hot Springs. Going to bring boat. Im in west Tn Thanks Bobby

We mostly run Lake Ouachita, but sometimes we run Lake Hamilton. We are locals in Hot Springs and run these lakes the most. I started a forum for us Arkansas people that share the same passion as I do. Check it out...here's the web address www.hspowerboats.com For beer drinking and hanging out, Lake Hamilton is the one to run on, but alot of people are on that lake, not a lot of room to run your boat. Lake Ouachita is the cleanest lake, thats where we normally run. Plenty of room to run your boat, not many drunken idiots out there....not saying that they are anywhere else...hehehe. Donnie with Marine Clean is going to put on a Poker Run in 2009 at Lake Ouachita. Hope to see you there!

P.S. The Arkansas jokes are funny....keep them coming!!! There's nothing wrong with envy

Keytime 12-17-2008 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 2760865)
We mostly run Lake Ouachita, but sometimes we run Lake Hamilton. We are locals in Hot Springs and run these lakes the most. I started a forum for us Arkansas people that share the same passion as I do. Check it out...here's the web address www.hspowerboats.com For beer drinking and hanging out, Lake Hamilton is the one to run on, but alot of people are on that lake, not a lot of room to run your boat. Lake Ouachita is the cleanest lake, thats where we normally run. Plenty of room to run your boat, not many drunken idiots out there....not saying that they are anywhere else...hehehe. Donnie with Marine Clean is going to put on a Poker Run in 2009 at Lake Ouachita. Hope to see you there!

P.S. The Arkansas jokes are funny....keep them coming!!! There's nothing wrong with envy

Are they still running the duck on Lake Hamilton after that accident years ago?

That's a neat area. I race just south of there near Bismarck. We've stopped at that restaurant on the water at Hwy 7 before. Cool deck overlooking the water.

Is there any info online about the poker run?