Notices

sunseeker xs2000

Old 01-02-2009, 02:50 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Mickey , the wrc rally cars have an injector mounted in the exhaust manifold before the turbo,the ECM controls the whole thing ,and when down or upshifting the injector injects fuel into the hot exhaust manifold and with a set flappers mounted in exhaust the hight velocity stream flows around to keep the turbocharger running at almost max speed ,end when clutch engaged the flappers openeded up and the injector stops spraying,and full boost is presend to load the engine with air.
when I saw that first I was stunned ...ingenius isn,t it ?
Old 01-02-2009, 04:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN
Over here Iīve never seen one...and I can see why.
Bård Eker (the biggest owner in Koenigsegg/Hydrolift and Spritit of Norway) had an XS2000 back in -06. I saw it personally at Poker Run Aaland and in the archipelago of Stockholm.

But the last two summer I cant remember seeing any XS2000 up here.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stirling
Mickey , the wrc rally cars have an injector mounted in the exhaust manifold before the turbo,the ECM controls the whole thing ,and when down or upshifting the injector injects fuel into the hot exhaust manifold and with a set flappers mounted in exhaust the hight velocity stream flows around to keep the turbocharger running at almost max speed ,end when clutch engaged the flappers openeded up and the injector stops spraying,and full boost is presend to load the engine with air.
when I saw that first I was stunned ...ingenius isn,t it ?
And youīre telling ME this ?

Well in the old days the idle injector was used ( illegally) to get the turbo to spool up immidately when you hit the brakes for example...and then thereīs the Toyotas bypass story...
Do you want to know more about unfair advantages ?
I could tell you stories about Porsche 917K/10Turbos also...
And have a mapfull of reciepts and calcutations from Porsche to prove them between 1969-1973.
Or do you wanīt to know something about the Mitsubishis program (Ralliart)...some key players are from my hometown and have been also involved in the same programs my current race team is.
They all had their first success with Audis WRC program. mostly.
When the factory was done racing with the UrQuattros some guys started preparing S2...and yes I know in which drawer their original homologation papers are and who made them.
We still have one unfinished chassis left.
Finland is a Small country but when it comes to motorsport we are second to none and we intend to keep it that way.

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 01-02-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Registered

Mickey ,Eeh I,m sorry for underestimate you in knowledge.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by scotty uk
td,when the braces are done its engines in,for those who are confused theres a bet if its not in the water by 7th feb when theres a small local race then i have to pay for a meal at an idian restaurant
Scott
Remember to take your time a do the job correctly, dont want you rushing for the 7th Feb, been looking forward to a good Indian meal anyway when your picking up the tab

If we were talking about Pash we would have to add in which year!!

Good luck you know you'll make nae bother.
gaZ

Last edited by Scottish gazza; 01-02-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Registered

Default xs

hello gaz,welcome.might need your help making bit of an exaust mod yet
Old 01-04-2009, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stirling
Mickey ,Eeh I,m sorry for underestimate you in knowledge.

Iīd kept it all hidden so you just didnīt know or think of it.
But that Rallying is second to Icehockey among males in Finland shouldnīt surprise you ?
Althought Iīm inclined to Tarmac or Offshore Racing.

In THIS vid at 2.40 thereīs proof in some of our teams Heritage ... now I think we all know the purpose of the backfire in the pic, thats a 936hp backfire out of 2.2 liters (FYI).

Like they say, a pic tells more than 1000 words...look at the number on the Door...we have currently a Viper with the same number and many inbetween.

And The Porsches..they had 1560hp already 1972 from 300 c.i....

but letīs get back to the issue.
IMO if you canīt boost a diesel at least 3.0 bar it ainīt worth bothering.

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 01-04-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:35 PM
Registered

Yeah Mickey ,what can I say ,every country has its own things their good in ,Your Finns are good in Rally ,thats for sure ,no doubt ,We Dutch are good in Iceskating,as we regulary hold the times ,like football we are good too,some of our players are famous all over the world,as for the 2,2 L 5 cil audi engine 2144cc -936 hp ,ok the amount of hosepower is very high ,but what fuel are they using ?I mean at 936 hp ,the audi must at least have 2,8-3,0 bar boost press to make that number ,I guess you mentioned the 10 valve engine right ?
The 300 ci porsche you mentioned was a 12 cilinder flat twin turbo ,and was basically two 6 cil boxers together,and rated at 1100 HP ,not knowing when you use racefuel and raise boost what numbers come out ,but its probably high.
Heck ,like in early 80,s FI engines run 1500 hp at 1200 cc or 70 ci.
I run 51 psi boost on my ISB engine ,or 3,4 bar,and still going strong
As for the Viper ,what horsepower did it make ? forced induction ? tell me more about the Viper please

Last edited by stirling; 01-04-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:18 PM
Registered

Looking more sexy now

And Scott become a Platinum Member, gold is just not your colour
Attached Thumbnails sunseeker xs2000-wpbb5f450e_0f.jpg  

Last edited by Martin W; 01-07-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scottish gazza
Scott, if we were talking about Pash we would have to add in which year!!

Good luck you know you'll make nae bother.
gaZ

oh hum............ 7th Feb is One day before my birthday

Quick Reply: sunseeker xs2000

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.