New dash for a Formula 382

Notices

New dash for a Formula 382

Old 12-21-2008, 07:02 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

Russ,
I'm curious as to why you don't align each gauge under each motors respective tach. that's the way they are on my tiger, each gauge for port or starboard align under the tack.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
I agree on the pressure guages.....but move the water presure up too. Pressure goes first....then the temp goes up.
Great point. Add to that, when the pressure drops, chances are that you will not be looking at the guage. Try adding some warning lights to the pressure guages. Both water and oil. You will see the big red warning light and/or audilble buzzer.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:22 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

The panels showed up Friday....worked on it Friday night, by mid day sat had all the switches and gauges in the panels and installed in the boat. On one of them Steve at Innotech was unsure how it would work. He called me an hour after Fedex should have shown up (they were late) to discuss this panel. Well, that one didn't work like I wanted and he's making a new one to be ready to ship Monday.....how's that for service!!!

I have been taking pics but they are still in the camera . I'll post some of the progress shots but I'm waiting til the ash is finished to post a complete dash shot....this looks AWESOME!!!!!!
Old 12-21-2008, 11:24 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Russ,
I'm curious as to why you don't align each gauge under each motors respective tach. that's the way they are on my tiger, each gauge for port or starboard align under the tack.
I almost did that but figured if the gauges are in pairs I just need to glance and make sure each set are pointing in the same direction......it wouldn't be that hard to switch them now that I'm VERY familiar with what ever wire goes to.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:25 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ROTAX454
Great point. Add to that, when the pressure drops, chances are that you will not be looking at the guage. Try adding some warning lights to the pressure guages. Both water and oil. You will see the big red warning light and/or audilble buzzer.
My gauges already have warning lights in them AND are tied into an audible alarm if pressure drops of temps rise...lost an oil pick-up tube a couple years ago and those alarms saved an engine!!!!
Old 12-21-2008, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can buy the Formula Carbon Fiber panels from the manufacturer
Old 12-21-2008, 03:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by t500hps
I almost did that but figured if the gauges are in pairs I just need to glance and make sure each set are pointing in the same direction......it wouldn't be that hard to switch them now that I'm VERY familiar with what ever wire goes to.
I was wondering why you didn't separate them for each motor also but I like pairing them up by function after hearing your reasoning behind it.
Since your so familar with gauge wiring now you can come help out on that project you saw in my garage
Old 12-21-2008, 04:23 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Back4More
You can buy the Formula Carbon Fiber panels from the manufacturer

I did.....Innotech makes them for Formula. They put me in touch with there supplier instead of playing middle-man.......he was working on one for Skater when I talked to him late last week too.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait to see it.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:24 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK
I was wondering why you didn't separate them for each motor also but I like pairing them up by function after hearing your reasoning behind it.
Since your so familar with gauge wiring now you can come help out on that project you saw in my garage
But that just has one engine.....I won't know what to do with that few wires!!!

Quick Reply: New dash for a Formula 382

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.