Not something you see boating

Notices

Not something you see boating

Old 10-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not something you see boating

caught 1.5 miles offshore.
Attached Thumbnails Not something you see boating-deer2.jpg   Not something you see boating-deer1.jpg   Not something you see boating-deer3.jpg  

Old 10-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
caught 1.5 miles offshore.
Holy Crap!!!
Is that you??
Guess Bambi wanted to go for a swim. She had to be exhausted when you found her.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

coollllll
Old 10-01-2007, 05:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Holy Crap!!!
Is that you??
Guess Bambi wanted to go for a swim. She had to be exhausted when you found her.
bouy tha'ts a buck ..
Old 10-01-2007, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Holy Crap!!!
Is that you??
He probobly just didn't want to get shot! You got to tell us the whole story man

I wonder if its blind or something. Maybe he drank too much saltwater and went crazy.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Registered

Holy Crap!!!
Is that you??
No not me,and its a buck.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You're right. I didn't open the pic's, and it was kinda hard to see in the ones that showed just in the thread.

See, one of the many reasons I'd make a lousy hunter.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Registered

WOW! What's the whole story on this buck? What water were you on? Pain in the ass to get into the boat?
Old 10-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MacGyver
WOW! What's the whole story on this buck? What water were you on? Pain in the ass to get into the boat?
Friend sent me the pics. I believe the are in the gulf just south of pecan island which is south of Lafayette
Old 10-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Copy and paste from another site:

Last Saturday morning, my buddy Bo Warren and I were trolling for stripers in the Chesapeake Bay. We were 11-1/2 miles offshore in about 80 feet of water contemplating why the fish weren't biting. We looked back to check our gear and saw something odd in the water Was it a seal? Can't be, we don't have seals around here. On closer look, it turned out to be a buck deer that was WAY off course. He was desperate and barely staying afloat.

I've seen deer swim a river or bayou before. When you see that, the first thing you notice is that they are powerful swimmers. Their head and shoulders are out of the water and they make surprisingly good headway. This critter was just keeping his nose up and looked like he'd been swimming all night long. In fact, he was so warn out that he swam toward the boat probably thinking it looked enough like land to him. When he got closer though, he wasn't sure what to make of the two dudes on board, and backed off.

So, since the fish weren't biting, we thought we'd give this buck a hand. Turns out Bo grew up around cows and was really handy with a bowline. He lassoed the deer on the first try! Bo grabbed his neck, I grabbed the flank, and we barreled over backwards into the boat. Before I knew it, Bo was on top of him and had him tied up just like a calf.

We hit the throttle and shuttled him to the closest beach - Kent Point. I beached the boat and we carefully unloaded the deer onto the sand. The whole time we kept thinking he was going to kick the snot out of us. He never did though; he was totally spent. We untied him and jumped back. Too weak to stand, he just sat there quivering. We even picked him up again and put his feet underneath him, but he still couldn't walk. Don't know if he made it or not, but I think his chances were vastly improved. Hopefully he recovered after time. When you're out & about, ya just never know...

Quick Reply: Not something you see boating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.