Where is the Cigarette Market at ??

Notices

Where is the Cigarette Market at ??

Old 12-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamer
houses worth 30-40% less... stocks and bonds off 50%...

BUT WAIT frivilous, gas guzzling powerboats run by single and/or mid life crisis males... that market is doing well......

they have to be off too...

wake up and smell the recession....

even for those who want... cant get loans... there r very few buyers right now

Teddy, Thank God I live in Texas and own an AT!

In all seriousness…You have to be an ill-liquid SOB or have too much money to count to even consider selling your boat in this market. The lack of banks willing to be in recreational lending and a lack of a competitive insurance market makes it a hold! If you can’t afford to services your debt on your boat then you probably shouldn't be in it in the first place. Sorry to be the a-hole here but that is why this country is so f'd-up right now.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The problem is that it's not what it's worth it's how much the bank needs for it or how much the owner needs to get out of it. Then the others are forced to lower your price or keep it.

The only other thing you could do is buy every boat like yours and keep them till the market comes back, good luck with that.

But after Obama spreads the wealth we will all be fine.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is why I say "never borrow money for toys ".
Old 12-23-2008, 02:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bagger
True to a point but if that was the way it was there wouldn't be any boat builders.

I do more of don't borrow for a toy you cant write off on your taxes. and even rich people borrow for 500k and higher toys, they make more with the cash than they loose on the toy, if they do it right.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bagger
Lots of people wouldn't agree with this, and I'll be the first to do so.

I agree that people shouldn't borrow money beyond what they can afford in order to buy toys, but I'll tell you this - I am not going to spend cash on a boat (not that I could), when my equity line is at 3.75%, and 1/3rd of that is tax deductible.

But in the end it is everyones choice. Some don't feel comfortable being leveraged, and some do. In my case - I evidently love it.......
Old 12-23-2008, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mange
Casablanca Maroc, yes. Much big going on there as we speak.

One of my best friends lives in Barcelona (Spain). August this year he toke his
61ft flybridge to Ibiza for some days off. He visit the powerboat dealer on that little
islands in the mediterranean. They had sold 17 new cigs so far this year.
My friend just looked at one 39TG and a 50 just tok delivery down the marina.
Prob this could be the dealer:
http://www.offshoreperformanceibiza....32/63/lang,en/
Come to think of it, From Maroc theres not that far to Gibraltar or costa del sol or Madeira ( less than 30 miles).And Maroc is a US backed Muslim country so they do favoour at least to some degree Made IN USA stuff And I could think Cigarettes are to their likins after watching their street scene with the cars they chose to run around, VERY UPSCALE.
Although I asked locals at Rabat the last time I visited there where´s all your Marinas,, the answerI got was a big one is being built in Casablanca ( it should be ready by now) but muslims in general somewhow feqar the sea.. i asked why and thought there coulöd be aq business there teaching them powerboating and sailing....
But fisrt I have to learn French at least as there´s no chance of getting understand in English.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
Not that in any way I say a Sonic is a Top Gun but there is a nice 358 at the National repo yard for 65k and some other nice Sport boats out there for great prices. The banks in any other time would be putting the prices at blue book but now they just want whats owed on the loan and after a while anything they can get,they need the room for more. Peolpe are broke and need out you also see some out there that are way above what they are worth due to them being way upside down. The deals will be made on repo boats if you got the cash or credit you will be able save 75% over what it would have cost 2 years ago.
Same happens over here..
I did 10 yrs ago Repos and chapter 11 overseeings here and it started again this fall.
Last Friday two trucks got sold for less then 50% of the market value..or the market is 50
% down currently.
Actually I´m Happy some rotten tomatoes will be off competing as it levels the field a bit.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DaveP
MikeyFIN just has really bad Kulli breath who has never seen a Pillu up close

He likes to chase kikkelies

So just run along up there in the polar circle and runkata off
Nice try but I´m the Father of two stunning
blondes named Julia Carol Shelby and Emilia Lisa Patricia.
Also Im not homofobic or politically challenged as some..

If you want a succesful night club ( and those do make loaqds of money ) for example hire Gay( ?) good looking and muscular Males.
Why, well the Girls all want to try to score or just be around them as they won´t harrass a woman even if they would be out by themselves alone in a powerboat.
Plus the male customers will follow the girl customers...usually.

But I won´t squel like a pig or bend over.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Still show me where you can get a nice Gun with 525's for 125K?? The owners arnt willing to sell them for that low. I thought you were a Cigarette guy?? You saying everything isnt worth anything or trying to low ball offer everyone isnt helping. Those 07's arnt new.
Not even the Banks will let them go for that low a price publicly, all the other rotten ones probably but not the Brand that is the most recognized.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
True to a point but if that was the way it was there wouldn't be any boat builders.

I do more of don't borrow for a toy you cant write off on your taxes. and even rich people borrow for 500k and higher toys, they make more with the cash than they loose on the toy, if they do it right.

Yes and no...
If you credit it personallly no tax witdraws but if you buffer it thru a company then maybe yes even in the states right?

Want to know how some racetoys have so much stickers on them and some don´t ?
Not necessarily sponsors but "sponsors"... If you know what I Imply you must be a racer...

Quick Reply: Where is the Cigarette Market at ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.