Where is the Cigarette Market at ??

Old 12-21-2008, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never knew Finland was such a GLOBAL SUPERPOWER
Old 12-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Registered

Larry Smith has to sell his boat molds everywhere because you cant live on selling 1 boat every 3 years here. The 80's are over. Americans want Fountain, Outerlimits, Nortech, Cigarette, Not larry Smith, I looked at one of his Scarabs that was for sale it was a great boat but I couldn't find another one to compare it to.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
I am 38 and a Motorcycle tech / shop Foreman with a GED, I make 125k a year.I don't think I could retire on what I have saved, unless I am only going to live to 40. I never asked the Gov. or anybody for help and never will. I am self made never had any money given to me unless you count a the 60k I got when my parents died. My wife and I are good with money we have a house on the water thats worth twice what we owe and have had/have nice boats and other stuff. I know how to make money my fear is not being able to do it in this country.
Iīm 41 and over here we do not earn even half as that with the same professions.
Thenagain we donīt have to insure ourselves for healtcare or retirement funds if we donīt want to.
Fact is Americans have accustomed to a life standard they canīt keep up and now they are taking the setback/ adjustment.
Also American families use gasoline 3times more then the European counterpart so something is wrong there ?
I know how to work hard but making money, not really IMO because Iīwrench racecars for those that have.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DaveP
I never knew Finland was such a GLOBAL SUPERPOWER
I donīt take it as a big surprise that you would...
US ainīt got the brightest childs on the globe...

Nope but a key player where it counts.
Or whatīs the Biggest ships USA has made ?

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 12-21-2008 at 02:53 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

New inventory of all brands is piling up........
Repos of all brands is piling up.........
Lenders are leaving the industry..........
Economy has slowed so that no one is making huge cash.......
Car dealers are folding left and right trying to sell a product seen by many Americans as a necessity....................

Think the free flow of cash, parties, real estate Mcmillionaires is all over for the rest of this decade and maybe into the next.
Think 1970's America.

Keep in mind Cigarette (the brand with worldwide adoration) has gone broke many times over its existence through the 5-6 owners it has had over the years........
Old 12-21-2008, 02:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
Larry Smith has to sell his boat molds everywhere because you cant live on selling 1 boat every 3 years here. The 80's are over. Americans want Fountain, Outerlimits, Nortech, Cigarette, Not larry Smith, I looked at one of his Scarabs that was for sale it was a great boat but I couldn't find another one to compare it to.
Why donīt compare it to others then?
Old 12-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Registered

So could you retire right now and not change your lifestyle and just live off the intrest of the money you have and investments without going to a job ?

Yes the cost of living is very high here, puplic trans. sucks they don't even have any where I live and I could not live in a city. My standard of living is not that bad aside from boats and I sold most of my toys that I don't use, I don't eat out, I pack a lunch 75% of the time, I live 16 miles from work, my truck gets 20+ mpg my bike 45.

But when you make a plan then your wife takes a huge hit in pay and the economy face plants it hurts and I have dug into savings big time, I have 2 kids that want/need to get some kind of education after high school so thats going to cost me.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
New inventory of all brands is piling up........
Repos of all brands is piling up.........
Lenders are leaving the industry..........
Economy has slowed so that no one is making huge cash.......
Car dealers are folding left and right trying to sell a product seen by many Americans as a necessity....................
Where are the true repo lists not some outrage prices for cabing in midwest for 150+K ? for example and the cash will flow to US.
Believe me. Iīve been thinking myself of buying a place overthere and maybe retire someday.
Looking at OSO classifieds one can figure out which ones will fold.

Think the free flow of cash, parties, real estate Mcmillionaires is all over for the rest of this decade and maybe into the next.
Think 1970's America.
Enlighten me I was just a pre teen at the end of the 70īs.
Hmmm was the 70īs that Bad then?

Keep in mind Cigarette (the brand with worldwide adoration) has gone broke many times over its existence through the 5-6 owners it has had over the years........
Well thatīs true but also It has made some bad judgements if I recall right ?
I reckon smaller companies can adjust faster and better.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll put this thread back on track. Maybe?

IMO the market for new boats may come around eventually, but even if it re bounded this year and new boat orders instantly and magically returned to normal, you are still going to have an entire years worth of new inventory that is sitting unsold on the lots that will need to be heavily dicounted in order to move it.

My oint is that the used market can't rebound the way everyone thinks that it will. Prices won't go up because they are a direct reflection of the price of a new one. With new heavily discounted models on the market, the neew production models will also have to be discounted to entice sales of a new rig.

This will affect all big ticket consumer items like cars, boats, etc.

Just a logial thought, but maybe I am wrong. The math works out though. You also have to take into account our declining job market, which will decrease the amount of consumers for a used boat. So many other factors that point towards no recovery.

Oh well. I'll let you guys get back to bashing each others countries.

I just hope that the guys that owe way to much money or their rigs are happy with the ones that they have. I hope the guys that can afford to get into a newer rig have the patience to really wait for the prices to come down, because IMO they are just now actually where they should be. The discounts havn't even showed up yet.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN
Why donīt compare it to others then?
Because it can't compare to anything new, I look at them as a cool under 100k boat. Larry Smith, old Cig.'s and Apaches are very cool boats that if I had a lake house or a place in Florida that I was only going to be at a few time a year I would put a boat like that there. 10,15,20 year old boats are not what I would want for an every day boat, I work on stuff all day the last thing I want to do is work on my own stuff everytime I take it out.

Quick Reply: Where is the Cigarette Market at ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.