Where is the Cigarette Market at ?? >

Where is the Cigarette Market at ??

Notices

Where is the Cigarette Market at ??

Old 12-21-2008, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
So could you retire right now and not change your lifestyle and just live off the intrest of the money you have and investments without going to a job ?
Actually yes. I have own warehouses where I can pile my stuff into and forgetabout them and live of the rents.

Yes the cost of living is very high here, puplic trans. sucks they don't even have any where I live and I could not live in a city. My standard of living is not that bad aside from boats and I sold most of my toys that I don't use, I don't eat out, I pack a lunch 75% of the time, I live 16 miles from work, my truck gets 20+ mpg my bike 45.
I travel by car also.. mpg is ca 42. Depends on the work place from 25 miles to 1 mile depeding on the day.
I have to eat out everyday so thats around 15 bucks a day.
College is free for our kids but I gotta give them an apartment and pocket money.

But when you make a plan then your wife takes a huge hit in pay and the economy face plants it hurts and I have dug into savings big time, I have 2 kids that want/need to get some kind of education after high school so thats going to cost me.
If I plan to retire right now I might forget all about boats and my wife allabout her racehorses so that would end up with a divorce althought currently we are taking a remiss on our relation as we speak.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On to the auto industry.

Americans every day try and justify their foreign auto purchases by saying that they are cheaper and more reliable. That is actually not a fact. The price per value of foreign autos has done nothng but go up since their intruduction in the 70's, and now it is equal. The statistics that show more reliability and cusomer satisfation are things that have been manipulated by the manufacturers liek toyota and honda since the beginning. Those remarks can be backed up, but it is going to take to long, and that is not the real focus of this post.

I want to go back to all the idiots that are crying about not having jobs and loosing their home etc.. and have a foregn car in their driveway. Sure they justify it by saying that is was assembled here. "So friggin what". The profit for re investment, the interest charged on the financing, the money paid for a warranty that is insured through an American company that has to actually pay the bill for the technician to work on it and generates profit for the dealership paying a percentage back to the foreign owned manufacturer all takes money off of our shores.

Eventually if you let enough water slosh out of the bucket and into someone elses, you don't have any left for yourself.

I think this is on the wrong thread, but it has relevance.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
Because it can't compare to anything new, I look at them as a cool under 100k boat. Larry Smith, old Cig.'s and Apaches are very cool boats that if I had a lake house or a place in Florida that I was only going to be at a few time a year I would put a boat like that there. 10,15,20 year old boats are not what I would want for an every day boat, I work on stuff all day the last thing I want to do is work on my own stuff everytime I take it out.
Ok I see. I donīt look on the other hand at new boats as I they break too.
I hate to also buy something I canīt work on myself.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN
If I plan to retire right now I might forget all about boats and my wife allabout her racehorses so that would end up with a divorce althought currently we are taking a remiss on our relation as we speak.
HAHAHAHA!!! you're crazy mofo Mika!!!

Dont talk words like "global thinking", "Nobel peace prize" "Sisu" & "culture" here!
It's just a waste
Old 12-21-2008, 03:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
On to the auto industry.

Americans every day try and justify their foreign auto purchases by saying that they are cheaper and more reliable. That is actually not a fact. The price per value of foreign autos has done nothng but go up since their intruduction in the 70's, and now it is equal. The statistics that show more reliability and cusomer satisfation are things that have been manipulated by the manufacturers liek toyota and honda since the beginning. Those remarks can be backed up, but it is going to take to long, and that is not the real focus of this post.

I want to go back to all the idiots that are crying about not having jobs and loosing their home etc.. and have a foregn car in their driveway. Sure they justify it by saying that is was assembled here. "So friggin what". The profit for re investment, the interest charged on the financing, the money paid for a warranty that is insured through an American company that has to actually pay the bill for the technician to work on it and generates profit for the dealership paying a percentage back to the foreign owned manufacturer all takes money off of our shores.

Eventually if you let enough water slosh out of the bucket and into someone elses, you don't have any left for yourself.

I think this is on the wrong thread, but it has relevance.

spot on and I Agree with you.
Until America comes up with something worth buying people will buy something else but thenagain the Citizens should think what to buy first.
We have this logo with a Swan and our flags cross on it to show that itīs made mostly domestic ( like 80%??).
Why not do the same with a stars and stripes logo and let people show their patriotism.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you cant retire and not change your lifestyle.

No males in my family have made it past 65 no females past 70. I am 6'5" 225# and have lived a hard life racing and crashing all kinds of stuff. I like my job and don't dream of just sitting around and rotting talking about the good ol days, so if I can make money have fun and just not wake up some day I am cool with that. I work m-f 10 hours a day, get 4 weeks paid vacation a year, love my house, why retire?
Old 12-21-2008, 03:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mange
HAHAHAHA!!! you're crazy mofo Mika!!!

Dont talk words like "global thinking", "Nobel peace prize" "Sisu" & "culture" here!
It's just a waste
So is my time before Xmas.... one trip tomorrow and then Iīm just burning candles and making cocktails...

I might just as well give a few laughs to some with a twist
But truly Iīm worried about US economy as if it folds I dont have other choices but to buy an Arrow or a MasMar ?
Old 12-21-2008, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I see. I donīt look on the other hand at new boats as I they break too.
I hate to also buy something I canīt work on myself.
I don't buy brand new either, let somebody take the big hit. I do all my own work on everything and I can fix anything thats worth fixing. Thats the way my dad was and that how I hope my kids will be.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:33 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

spot on and I Agree with you.
Until America comes up with something worth buying people will buy something else but thenagain the Citizens should think what to buy first.
We have this logo with a Swan and our flags cross on it to show that itīs made mostly domestic ( like 80%??).
Why not do the same with a stars and stripes logo and let people show their patriotism.
Most people are to busy trying to show off what they can afford, buy, own, etc. to worry about where it comes from, or the repercusions of buying it.

While you can't buy anything domestically manufactured at a Best Buy, or a Circuit City, People justified it as at least creating the distribution and retail jobs, but the profit from the manufacturing just kept staying over seas wher it was made. Now those people can affor to buy things, (nothign wrong with that), but they don't buy anything from over here because they all ready make it over there. There is nothing that we make here that can't be made, manufactured, or purchased somewhere else.

Historically this has actually happened to all major world powers after a history of around 150-200 years. This is just the first time it is going to happen because of finance.

All I can say is hold on to your shirts.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

It will be 2015 before our economy gets back to being healthy again.

Quick Reply: Where is the Cigarette Market at ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.