Where is the Cigarette Market at ??

Old 12-20-2008, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I pity people who consider cars like Audi's to be something
exceptional.

Pesky Varmint

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN
Quality/ American products... yea sure...just look at the Big3.
I have a 82 Z/28, a 1970 SS396, A 1965 GranSport convertible and a C4 Coupe and Iīve had prolly a Dozen other US cars ...so I know what Iīm talking about.

I Said Russians have buying power and they know how to demand quality. Iīm in a raceteam that has made Audis as Racecars for Russians..they didnīt want Daewoo/Chevrolets for some reason.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Mikey FIN,
My comment regarding quality was towards your saying the Russians wanting quality products. How would they know quality ?
ed
Old 12-20-2008, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

hey Lada's are great cars
Old 12-20-2008, 07:17 PM
Registered

Default Boat Market

As a marine surveyor in south Florida I see the changes first. I have surveyed more sailboats in the past 6 months than I did in the past 2 years. Most all my powerboat/yacht buyers are from overseas. Even with the dollar gettting stronger the overseas buyers are still able to get great deals in south Florida. Boats going overseas are not for the most part performance boats. Bank repo boat numbers are UP every week. The only other thing that is up in the marine industry is crime and I am now selling and installing GPS Tracking Systems that many insurance companies are going to make mandatory this next year.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Mikey FIN,
My comment regarding quality was towards your saying the Russians wanting quality products. How would they know quality ?
ed
How did they get to the space first ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaceflight

Seems you diss Russian intellect also here which is far more world known and sofisticated than you prolly can imagine.
Think that russians also invented the Laser among other things and that has to do something with a need for precision.

Regarding quality how does Russians now quality..have you ever heard of a goldsmith named Fabergé ... very popular among the blue-blooded Russians..

You might find also St:Petersburg quite overwhelming and itīs history an the Russian women...
Now you ask how do they know quality...because they ainīt stupid and getting bankcrupt as a nation as we speak.

and when it comes to airplanes. well I think they manage to hold their own regarding anything US has to offer.
Now Sikorsky did invent the Helicopter for example...
Old 12-20-2008, 07:24 PM
Registered

Default Boat Market

As a marine surveyor in south Florida I see the changes first. I have surveyed more sailboats in the past 6 months than I did in the past 2 years. Most all my powerboat/yacht buyers are from overseas. Even with the dollar gettting stronger the overseas buyers are still able to get great deals in south Florida. Boats going overseas are not for the most part performance boats. Bank repo boat numbers are UP every week. The only other thing that is up in the marine industry is crime and I am now selling and installing GPS Tracking Systems that many insurance companies are going to make mandatory this next year.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pesky Varmint
I pity people who consider cars like Audi's to be something
exceptional.

Pesky Varmint
OT.
Because you donīt know better only...
Now Tell me of a Single Grand Prix Win for example that some US automaker has won ?
And thats something _Audi ainīt even close to being dominant in..
Beating Corvettes and others for Breakfast is... even with a diesel.
From being Banned from Nascar to dominating Pikes Peak, IMSA GTO and WRC B-Group to Winning LeMans ( with a diesel even..)

Unfair Advantage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rtZ0...eature=related

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/n...eply&p=2762881

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hskT...eature=related

Vorsprung durch technik.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VnC1chsGM8

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 12-20-2008 at 08:02 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dreamer
hey Lada's are great cars
OT
Youīd know..GM owned company...just like Daewoo is a Chevrolet nowadays and whats that plant in China making somekinda "luxury cars" oohhh ..Buick Electras.
Hell Iīm the starter of a Buick owners club back in 1984 over here and I think Dunbars last wish wasnīt at all that Buicks are made in China or outside Flint for the Matter.
So no wonder Hardcore GS owners start to look at Audis nowadays.
Keep up the Good work outsourcing U.S.A.

thenagain it has happened also before in boating.
Chris Craft, Cigarette, Magnum and Baja have all had production outside US.

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 12-20-2008 at 07:56 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve Snider
I might be needing your services sometime soon...
Old 12-20-2008, 08:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 591 Likes on 271 Posts

Well I bought!!! Piss on the na sayers. Now if the weather and work will give me a window I will have that bad boy in my toybox!!
Quinlan

Quick Reply: Where is the Cigarette Market at ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.