Where is the Cigarette Market at ?? >

Where is the Cigarette Market at ??

Notices

Where is the Cigarette Market at ??

Old 12-21-2008, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN
Canīt help it but thatīs how it is, sadly.
Come to think of it it has to be that Americans think they can get by with English everywhere and are therefore considered ignorant to put it mildly.

A true story
Now in the 70īs a national broadcast here interviewed people at one of the airports people leaving the country about the sauna and what they know about it and aired it live.
All others being ok in their answers until an American who looked more like an Arabian terrorist with his beard threw a fit and started hitting the interviewer
Well the Cameraman kept on shooting everything and when the police had taken him to the ground and asked why about his behavior he stated he didnīt understand the question ( presented to him in plain english).

* Priceless.

Magnum 27 and 28īs in Sweden ( to this very day).
Bigger ones in Italy.
Cigarette 38 flatdecks splashed in the 80īs and called HiTech 1st edition by the guys who founded NorTech in Norway and Sweden.
There was a Norwegian court order to destroy the molds.
Cigarettes nowadays in the High tech country of Turkey?

Chris-Craft had a plant in Italy in the early 70īs making cruisers

What else do you want to be enlighted with?
Sounds like regional manufacturing to me. Like how Malibu boats makes boats in CA for the west coast market, TN for the east coast market and in Australia for markets outside the US. I have a hard time swallowing something is crap just because of where it is made. Just my opinion though.

Sounds like you have one good data point on Americans. I do a substantial amount of international traveling and the global language is English. When the Korean and the Chinese and the Russians get together they speak English. Not because American's are ignorant - we are not forced to learn another.

Anyways this isn’t debate about any of the above. Hope all is well in Finland. I just got engaged Friday night to a half Finnish babe!

Hyvää joulua ja onnellista uutta vuotta!

Last edited by five cent worth; 12-21-2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by five cent worth
I have a hard time swallowing something is crap just because of where it is made. Just my opinion though.
Well the Cruisers are cheaper to get built on location I reckon.
Thats why they build the big boats and labour costs being cheaper in the mentioned countries.
Remember also that Spain was in the 80īs a below par country regarding quality in general.
I might add in Turkey they copy everything they can get their hands on and Skaters are truly above their Turkish splashes.

I donīt have a hard time believing that when you take a fisherman to build boats or cars the result canīt be as good as a steelworkers/ boatbuilders at least not until the fisherman has become one but thatīs some bean counters do have a hard time believing and the failures are proofs in my book.

Sounds like you have one good data point on Americans. I do a substantial amount of international traveling and the global language is English. When the Korean and the Chinese and the Russians get together they speak English. Not because American's are ignorant - we are not forced to learn another.
Lived over there enough to now the ropes....
Regarding Asians and Russians well with Asians I speak English or Finnish with them Iīm not forced to any other either But try any (North) African country and you have a hard time getting by If you canīt french..same goes for Canada too in some places...
In Europe you might also get in trouble with just English. Especially those places were English speaking arenīt well looked on.

Russians start mostly with German, and that might be strange.
On the other hand Russians when Germans invaded took mostly them with open arms as they were seen as liberators of Communism and a ticket to free enterprising and ownership.

Anyways this isn’t debate about any of the above. Hope all is well in Finland. I just got exchanged Friday night to a half Finnish babe!

Hyvää joulua ja onnellista uutta vuotta!

Thnx. Happy Holidays for all of you too.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hmmm doesnīt sound german at all...M.S.Khomyakov or Georgi Grechko...
Guess Somebody has altered your History education.
Must be the same guy who told that Soviets/Allies liberated Europe... but forgot to mention what happened afterwards and how people really felt when the Allied Red Army advanced... even in Russia people jumped over to the other side and hated them by millions.

Soviets at least punished those they cought so they took a stand even after the war so have to gice credit for them about "Staying on the course...." Remember that phrase

Stop Crying about Christ will ya.
Well should coulda But DIDNīt..you were their Allies and shaking their hands smiling (and licking) at the time.

Regarding designes and tracable off course they are..everything is, wake UP.
Just look at powerboats and their history.
But your mistaking the Bear for The Bull.
The Bear is a bigger and faster plus more advanced plane and has little in common with B-29

Hindsight is a bless ainīt it.

My Both grandfathers hated Stalin and Commies To their Last breath and they got wounded and Fought against them, protecting their ATTACKED Homeland.
No-one in Europe wanted Russians on their soil, but you helped them in that.
A small history lesson for you.
So a Big thank you.
* Donīt GET ME STARTED ON THIS...anymore.
I often wonder how Stupid the U.S. Central "Intelligence"/ foreign policy REALLY is because thereīs hasnīt been nothing but failures in their efforts.
And the U.S. Citizen pays the price among others.
So no wonder Americans are considered not that bright in general. Even in Russia or China.

Well, have to inform you all Russian cars are licensed, itīs cheper to occupy a country ( with free ammo and guns) and steal the factories so actually who did it benefit and who shot itself on the leg ?

Afterwards they have also built mainly licensed cars.

AK-47 and STG 44 have nothing in common not even the caliber.
I guess you have loaded assembled and fired both of them ?
I have and AK47īs derivate RK62 and its different versions to boot.

What was the subsonic Ruskies shot down ?
A Rockband has a similar name...

And youīre saying they have nothing even close...well close enough to take one down and end the program right there.
The main goal with usually to GETITDONE in those circles.
Oh boy here we go with the Pissing contest again, unfortunately.
Have a Molotov Cocktail...

Back to topic.

I wish the Spring will bring up the markets too and it looks the banks has to bite the bullet and open their purses by lowering the interests and look at the big picture, if they donīt everything will halt to stand still fast. If they canīt and have overcredited then some other nation has U.S.A by the balls, China as we speak as thatīs whose money U.S. Banks has loaned out.

As we speak the one and only quality products that I can think of and is Exportable is powerboats from U.S.A. If the make in question is a quality one that is.

* Think Global and that thereīs competition too out there, the Stars And Stripes ainīt much to go for nowadays.
It was like 20-30yrs ago but those days are Sadly over or was I just young and narrowminded back then ?
LOL thanks for the Laugh Mickey but have a nice Christmas.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:08 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here are Russia and China's motorcycles
The Urinal and the Kayak....LOL!
Do they build Offshore Powerboats?
What does Finland build?

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 03-10-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:40 AM
Registered

Nothing begins to meet my definition of solid, durable
drivetrains until you get to the over 3/4 ton pickups, and
I mean the ones with stout beam axles front and rear
especially.

All my car is for is to get me to work and back cheap.
Come to think of it, cars are good for that. Being cheap.

Pesky Varmint

Wake up call.

Yes my own car is like that boring that is but not squaky.
... but my 1970 SS396 is ... all plastic squaky flimsy etc. IMO.
The 65 GS ainīt with itīs steel dash etc.
My buddys 1970 GS455 Stage1 convertible is.
So was my 1961 Corvette.
and my 86...
and the Trans Am etc etc...

In fact all US made Cars Iīve had ..even quite new ones have been like that. Utter piles of squaky plastic rubbish even the Cadillac STSes and their leather seats..what are they made of..buffalo ass skin or?

But the AudisīI have driven havefine leather carbon and wood allover..
The Brand new Jaguar V12 XJ-S was like that too back in the day we had, one of 11 XJīs together.
So was the MB 560SEC.
And all built like vaults, just to name a few

I coulda been your friend..ready ax the roof of your datsun.
My Wife had a brand new 280ZX.
But a Firebird doesnīt have a frame.. or any other Ponycar or Muscle Mopar.
So what Pontiac was he stuck with ?

And Iīm so tired of all these POS in my garage....

My serious have 12 point rollcages..all 3 of them.

The one I work with do have a Frame ( not the flimsy one US rigs do) but it pulls also 130Klbs totals daily.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve 1
LOL thanks for the Laugh Mickey but have a nice Christmas.
I agree - thanks for the laughs and Merry Christmas!

Funny....see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finland

The two Finish Miltary photos show an American made fighter plane and tank.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Registered

AK-47 and STG 44 have nothing in common not even the caliber.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-47

"Design concept
The AK-47 is best described as a hybrid of previous rifle technology innovations: the double locking lugs and unlocking raceway of the M1 Garand/M1 carbine,[7] the trigger and safety mechanism of the John Browning designed Remington Model 8 rifle,[8] and the gas system and layout of the StG44."

So that would make you absolutely.....WRONG
Old 12-21-2008, 11:23 AM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveP
I agree - thanks for the laughs and Merry Christmas!

Funny....see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finland

The two Finish Miltary photos show an American made fighter plane and tank.
Dave the Plane is a American F-18 but the Tank is a German leopard 2!!!
Old 12-21-2008, 11:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveP
See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-47

"Design concept
The AK-47 is best described as a hybrid of previous rifle technology innovations: the double locking lugs and unlocking raceway of the M1 Garand/M1 carbine,[7] the trigger and safety mechanism of the John Browning designed Remington Model 8 rifle,[8] and the gas system and layout of the StG44."

So that would make you absolutely.....WRONG
Seems ole Mickey here is history challenged .
Old 12-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by WMF
Dave the Plane is a American F-18 but the Tank is a German leopard 2!!!
OOPS! My bad. It looked identical to the M1 Abrams.

I also found on Wikipedia that the NYPD is larger than Finland's entire active Militrary.

Quick Reply: Where is the Cigarette Market at ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.