Where is the Cigarette Market at ?? >

Where is the Cigarette Market at ??

Notices

Where is the Cigarette Market at ??

Old 12-30-2008, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smiklos@sunprint
I am going to purchase either a 38 TS 36 Gladiator or a mid 30' catamaran (skater MTI). I have been planning this purchase for about 10 months. My original plan had me buying just after Christmas as I felt that would be pretty well the bottom of the market.

I am a cash buyer but in talking with my banker and some in the marine business it appears there is very little money to lend for boats and high performance is some of the least desirable paper. This means that most deals will need to be cash or home equity loans. With this in mind I am taking a wait and see attitude. I went through this in 1991 and bought to soon. When is too soon? I guess just before the first upturn.
Steve

Yep one of the worst feelings in the world is when you make an offer and they take it in a 1/2 second. I like to be asked to leave or never call again on my first offer then work up from there.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
Yep one of the worst feelings in the world is when you make an offer and they take it in a 1/2 second. I like to be asked to leave or never call again on my first offer then work up from there.
YEP.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
Rice Hauler did sell for less than 99K from Coopers.

I am so sick of Rice Hauler . Just make it go away again, please.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucky Strike Jr
It's just like a car, if you have (2) 2003 SL500 that roll through the auction why does one do $31,000 and one do $34,000? Becuase of the color, miles, and the history....same thing with a boat.

My $.02

Hate to be Capt. Obvious on this one but the one that pulled more money had a "Mercedeshowroom" tag on it. I heard the owner of that dealership only sells top notch stuff and a Mercedeshowroon tag is equal to a Lipship Edition.........
Old 12-30-2008, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
Been there! I am a bottom feeder I like to buy at the bottom of the market so I can get out easily without much cost or hassle. Selling a boat is always difficult.
Steve
Old 12-30-2008, 02:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 591 Likes on 271 Posts

While you guys are all talking about buying, I got mine and went BOATING yesterday!!! Gotta love it!. Might even go AGAIN this weekend!
Quinlan
Old 12-30-2008, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been there! I am a bottom feeder I like to buy at the bottom of the market so I can get out easily without much cost or hassle. Selling a boat is always difficult.
Steve
I am not that bad with cars and trucks and motorcycles because I have been in this biz for 22 years so I get the hook up and hardly ever loose $$$ but the boats, the first few were fixer uppers and I made money then I got to busy to work on my own stuff that much for it to still be fun, but when I made the mistake of buying new from a less than par dealer that had NO customer service after the sale and so bad at what the did do I had to put on a trailer I'm sorry 2 trailers and take it 900 miles to the factory to get it done right. Then buy another trailer now on #3 for the same boat in 10 days time.

The only deal I ever felt was a good one was my Nortech from Terry Sobo, he got me what I needed for my trade then treated me great and still does.

Too many dealers are looking at margin to much and not volume they wont pay anything for a trade if they would take it at all then jack it up so much it sit's till it's junk. The ones that are fair like Fastboats will be around but the others can go under for all I care, but it's tuff to sell when you only have a 6 -8 month season. It seems to me that the dealers that are not in Florida are the ones that only want to sell you a boat and the ones that unless you stole the boat you couldn't trade it to them for what they offer.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by oklaoutlaw
While you guys are all talking about buying, I got mine and went BOATING yesterday!!! Gotta love it!. Might even go AGAIN this weekend!
Quinlan
I have 3 Boats and have been boating twice in the last 7 days. My Corsa is in the water now and will serious duty over New Years. So I am hardly sitting on the sidelines.
Steve
Old 12-30-2008, 03:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool

I am going to purchase either a 38 TS 36 Gladiator or a mid 30' catamaran (skater MTI). I have been planning this purchase for about 10 months. My original plan had me buying just after Christmas as I felt that would be pretty well the bottom of the market.

I am a cash buyer but in talking with my banker and some in the marine business it appears there is very little money to lend for boats and high performance is some of the least desirable paper. This means that most deals will need to be cash or home equity loans. With this in mind I am taking a wait and see attitude. I went through this in 1991 and bought to soon. When is too soon? I guess just before the first upturn.
Steve

Steve, if your looking for a Gladiator I have a nice one??? 2005 36' Gladiator with 750HP Sterlings......priced right!!!
Attached Thumbnails Where is the Cigarette Market at ??-25259.jpg   Where is the Cigarette Market at ??-lindsays-pics-237.jpg   Where is the Cigarette Market at ??-25259_1.jpg  

Last edited by blume; 12-30-2008 at 03:20 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by blume
Steve, if your looking for a Gladiator I have a nice one??? 2005 36' Gladiator with 750HP Sterlings......priced right!!!
That is a beautiful boat!
I actually talked to Mike at Sterling just yesterday about the engines and what a maintenance schedule would be. While some I saw would rather not have Sterlings over 525's I am fine with them.
My 1st choice is actually a low power MTI or Skater w/bravos and silent choice. The river I live on is shallow and prop strikes happen so number six drives could get very expensive
Steve

Quick Reply: Where is the Cigarette Market at ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.