Notices

Brooks Cougar

Old 12-29-2008, 04:32 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Brooks Cougar

Anyone have any updates on this ride? There is some great footage of it haulin' at the end of Big Seas "Cougar" dvd.
Attached Thumbnails Brooks Cougar-brooks.jpg  

Last edited by fobes; 12-29-2008 at 04:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
I'CE (11-03-2020)
Old 12-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As far as I know only two were ever made (for KR Racing in Vermillion). The one that was used in Class1 with the tail cut off is for sale at the mo in Italy

the second was/is for sale in the USA. I saw a pic of it taking part in a poker run (completely white) not so long ago. Beautiful boat!!!

Last edited by olli; 12-29-2008 at 06:11 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:09 AM
Registered

A beautiful boat indeed:

Old 12-30-2008, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

olli-
Great looking ride, must be outstanding in rough water. Have you seen the Big Seas dvd "Cougar- The British Invasion"? There is some footage of it running at the end and it is MOVING.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:25 AM
Registered

Have not seen the Cougar dvd yet. I was fortunate to see one at a German C1 GP in Travemünde before the modifications were made. Those lousy scans really don't do it justice. It was one huge very nice boat but never really competitive.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:45 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

I saw the Cougar recently..has a new poker run cockpit and paint. Looks great
The following users liked this post:
adrenalinejunkey (11-01-2020)
Old 12-30-2008, 10:14 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

We did the graphics on the red/black hull in post number 2. The boats were cored with some intresting material. Very light weight but did not seem very strong. I remember the owner saying that this boat was not to be "an OCEAN racing" boat. The first coupe of these boats that they brought to Key West blew apart BAD there in the worlds.....
Old 12-30-2008, 12:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
We did the graphics on the red/black hull in post number 2. The boats were cored with some intresting material. Very light weight but did not seem very strong. I remember the owner saying that this boat was not to be "an OCEAN racing" boat. The first coupe of these boats that they brought to Key West blew apart BAD there in the worlds.....
looks like cardboard!
Old 12-30-2008, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The 2 Plastic Cougars

Olli,youv`e opened another can of worms I`m afraid.There were indeed two cougars built in Her Majesties dockyard at Devonport,Plymouth. (Best stick to warship work).At the time the word was they were rubbish construction,but what has me confused is that you put on site the pic of Seven Eleven,which as I understand was ex-Roscioli Hotels,ex-GFN Gibellato.Are you saying this boat was one of the two built at Plymouth for the Norwegians.The white Brookes single cockpit looks visually quite different to Seven Eleven,and the red/white Brookes went poker running as your pics show and Ryan comments on.Can you clarify please.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by flying fish
Olli,youv`e opened another can of worms I`m afraid.There were indeed two cougars built in Her Majesties dockyard at Devonport,Plymouth. (Best stick to warship work).At the time the word was they were rubbish construction,but what has me confused is that you put on site the pic of Seven Eleven,which as I understand was ex-Roscioli Hotels,ex-GFN Gibellato.Are you saying this boat was one of the two built at Plymouth for the Norwegians.The white Brookes single cockpit looks visually quite different to Seven Eleven,and the red/white Brookes went poker running as your pics show and Ryan comments on.Can you clarify please.
The 7 11 is definitely one of them. The pictures I took at the German GP were of the GFN Gibellato and it looked exactly like the Brooks boat then. I guess they cut off everything that was not necessary shortly after. For the canopy it just looks like a single cockpit but there are two canopies with a sort of lid in between which forms the air intake.
When Kjell Inge Rokke brought it to Key West like Ryan Beckley said they faced huge delamination problems but in one interview he said that he was satisfied with its handling and that he would go on with it. Shortly after that he switched to a 46' Skater.

Quick Reply: Brooks Cougar

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.