Florida and boating property >

Florida and boating property

Notices

Florida and boating property

Old 01-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

For the guys looking, just putting a bug in you're ear.....I love Florida...but check out a few other states.. Certain parts of Alabama are very nice, as well as where I live...MS gulf coast. It is still a war zone here, but gradually getting better..Im from WI, so I can see the writing on the wall, alot of potential in the next 10 years, as well as tax advantages, and at 55 a big deduct across the board. Boating is good but need more resturants. Way of life is slow and laid back, and that's what I like about it vs Florida. Good Luck. Jeff
Old 01-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been dreaming like many for years to retire to Florida and become a boating/fishing/beer drinking bum. I have been casually watching the WF real estate market in SW coast for about 5 years now. Prices have skyrocketed and the property taxes are absurd in my opinion unless your from New York or Jersey. I have also noticed the insurance can get real crazy depending on when the home was built.

Came home from work the other night and was watching one the financial channels during dinner and they said Cape Coral has the highest forclosure rate in the country.

It all sounds bad but I am still not ready to give up my retirement dreams.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm looking at a house to buy in Cape Coral. Not on the water but there are the slips and marinas I guess.
3BD 2.5 Baths. 2 car gar. 1 year old never lived in. for $110K.
It's a good deal. or is it ? Or I should just buy land and build?
Good boating area, but what about future growth and jobs?
I need a cristal ball.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vinny P
I will able to retire from my job in 4 years. I will be 51 years old then. Hopefully, I will still have a bit of life left in me. I will have a pretty good New York pension. My house is payed for and worth a good amount of money. The plan is to get out of N.Y. and head either south or west to where the cost of living and housing is less expensive than here. Not to mention, the weather here sucks in the winter.
My wife and I just visited the Florida Keys. We loved it. I have been told ( By New Yorkers ) , that Jupiter Fla, is a good choice for Florida living. Boating and weather is great. Is that true? I didnt get a chance to visit Jupiter this time around. ( How about that Jupiter Sunsation ? )
For what my house here is worth, I can easily get something there and have plenty of $$ left for gas. My concern with Fla is the hurricanes. What about home owners and boat insurance, especially if you own water front property? How are the property taxes for water front homes?

Jupiter is nice my Dad lives there there is also Jupiter island with very nice homes on it.Rented a condo on the beach last year(Thanks Cash Bar).Did not see one go -fast while I was down there I was kinda at the end of their season,late April but it is real quiet.If thats what you want great but you need to stay there a week in a rental
Old 01-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Registered

You want good boating? Just go to the Fort Myers Offshore forum and spend a little time.

Game over!

Let us know when you get here.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
Jupiter is nice my Dad lives there there is also Jupiter island with very nice homes on it.Rented a condo on the beach last year(Thanks Cash Bar).Did not see one go -fast while I was down there I was kinda at the end of their season,late April but it is real quiet.If thats what you want great but you need to stay there a week in a rental
100% right on.....

Jupiter inventory that I can recall:

3 32 Sunsations
3 TS TG's
1 Playboy 35
Few straight TG's
1 36 Skater ASD's with 496's (what a waste!)
1 old Apache (lift decoration I think, never seen it wet)
1 43 ZR
Couple of 35-38 Donzi's

Now fishboats, seems everything is triple outboard and 35-40 feet long. Several triple powered Fountain CC's. Lots of Contenders/ Jupiters/ 34 + 39 Ventures.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tbanzer
I was down in FT Lauderdale this past November. I could see how you need to be real carefull in your searches. One of the areas goes from a ghetto to million dollar homes in 5 minutes by car.

When we left Jupiter going back to the airport(WEST PALM) we went down the coast instead of I 95 Went through Riviera beach I thought I was back in Brooklyn North its a shame because you could see from the building it was really nice like 50 years ago.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Registered

Remember FL is full of people with burn out dreams...... It is like an east coast California. Everyone came here to be rich and get a killer tan. Reality sets in and suddenly they are working the local gas station complaining how everything costs so much and how they did it "up north"

My favorite saying: Florida is a sunny place for SHADY people!
Old 01-09-2009, 09:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
When we left Jupiter going back to the airport(WEST PALM) we went down the coast instead of I 95 Went through Riviera beach I thought I was back in Brooklyn North its a shame because you could see from the building it was really nice like 50 years ago.
West Palm/ Riviera/ Lake Worth are very rough. Palm Beach County had 107 murders last year alone. Much of it was drug /gang related but it unfortunately spills over into surrounding areas. You can see old ladies in Bentleys waiting at a traffic light with a crack whore on the corner looking for work any day of the week.

A 5 minute bike ride can take you from Mar a Lago (Donald Trump's Estate/ Club) to a rock slinging neighborhood.
The migrant population has exploded and the gangs in the central county have exploded in size as well.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARADOX
I'm looking at a house to buy in Cape Coral. Not on the water but there are the slips and marinas I guess.
3BD 2.5 Baths. 2 car gar. 1 year old never lived in. for $110K.
It's a good deal. or is it ? Or I should just buy land and build?
Good boating area, but what about future growth and jobs?
I need a cristal ball.

Right now you can buy a new home in the cape cheaper than building it. Check into that first, imho.

Quick Reply: Florida and boating property

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.