need opinions on ILMORE's

Old 01-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need opinions on ILMORE's

i have no expierence with these.
are they good engines?
how reliable are they?
what kind of speed should i expect to see out of this boat?
we are looking at an 05 OL 39 with these in it, the boat is an 05 and has 198 hours.

thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

the GTX?? Have heard nothing but good about the motors.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:23 PM
Registered

no it's the quattro at Lake Cumberland Marine.
http://lakecumberlandmarine.com/used...a4e5c0431d718f
Old 01-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Registered

The Viper motor they are based off of push 1,500 hp with ease in the Vipers. 1,700 to 2,000 is getting to be the new norm. Even with that kind of power they are very reliable and street driven. Both of my Vipers, one super charged, have been bullett proof. When I buy my go fast boat it will have Ilmore's. Sorry I can't be of more help as far as the marine application goes, but man do those cars fly.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:25 PM
Registered

We've run with that boat before at 90+ for a good stretch. Boat runs real nice!! I have also been on it and will be at LCM in a week. It was owned by a guy up in NH on Lake Winni. The boat is in very nice shape and you will love the boat!! Let me know if you want me to check it out while im there again.

Dan
Old 01-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Registered

i say bring that boat on back to cincy with you....... I have heard nothing but good things also about the ilmors

adam
Old 01-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ilmor

Originally Posted by show-n-go h2o
i have no expierence with these.
are they good engines?
how reliable are they?
what kind of speed should i expect to see out of this boat?
we are looking at an 05 OL 39 with these in it, the boat is an 05 and has 198 hours.

thanks for any help you can give me.

Providing the have been maintained your probably not half way to a rebuild as of yet. (Supposedly Ilmor has not received engine 1 back for a rebuild yet)

I decided on Ilmor- and I believe there is no finer naturally aspirated engine series available.

Im a brand new user- and there are plenty of high hour Ilmor veterans on this board, you can look up my write up in the "ilmor 710 forum", and read about other big cat owners experiences- all good expect one guy claiming the wouldn't honor a "trade in" deal. (big surprise never seen a vendor do it myself)

As for what to expect out of the rig -

GUESS coming-

I Couldnt really say, but a crude guess <based on a lavey 39 evo going 106 with twin merc 700's> guess would be 96-101 on a cold day.

The last powerboat test of both with similar power showed the lavey a bit slower on top but waay faster in the midrange - theorizing if propped identically <they werent> they would achieve within 1-2% of each other top speed wise.

As for the mills this is NOT a guess- These are no excuses stone reliable, latest generation pieces (well the 625 is one gen back the 710 is the new edge)

1. Ilmor is an engineering company with the capability to design and build anything up to and including WINNING formula 1 /indy car engines

2 The guys working there have more mettalurgy and engineering degrees than a russian protractor.

3 Is a Roger Penske company and they do not take shortcuts.

4. Ilmors proven track record does more talking than any one person or group on this website- check it out.

The OL looks awesome Im envious.

Uncle Dave
Attached Thumbnails need opinions on ILMORE's-dsc08824-2-.jpg   need opinions on ILMORE's-dsc05619.jpg   need opinions on ILMORE's-dsc05606.jpg  

Old 01-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
We've run with that boat before at 90+ for a good stretch. Boat runs real nice!! I have also been on it and will be at LCM in a week. It was owned by a guy up in NH on Lake Winni. The boat is in very nice shape and you will love the boat!! Let me know if you want me to check it out while im there again.

Dan
thanks for the offer, we are going to cruise down there saturday, we have a house in jamestown and thats where the trade in is. from all the pics it looks to be in great shape. the only other one we have found that we like has 600sci's

Uncle Dave, thank you for the great info

Last edited by show-n-go h2o; 01-02-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by show-n-go h2o
thanks for the offer, we are going to cruise down there saturday, we have a house in jamestown and thats where the trade in is. from all the pics it looks to be in great shape. the only other one we have found that we like has 600sci's

Uncle Dave, thank you for the great info
Nice well be there on Sunday. Good luck, your going to love the boat!
Old 01-02-2009, 05:59 PM
Registered

I did a lot of research on these prior to making the plunge. Haven't put too many hours on mine as I just picked it up... but I can tell you that it sounds sweet and runs awesome so far. The fellas at Ilmor have been GREAT to deal with and from everything I've read, they back their product up 110%. I had a minor issue (unrelated to Ilmor), and the guys at Ilmor did everything possible to help resolve the issue. Great crew out there!

Quick Reply: need opinions on ILMORE's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.