Like Tree0Likes

Who sells T-handles for back seats?

Reply
Old 01-05-2009, 02:01 PM
  #11
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Newark, DE
My Boats: 2002 38'Ocean Express Catamaran
Posts: 967
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom A. View Post
I have mixed feelings on the handles as well. They work great when needed but have also put a couple good bruises on my passengers.
I heard that too.. I talked to a buddy of mine and he wants me to buy one so he can get the concept of them . We want to make them so they are quick connect.. I can take them out when just cruising. When on a poker run or something that I will be running 100+ I would quick connect them in??

What do you think? from the pics I showed him.. He was like.. No big deal...
mmareno is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:36 PM
  #12
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Brad Zastrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: McHenry, Illinois
Posts: 2,244
Default

Still want them. A few bruises are better than to scare the rear passengers without anything to hold onto. I have been in the back seat of fast boats with nothing to hang onto it is a very scary ride. Even with a grab handle on the side it is not enough. My Skater has the straps and it is not that same as something solid to hang onto. I think the reality is it would nearly impossible to toss someone out of the boat without handles, but the idea that you are hanging onto something is very reassuring for passengers.
Brad Zastrow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:57 PM
  #13
Registered
 
plumbers crack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: bluffton sc
My Boats: 42 Outerlimits GTX
Posts: 1,516
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow View Post
Still want them. A few bruises are better than to scare the rear passengers without anything to hold onto. I have been in the back seat of fast boats with nothing to hang onto it is a very scary ride. Even with a grab handle on the side it is not enough. My Skater has the straps and it is not that same as something solid to hang onto. I think the reality is it would nearly impossible to toss someone out of the boat without handles, but the idea that you are hanging onto something is very reassuring for passengers.
Funny Im not a fan of them either,that is till I went for a ride in a buddies 30 foot spectre in 4 footer's.

I almost went ass over tea kettle into the scoops lost my cell phone and my stomach hurt like I had done 1000 sit ups the day before. The skater rear seats are real snug and high so I dont need them.I can see the reasoning for them,too bad they dont flip down and go flush when not in use.
plumbers crack is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:39 PM
  #14
Charter Member#157
Charter Member
 
MnFastBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis, Mn, Usa
My Boats: 1999 Advantage 28' Cat
Posts: 1,847
Default

OK, so where ca someone get the type of handles your talking about?>

Not busting you Brian, but as others here have thought about handles, I am one to agree with you and would prefer softer handles. Mainly since my rear seat is often used for other things then just sitting and would hate for someone to get hurt.
However the need does arise that wouldhelp backseat passengers something to hold onto



Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydwayz View Post
I don't like T handles or D handles anywhere in the boat like that.

People fall in boats. That's a fact. If they hit something like that you are talking pretty serious internal injury as opposed to scrapes and bruises.

I'd advise having some thick/solid webbing made that comes out from under the back seat. Passengers pull/hold it where/when they need it, and then it tucks down out of the way when finished.

The only thing I did like with solid handles like that was the Spirit of Apache resto-mod that had removable and configurable handles.
__________________
This Cat is trying to keep up with the Big Dogs
MnFastBoat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:15 PM
  #15
Registered
VIP Member
Trade Score: (2)
 
LubeJobs42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Fort Lauderdale
My Boats: 44 MTI 39 MTI 35 MOTION 16 DONZI
Posts: 3,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom A. View Post
I have mixed feelings on the handles as well. They work great when needed but have also put a couple good bruises on my passengers.
I love this style the best!! Donzi always has the trickest accessories!
LubeJobs42 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:30 AM
  #16
my00b16si
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i am not a fan of anything hard sticking out in a boat. But safety is a huge concern. while designing the liquidglass aft seat that same thought came to mind so here is how we fixed that little problem




We just build them in to the seat.

ok now, i know your going to say well we already have a back seat. i cant do that. well thats not true. we can add in to the seat you already have. and if thats not the way you want to go we also make padded slip covers to go over the grabrails in your boat so when they are not in use the are not as much as a hazerd
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:12 AM
  #17
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Tom A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: New Jersey
My Boats: Necessary Evil .............Donzi 38 ZrComp.............
Posts: 4,094
Default

I just came up with a good idea! I am going to have my canvas/interior guy make a pair of padded vinyl covers to throw on the handles when rafting or docked up!
Tom A. is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:38 AM
  #18
Charter Member#157
Charter Member
 
MnFastBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis, Mn, Usa
My Boats: 1999 Advantage 28' Cat
Posts: 1,847
Default

Not sure if I would like that in my boat???

how about a test ride the second week of March for me and the fiance to test and see if it would work in our Cat



Quote:
Originally Posted by my00b16si View Post
i am not a fan of anything hard sticking out in a boat. But safety is a huge concern. while designing the liquidglass aft seat that same thought came to mind so here is how we fixed that little problem




We just build them in to the seat.

ok now, i know your going to say well we already have a back seat. i cant do that. well thats not true. we can add in to the seat you already have. and if thats not the way you want to go we also make padded slip covers to go over the grabrails in your boat so when they are not in use the are not as much as a hazerd
__________________
This Cat is trying to keep up with the Big Dogs
MnFastBoat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:28 PM
  #19
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: GLOC, Ok
My Boats: Boat B**ch for Pet Wussy, a 26' American Offshore
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow View Post
Still want them. A few bruises are better than to scare the rear passengers without anything to hold onto. I have been in the back seat of fast boats with nothing to hang onto it is a very scary ride. Even with a grab handle on the side it is not enough. My Skater has the straps and it is not that same as something solid to hang onto. I think the reality is it would nearly impossible to toss someone out of the boat without handles, but the idea that you are hanging onto something is very reassuring for passengers.
Brad, do you have pics of where you want to mount the handles & the backside of the mounting area. I work in automotive manufacturing, specializing in stainless, and want to get into the marine industry. Maybe we could design a set of retractables for you and it would be a product we could take further in the market?
gtsmpuc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
cabana1
General Boating Discussion
20
03-11-2009 09:37 PM
Brad Zastrow
Wanted
2
01-13-2009 07:16 PM
gsteve
General Boating Discussion
6
06-04-2007 06:58 PM
Wildchild212
Skater
3
03-13-2002 05:41 PM
imq707s
General Boating Discussion
5
01-30-2002 03:38 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.