Notices

Updating dash cost???

Old 08-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Updating dash cost???

I see guys updating there dash on some older boats and it amazes me what it can do to a older boat. Take a 32 Fountain what would a guy have invested in Livorsi gages, steering wheel and dash panel? I'm trying to get some idea what this kinda up date would cost on a older boat.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Lots of variables, depending on what guages, what wheel, GPS, etc. Probably anywhere from 1-3k. Also it depends on if a person does the R & R. Add shifters and add another 1k.

That being said, I think if you look for deals on high quality used stuff, you could do a nice job for around $1000.

Last edited by Griff; 08-04-2008 at 10:52 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey nova26,
Met you over at PB2 a couple of weekends ago, I was the guy with a '92 26' Nova from St. Louis. Your boat is spotless!

If I keep my boat (it's for sale), I might do my dash as well. A buddy of mine just finished his 311 Formula and it turned out really nice. I'll try to have him post some pic's. I think Griff's #'s are about right, depending on how high-end you want to go, labor, etc. Keep us posted if you do!

Quint
Old 08-05-2008, 08:38 PM

I plan on doing the same thing over the winter. Only I plan on getting a new piece of aluminum and cutting the holes out myself so I can install my gps in the center. Then I'm going to send it to MitcherT so he can paint it to match the boat, he does awesome work.
Let us know if you find a deal on gauges
Old 08-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would say between $2000-$2500 range.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Shallow Minded
Hey nova26,
Met you over at PB2 a couple of weekends ago, I was the guy with a '92 26' Nova from St. Louis. Your boat is spotless!

If I keep my boat (it's for sale), I might do my dash as well. A buddy of mine just finished his 311 Formula and it turned out really nice. I'll try to have him post some pic's. I think Griff's #'s are about right, depending on how high-end you want to go, labor, etc. Keep us posted if you do!

Quint
Quint it was nice to meet you. That would be great I would love to check out another Nova. I'm asking about the dash up grade for other boats that might interest me down the road. But now you guys have me thinking about the Nova before I sell it... Upgrading
Dan
Old 08-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Make a REASONABLE offer (not giving the suff away) and it'll be cheaper than you think!
Attached Thumbnails Updating dash cost???-sale-8-.jpg  
Old 08-06-2008, 07:19 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by JB4Boyne
I plan on doing the same thing over the winter. Only I plan on getting a new piece of aluminum and cutting the holes out myself so I can install my gps in the center. Then I'm going to send it to MitcherT so he can paint it to match the boat, he does awesome work.
Let us know if you find a deal on gauges
Had Mitcher T do my panels,thats the way to go!
Attached Thumbnails Updating dash cost???-picture-156.jpg  
Old 08-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We redid our Sonic dash. With triple gauges for most and I did some of the paintwork. New steering wheel, shifters and throttles I got out for around $4K

Check out the before and after. Still have a few more to go but almost there.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=182853

Have to give a shout out to Kirk @ Elite Marine here on OSO for all the help and patience.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:00 PM
Registered

You guys are out of your mind !! 1 to 2 K !!??

On what planet....I just did mine, now mind you I didn't skimp, but it cost over 7K.

twin set up, gauges, lav new carbon face plug in's 3K
steering wheel and hub, 450
throttles, harden (too expensive, but nice) 2K
Carbon dash panels, 1K
Now lets start talking rigging parts and pcs, plus labor......

Nobody really pays attention to what it really costs to do the entire project......rerigging is major $$$

Quick Reply: Updating dash cost???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.