Like Tree0Likes

Poker runs America

Reply
Old 01-07-2009, 05:36 PM
  #21
Registered
Thread Starter
 
plumbers crack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: bluffton sc
My Boats: 42 Outerlimits GTX
Posts: 1,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder View Post
Congratulations. 2 pages actually. They have you spread across pages 20 and 21. Looks great.

What do you have to do to get a little coverage in that magazine ? LOL

Bob
Hey Bob,

Never had the pleasure of meeting you but hopefully this spring we can run around the west coast.My friend lives in Ft meyer's off bayshore rd.I have been itching to run the gulf further south than punta Gorda.

You guy's seem to have a loyal following and die hards!

I was as surprised as anyone to open the mag up and see my boat,honestly I have been doing the poker run thing for 10 years and never made it out of the backround shot! I guess they ran out of boats to shoot..Ha Ha

Trying to talk Bill Taylor into a poker run in the South Carolina area,Savannah ect. As a builder check this place out.. www.PalmettoBluffonline.com

This place is over the top!
plumbers crack is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:01 PM
  #22
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
Bobthebuilder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Marco Island, FL; Waterloo, ON, CAN
My Boats: 2009 Nor Tech 5000 Diesel; 2015 Statement 380 CC; 2014 32' Renegade
Posts: 5,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumbers crack View Post
Hey Bob,

Never had the pleasure of meeting you but hopefully this spring we can run around the west coast.My friend lives in Ft meyer's off bayshore rd.I have been itching to run the gulf further south than punta Gorda.

You guy's seem to have a loyal following and die hards!

I was as surprised as anyone to open the mag up and see my boat,honestly I have been doing the poker run thing for 10 years and never made it out of the backround shot! I guess they ran out of boats to shoot..Ha Ha

Trying to talk Bill Taylor into a poker run in the South Carolina area,Savannah ect. As a builder check this place out.. www.PalmettoBluffonline.com

This place is over the top!
The pic in my avitar was actually taken by Stu from PRA.

If you are in SW Florida, be sure to contact me. Be happy to show you around the Gulf coast from Punta Gorda south. Maybe we will go to Key West for lunch.

We have a great bunch of guys here in FMO that love their boats.

I love Savanah and that area. Have passed by running down the coast with a stop at Hilton Head a few times. Need to spend some time there. If you can talk Bill into a run there, I will come.

Palmetto Bluff looks like a really nice development / community. I always appreciate good architecture and well planned communities.

Bob
Bobthebuilder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:29 AM
  #23
Registered
Thread Starter
 
plumbers crack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: bluffton sc
My Boats: 42 Outerlimits GTX
Posts: 1,516
Talking

If you guys are planning a run anytime soon PM me so I can prepare.

Palmetto bluff would be a great Base/starting point for the poker run.Im thinking Savannah for the lunch stop or even Beaufort/near paris island.

No speed limits not alot of boat traffic,and deep water.
Palmetto Bluff has conference rooms,5 star dining,and waterfront cottages,and an 18 hole golf coarse.The place even has a world renowned day spa for the girls called Auber'es. A nice sand bar 1/4 mile away for lounging,and 2 very large pools with poolside wait staff.
plumbers crack is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:13 AM
  #24
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
Bobthebuilder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Marco Island, FL; Waterloo, ON, CAN
My Boats: 2009 Nor Tech 5000 Diesel; 2015 Statement 380 CC; 2014 32' Renegade
Posts: 5,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumbers crack View Post
If you guys are planning a run anytime soon PM me so I can prepare.

Palmetto bluff would be a great Base/starting point for the poker run.Im thinking Savannah for the lunch stop or even Beaufort/near paris island.

No speed limits not alot of boat traffic,and deep water.
Palmetto Bluff has conference rooms,5 star dining,and waterfront cottages,and an 18 hole golf coarse.The place even has a world renowned day spa for the girls called Auber'es. A nice sand bar 1/4 mile away for lounging,and 2 very large pools with poolside wait staff.
PM sent with FMO's schedule for the rest of this season. A poker run there sounds nice. I see Bill T. ever once in a while as he has a place in Ft Myers and is also less than an hour away in ON. I will put in a good word for SC / Savannah as a PR destination as he always seems interested in new venues.
Bob
Bobthebuilder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 05:25 PM
  #25
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
AugiePensa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: JERSEY,
My Boats: 1996 Wellcraft Scarab
Posts: 6,166
Default

Congrats
__________________
P4-13 Team THE JERSEY BOYZ OFFSHORE POWERBOAT RACING, OPA/ SBI/APBA/UIM. PRESIDENT: THE JERSEY BOYZ , VICE-PRESIDENT: OPA RACING, THE GREAT SOUTH BAY RACING ASSOCIATION. WAZZUP RACING ENGINES
AugiePensa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 05:32 PM
  #26
Registered
Thread Starter
 
plumbers crack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: bluffton sc
My Boats: 42 Outerlimits GTX
Posts: 1,516
Talking

Thanksfor the schedule looks good,I have tried to make the ft meyers run each year but somehow miss it.Hope this year I can.

I have about six boats comitted without really trying.I would think a minimum of 30-35 boats would work. But then again I need to sit down and talk with Bill about it.

Thanks,

Brian
plumbers crack is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 05:33 PM
  #27
Registered
Thread Starter
 
plumbers crack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: bluffton sc
My Boats: 42 Outerlimits GTX
Posts: 1,516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumbers crack View Post
If you guys are planning a run anytime soon PM me so I can prepare.

Palmetto bluff would be a great Base/starting point for the poker run.Im thinking Savannah for the lunch stop or even Beaufort/near paris island.

No speed limits not alot of boat traffic,and deep water.
Palmetto Bluff has conference rooms,5 star dining,and waterfront cottages,and an 18 hole golf coarse.The place even has a world renowned day spa for the girls called Auber'es. A nice sand bar 1/4 mile away for lounging,and 2 very large pools with poolside wait staff.
I forgot to mention poolside cocktails too!
plumbers crack is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:58 AM
  #28
Registered
 
boatme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Spring Lake, Michigan
My Boats: Sold the Cig
Posts: 4,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumbers crack View Post
Hey Marc,

That looks cool. I have alot of pictures that were taken during the restoration and info too. Maybe an early birthday present to myself. PM me some prices if you can.
Give me an email i can send info to you

Marc
boatme is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:54 AM
  #29
cloke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder View Post
PM sent with FMO's schedule for the rest of this season. A poker run there sounds nice. I see Bill T. ever once in a while as he has a place in Ft Myers and is also less than an hour away in ON. I will put in a good word for SC / Savannah as a PR destination as he always seems interested in new venues.
Bob
BOB

If you put something together please let me know.

Sounds good.
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:36 AM
  #30
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
Bobthebuilder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Marco Island, FL; Waterloo, ON, CAN
My Boats: 2009 Nor Tech 5000 Diesel; 2015 Statement 380 CC; 2014 32' Renegade
Posts: 5,658
Default

Hey, Alec. Time for you to get down and make use of that place in Cape Coral. I understand you have been busy tho. Keeps you out of trouble I guess, he, he. I will send you our schedule and then call you later today. Saw Raymond at boat show last night. Also signed up with PBCC. Looks like a good season ahead.
Sorry for hijack, back to PC's great Skater in PRA.
Bob
Bobthebuilder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
excursion
Active Thunder
27
04-26-2007 12:15 AM
dean51267
Poker Runs and Boating Events
4
05-11-2006 12:36 AM
TeamShogren.com
Poker Runs and Boating Events
53
08-15-2005 07:38 PM
Panic Button
General Boating Discussion
10
02-25-2005 09:16 PM
WILDTHING TAZ
Poker Runs and Boating Events
0
01-26-2004 08:18 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.