Notices

OT: WTC Towers of Light

Old 03-14-2002, 02:12 PM
MikeStar

Default OT: WTC Towers of Light

The Admiral just forwarded this pic to me, we got it from some family friends. I'd venture to guess that it's been Photoshopped, but it's still pretty cool...
Attached Thumbnails OT:  WTC Towers of Light-wtc.jpg  

Old 03-14-2002, 02:14 PM
cashmoney

The whole city must have dimmed a little when they turned those beams on...Cool pic

Old 03-14-2002, 02:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Similar picture was on the front page of the local paper. It appeared on the 3/11 edition and it looked like they used two searchlights with blue filters to make the columns.

CNN reprted this morning that more bodies were recovered last night from the rubble.
Old 03-14-2002, 02:55 PM
Tigerlily

(Taking a deep breath and jumpin' right in )

That pic may be just a little "enhanced"but maybe not. I watched it on tv and it was amazing....took my breath away.

The way I understand it, they're going to be lit every night til 11 for about a month. It's 40-something searchlights making those two spires of light.

Whew, glad I got the first post out of the way. I read back to get an idea about all of you ...and I gotta tell ya, this i a pretty intimidating group!

Here's a long shot of the lights (without any "fixing up")
Attached Thumbnails OT:  WTC Towers of Light-wtc-lights.jpg  

Old 03-14-2002, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if any thing was touched up in the pic would be the statue of liberty would not be that green at night and the bright light in the center but the empire state has been red white and blue since the tragedy and the columns of light are just as you see shining straight to heaven!

see it every night on my way home!

Mattyboy
Old 03-14-2002, 03:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool shots.
The first one looks like a real long exposure (check the water and clouds) and possibly enhanced.
Would make good posters.
Old 03-14-2002, 04:26 PM
Registered

I live here in the city and can tell you that the picture is pretty close to reality. I have a view straight downtown from my apartment windows and it pretty much looked like that except we has a little bit of fog that dimished and obscured some things that are very sharp in that photo.
Old 03-14-2002, 05:14 PM
Registered

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing them. That's such a beautiful tribute, I wish I had an excuse to go back east and see it in person.
Old 03-14-2002, 08:08 PM
Tigerlily

Wink Thank you catmando

what a nice welcome! I notice you're from Texas..... you wouldn't be telling this greenhorn a tall tale, now would ya?

I'll be glad to as soon as you post one of you in a speedo just so I know I'm doing it right. I'd hate to make a mistake right outa the chute

Old 03-14-2002, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tigerlily, PLEASE! Don't make Catmando do that! Remember..."Friends don't let Friends wear Speedos"

Great pic of the lights Tigerlily! Thanks for sharing it

Quick Reply: OT: WTC Towers of Light

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.