Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fla Marine Engine builders >

Fla Marine Engine builders

Notices

Fla Marine Engine builders

Old 01-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Third nod for Ron Potter.........last winter he built me a pair of his closed cooled 600 fuel injected motors.......I love them, the price was right and one of the nicest people you will ever spend time with. Made me feel comfortable all the time, called me a few times over the summer to check in and make sure all is well.........highly recommend Potter Performance!

Silverskater40 obviously has nothing better to do!

Jay
Old 01-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Good Call out Ryan!
Old 01-09-2009, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In no particular order because I believe they all build a great engine,

Chief
Ron Potter
Innovation

Tom C.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Tom, Ryan, Jay, thanks for stepping up. This silver skater 40 enjoys talking trash. I have never met a more honest and trustworthy businessman than Ron Potter. He has done a rebuild on my merc 600sci, and last year built me a 800efi. His work is flawless and his attention to detail is outstanding. I'm working on getting a twin engine boat.................so I can have 2 Ron Potter Motors.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Superbabi
Tom, Ryan, Jay, thanks for stepping up. This silver skater 40 enjoys talking trash. I have never met a more honest and trustworthy businessman than Ron Potter. He has done a rebuild on my merc 600sci, and last year built me a 800efi. His work is flawless and his attention to detail is outstanding. I'm working on getting a twin engine boat.................so I can have 2 Ron Potter Motors.
Superbabi,

You suggested that I call Ron Potter in another thread. I was the one that asked about the 650 efi in Nor-techs. Can you tell me what kind of warranty Ron puts on his engines? I may still go with Merc 600 sci's, but 600-650 N/A motors sure sound good.

Also, not intending to hi-jack, but what do buyers typically think about aftermarket motors? Thanks!
Old 01-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

N/A motors get a 1 year warranty.
Supercharged get a 90 day.

http://www.potterperformance.com/

And yes his shop is always that clean!

Last edited by Tom A.; 01-09-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
SilverSkater40 (Jim Darr) Dude!!! You are a tool. You may want to seek help! You bad mouth Ron Potter (a great guy & OSO advertiser) because you ran your boat aground TWICE and have engine trouble! You think it's his fault you are a retard? The internet and waterways would be safer without idiots like you around. Let see how long it takes you to get kicked off again and make up ANOTHER screen name. How are your chop top , 34, 496 DW's comming............
I agree, TOOLBAG!!!! The Mods over on Serious gave him a chance and he showed his colors again.... His lastest is Hot Ducks old Apache....
Old 01-09-2009, 11:33 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I, living in south Florida have tried about everyone. There are several people that are good but if it's not their engine, everything is wrong and needs to be changed. The most honest guy that has been around for 20 years and does a fantastic job is Tony Gargiulo (NO RELATION to me) of Native Racing engines in Hollywood. He is honest as the day is long!! He will work within you budget. He is the ONLY local guy I will use. I have had experiences with several, not all but several of the guys listed and I would really recommend native. In the 80’s he built motors for some of the biggest names in racing. He stands behind his work and he is a hands on owner.

NATIVE RACING ENGINES, INC.
2408 SW 57th Ter
Hollywood , FL 33023

(954) 986-9244
Old 01-10-2009, 09:17 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Hiding behind my computer???? I use my real name the ONLY screen name I have had since I was member number 80 on this site!! Your name is Jim Darr you've had a DOZEN different screen names. How many times have you gotten booted from this site? One more thing, when you had motor problems were they Nor Tech motors or Ron Potter motors?
Old 01-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Ron Potter is well respected in the industry, in his past and his current endeavors with regards to new custom motorbuilding and rebuilds. Nothing but praise and kind words about Ron from everyone I ever spoke to, whether it be on line, phone or in person. Then, out of nowhere, a dissant aggressor, (silverskater40) pokes his head from under his rock and starts his negative attacks for no reason. GO BACK UNDER YOUR ROCK TOOL!!!

Quick Reply: Fla Marine Engine builders

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.