Fla Marine Engine builders >

Fla Marine Engine builders

Notices

Fla Marine Engine builders

Old 01-10-2009, 10:29 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Ron Potter has done my work for the last 8 years, initially when he was with Nor Tech developing their great lineup of motors, then when he went on his own, my gas engine work went with him. He stands behind his product like no other and is as honest as the day is long.
Bob
Old 01-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I had to make the decision of who to use it was tough. I narrowed it down to Potter and Cobra. Ron was incredibly knowledgeable and easy to talk to but I decided to go to Cobra because they did everything including rigging. Randy did my motors and drives and have had a great run with his stuff. Also gave me a great warantee. Either way dont think you can go wrong.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by daredevil
You all forgot COBRA in Ft.Lauderdale !!!!!!
Run... Run.. as fast as you can.
I wouldn't deal with Cobra (Randy) again, not even to change my weed wackers string.
Enough said.
Old post above.
Edited:: 1/11/09
Cobra and I had some issues, and did not get resolved. It should have and may be it will some day. Will have to see, I'm still willing to resolve them somehow. Don't know about the motors, but we all know no one can please everyone all the time.
I'm passed this.

Last edited by PARADOX; 01-11-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Cobra Power

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADOX
Run... Run.. as fast as you can.

I wouldn't deal with Cobra (Randy) again, not even to change my weed wackers string.
Enough said.
Do you really think its fair to bad mouth cobra when you never even bought anything from us. So let's set the record straight, you bought a mercury 525 package with 65 hours from a customer of mine with a one year warranty from mercury. Cobra had nothing to do with this other than pulling them out of the boat and providing a place for you to pick them up. If you have any problems with the motors and drives then you should take it up with mercury or the customer you bought them from.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Registered

Yes. Let's set the record straight. I had the Purchase Order with Cobra. The ad in the classified was not true and product was missrepresented. Items were not provided as per the PO. and discussions. Package was missing parts. Cobra/Randy's/your promise to make good on parts and items did not happened. Invoices sent by me to Cobra for resolution was ignored. E-mails and phone calls from me ...ignored. I gave you guys all the time and chances to resolve the isues
Don't know much about the Cobra motors, but service, customer relations, integrity of Cobra. Suks.
PS. In the original add; Cobra was the contact, the seller and Cobra signed my PO.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

CHIEF Engines. Tommy and crew are great, so are the engines.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

South Florida Machine Shop
Build AWESOME motors

Marine, Race, etc...

Specialize in BBC setups
Old 01-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Registered

Still sorry that u had some issuis there,,i do believe he will make good next time,,,chances in live is what keeps the world going!!!!! you should give Randy one ?![/QUOTE]

Randy had planty of chanses. Thats why the "issues" are so upsetting. IT's not that I didn't wanted to get things resolved, or didn't gave him enought time.
Just for instance.
I was missing the transom plates in the package, Randy, his people and even myself spent hours looking for them in his shop. Eventually he sent me a set, but the standard Bravo plates. The ITS plates has a special cut out for some hoses or something and has the steering "block"/distibution part.
I had to get the whole new set. But even after that I was ready to resolve the problems, but I just got ignored.
The plates are just one example. No need to go into all the issues. The point is.. Cobra screwed me, and it could have been resolved.
It SHOULD have been resolved.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I Bought A Cobra 600 Ci 750 Hp Motor From Him A Few Year's Ago . And He Took Care Of Me Every Time I Had A Question Or To Adjust The Carb Ect " Didnt Idail That Good Needed Ajustment's Once In Boat ",
From What I Have Herd The Guy That Bought My Boat Has Close To 300 Hour's On Motor And Is Still Running Good ..
Everyone Has Good Day's And Bad Day's Maybe You Cought Him On A Bad Day ?
Know One Can Be Perfect All The Time .
One Thing I Can Say Is Randy Alway's Had Time For Me .
Mike
Old 01-10-2009, 05:25 PM
Cobra Power

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADOX
Still sorry that u had some issuis there,,i do believe he will make good next time,,,chances in live is what keeps the world going!!!!! you should give Randy one ?!
Randy had planty of chanses. Thats why the "issues" are so upsetting. IT's not that I didn't wanted to get things resolved, or didn't gave him enought time.
Just for instance.
I was missing the transom plates in the package, Randy, his people and even myself spent hours looking for them in his shop. Eventually he sent me a set, but the standard Bravo plates. The ITS plates has a special cut out for some hoses or something and has the steering "block"/distibution part.
I had to get the whole new set. But even after that I was ready to resolve the problems, but I just got ignored.
The plates are just one example. No need to go into all the issues. The point is.. Cobra screwed me, and it could have been resolved.
It SHOULD have been resolved.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to set the record straight for the last time, the transom plates was at the bottom of the box lying flat with cardboard on top and all the gimbles and drive on top of that. I believe when you removed the drives and transoms, you thought you were looking at the bottom of the box unaware that the transoms were underneath the cardboard, therefore, not knowing that you threw the transoms out with the box because the transoms are so lightweight. I have no need to steal two transom plates because i sell them for 100 bucks each.
Remember you bought $60,000 worth of engines from a customer and when you showed up at my shop, I gave you 2 transom plates for free. if you are missing one little valve on a $60,000 engine package and trying to ruin my name, you are making an ass of yourself. Now I know why you have a boat that is brand new that the manufacturer did not want to rig for you. i suggest that you put an end to this because you may never get the favor you need in the future over a 100 piece.

Quick Reply: Fla Marine Engine builders

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.