Fla Marine Engine builders >

Fla Marine Engine builders

Notices

Fla Marine Engine builders

Old 01-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cobrapower
Randy had planty of chanses. Thats why the "issues" are so upsetting. IT's not that I didn't wanted to get things resolved, or didn't gave him enought time.
Just for instance.
I was missing the transom plates in the package, Randy, his people and even myself spent hours looking for them in his shop. Eventually he sent me a set, but the standard Bravo plates. The ITS plates has a special cut out for some hoses or something and has the steering "block"/distibution part.
I had to get the whole new set. But even after that I was ready to resolve the problems, but I just got ignored.
The plates are just one example. No need to go into all the issues. The point is.. Cobra screwed me, and it could have been resolved.
It SHOULD have been resolved.
I'm going to set the record straight for the last time, the transom plates was at the bottom of the box lying flat with cardboard on top and all the gimbles and drive on top of that. I believe when you removed the drives and transoms, you thought you were looking at the bottom of the box unaware that the transoms were underneath the cardboard, therefore, not knowing that you threw the transoms out with the box because the transoms are so lightweight. I have no need to steal two transom plates because i sell them for 100 bucks each.
Remember you bought $60,000 worth of engines from a customer and when you showed up at my shop, I gave you 2 transom plates for free. if you are missing one little valve on a $60,000 engine package and trying to ruin my name, you are making an ass of yourself. Now I know why you have a boat that is brand new that the manufacturer did not want to rig for you. i suggest that you put an end to this because you may never get the favor you need in the future over a 100 piece.[/QUOTE]

No Randy.. I will set the record straight for the last time, because your memory is very foggy. I had the PO with Cobra, you signed it, not your customer.
Not that it really matters anymore, being it’s almost a year, it’s water under the bridge for me.
I also didn’t feel like getting into details here or in my other older posts, (do the search) but don’t ask me to amend my post of not recommending Cobra. I don’t.
Not because there were issues or parts missing, but because the way you handed the situation. I gave you all the chances to get everything resolved and you ignored the problems. You even asked me to send you the invoice for the distribution block. (I have all the E-mails) and faxes. The package price was also more then $60K and the hours were misrepresented. (Merc. is aware BTW)
Specifically, the transom plates WERE NOT IN THE BOX. Your mechanic thought he put it on the top of the box, not the bottom. I still have the pallet, (it’s under my outdrives so I don’t get mud in the boat when I go in and out) Nothing was thrown away but the black plastic, and styrofoam you had the package wrapped to be shipped overseas. My mistake was not wanting to inspect everything at the time, since it was already packed for overseas shipping, so I trusted you guys.
The valve boxes were not cheap, and the plates are not the only issues we had. It took me, my son and my GF days of scrubbing to get the corrosion off the outdrives. New anodes had to be purchased, yet I didn’t worry about this, however the add said; what ? “perfect, like new condition”. NOT!!!.
What about the exhaust manifold that you drilled holes in it? And one had pit holes and rust all over. You just told me to deal with Merc. and sent me my way. No problem, Merc came through and covered it under warrantee. But that’s not the way to treat customers, YOU!!! should have take care of that. What about all the pumps, and misc. parts I was missing? I paid you guys in advance. That was my fault.
The boat builder was and ready to rig the boat, but there was a time constraints that I had to make some of the Poker runs. He was just to slow, and cheap and probably was looking and trying to get a deal on the motors/drives. I did not wanted to wait, so I bought the stuff from you. If you remember we had a separate PO for Cobra to rig the boat, but you guys got busy, so I had some one locally finish it.
Things were missing, lost, misunderstandings etc. I can deal and I did with all that. But than you just blow me away, ignore the problems, E-mails, faxes. phone calls etc. so my comments stands. I would never do business with your company and do not recommend Cobra to anyone. That’s my prerogative.
However. I will say this. After all the headaches the motors and drives are great. I am very happy with the ITS system, and NOT ONCE I SAID YOU STOLE ANYTHING OR YOU CREATED THE PROBLEMS on purpose. Chit happens, You should have been more cooperative and open to solve the issues.
I’m sure you kiss everyone azzes who buys motors from you, but me being on the other side of the state, I got shafted.
I’m done with this, Good luck with your Cobra motors and your real estate ventures.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:01 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Just to clarify for you Daredevil, you read it wrong, but it’s ok.
One of the headers that Cobra provided was rusty, full of pit holes and leaking.
Randy did not provided any assistance to have Merc, or Cobra fix it or exchange it. Randy just “sent me away.” I meant by this; he sent me AWAY, out the door (sort of speak) or “sent me on my way”, with out resolving the header issue. After getting with Merc. they (Merc.) take care of it with out any assistance or anything from Cobra. Cobra/Randy had all the time, chance and option to get “things right”.
While the motors and drives are ok now, (after spending thousands for parts etc.) I did not get what I paid for or get what my dollar was worth. The PO was not followed, nor fulfilled and if I’m who got the short end dealing with Cobra. So be it.
And this is enough of this.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:00 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cobrapower
the transom plates was at the bottom of the box lying flat with cardboard on top

I believe when you removed the drives and transoms, you thought you were looking at the bottom of the box unaware that the transoms were underneath the cardboard.
Don't know a thing about cobra but who the heck would package something flat on the bottom of a cardboard box and then put a flat piece of cardboard on top? He probably did throw it out thinking he was looking at the bottom of the box. Who wouldn't?
Old 01-11-2009, 03:05 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

A local guy minutes from me runs an 04 Nor-Tech with Ron Potter motors. He swears by them. This will be his 3rd season with the mills, each season thus far has been flawless. And lastly his rig doesn't sit, he runs it steady in the summer months.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:08 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Now that Ron Potter no longer builds for Nor-Tech how does it work with Nor-Tech built motors? Is someone new building the way they think they should be built? Or is someone heading up the builds based on training from Ron Potter? Does Ron continue to be available for consulting for current Nor-Tech builders? Why did he leave?
Old 01-11-2009, 05:37 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drypipetiger
A local guy minutes from me runs an 04 Nor-Tech with Ron Potter motors. He swears by them. This will be his 3rd season with the mills, each season thus far has been flawless. And lastly his rig doesn't sit, he runs it steady in the summer months.
drypipetiger, once again another positive comment about Ron Potter Motors, its seem that all motors built by Ron while at NT or out under the " Potter Performance Motors " have nothing but praise about the product. I will not get into this at this thread ( a new thread will be started ) but my brand new Headders developed a leak on my new 63 hours 800 efi, water got back into motor. We shipped the motor to Ron, all issues taken care of by Ron. Another guy would have been saying , not
my problem deal with the Headder company. Once again Ron Potter one Great Guy to deal with.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:15 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by daredevil
Well, then i am sorry that i missunderstud u !!!!!!

SORRY !!!
Dude, why don't you just stay out of everyone's business. your post inflame more issues than anything.... You really don't need to comment on everything.

Secondly after your reputation selling parts that you don't own, I really don't think the majority of the board cares about your opinion.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=PARADOX;2775226]Just to clarify for you Daredevil, you read it wrong, but it’s ok.
One of the headers that Cobra provided was rusty, full of pit holes and leaking.
Randy did not provided any assistance to have Merc, or Cobra fix it or exchange it. Randy just “sent me away.” I meant by this; he sent me AWAY, out the door (sort of speak) or “sent me on my way”, with out resolving the header issue. After getting with Merc. they (Merc.) take care of it with out any assistance or anything from Cobra. Cobra/Randy had all the time, chance and option to get “things right”.
While the motors and drives are ok now, (after spending thousands for parts etc.) I did not get what I paid for or get what my dollar was worth. The PO was not followed, nor fulfilled and if I’m who got the short end dealing with Cobra. So be it.

The 525 package was mine that you bought from Randy, I can assure you that the package that I listed on OSO was correct. The motors had 65 hrs over 1 season and were in great shape. I cannot tell you the cond of what was inside the motors. You were not the easiest person to deal with. As far as Randy goes he was simply doing me a favor by taking care of the sale. Randy has been nothing but great and his product which you did not buy has been perfect. Ill give you that he is sometimes hard to get on the phone but there are plenty of people in his office to take messages and he always gets back to people or gets someone to do it for him. Randy has offered his cell phone to everyone and is reachable at all hours even weekends. He shows up at poker runs for his customers that have had last min problems routinely, what more can you ask of him? Almost everyone I know that has dealt with Randy has walked away with a great product (that he stands behind) and a good friend that is there for you whenever possible. I think your issue is with Merc or me but not Randy. Just because you had a personality conflict and you bought USED motors you should not try to damage a mans reputation or business.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:47 AM
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 525 package you bought came directly out of my boat then was put on pallets where they stayed until you picked them up. I dont know how you were missing the parts but I assure you they were on my boat which then went directly to boxes and pallets. How would you have listed as 1 season old set of motors with 65 hours. My opinon they were perfect for what they were, USED. You did have the opportunity to go and inspect them before you bought them but you didnt. SHAME ON YOU! You complain about missing parts after you leave?????????? Why didnt you make sure everything was there before you left??????? As far as pit holes in the headers, call Merc you got a 1year waranty with the package, leave Randy out of this.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engines

i would like to add that i've found that most of the "marine" engine builders have pricing as expensive or more expensive as Mercury. peolpe should do some research and compare pricing to what the cost would be from a racing - automotive engine builder. i'm running 750 hp drysump 565's with all topself parts for under 35 k. you will need to add raw water pumps, bell housings and drive plates. i basically have NA supercat motors that will spin to 7500 rpm and run on 87 pump gas.

i often wonder why people like to pay several thousands more just cause the motors are painted blue???

Quick Reply: Fla Marine Engine builders

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.