Fla Marine Engine builders

Notices

Fla Marine Engine builders

Old 01-11-2009, 12:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by skaterdave
i often wonder why people like to pay several thousands more just cause the motors are painted blue???
Because they don't know how or don't want to turn a wrench. And reliable marine wrench turners are not as available in other parts of the country as they are in Florida.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jmbtile
The 525 package you bought came directly out of my boat then was put on pallets where they stayed until you picked them up. I dont know how you were missing the parts but I assure you they were on my boat which then went directly to boxes and pallets. How would you have listed as 1 season old set of motors with 65 hours. My opinon they were perfect for what they were, USED. You did have the opportunity to go and inspect them before you bought them but you didnt. SHAME ON YOU! You complain about missing parts after you leave?????????? Why didnt you make sure everything was there before you left??????? As far as pit holes in the headers, call Merc you got a 1year waranty with the package, leave Randy out of this.
You are right on one thing. I should have inspected the packages, but the way they were all wrapped up for shipment overseas, was not practical. Plus both of you wanted upfront cash wired. I had no opportunity to check before payment was made, but that's not the problem. Lacking the effort to resolve the issues IS. That's why trust and integrity should exist, and an effort to resolve issues if they do arrise.
The motors and drives work fine once I spent an additinal 4-5K. for misc. stuff.
You were upfront of what you will want to keep. Props and K-plane transom bracket. I have no issues with any of that.
Reply to your PM sent.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Randy(Cobra) for what its worth I made the right decision in using you and your equipment. You have been a gentleman, great business man and an awesome engine builder. Sorry for getting you involved in this but I do appreciate all you did for me. You can use me as a refrence any day. This sport needs more people like you.

PARADOX im glad everthing worked out and in running well. Would love to see the new boat some day.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jmbtile
Randy(Cobra) for what its worth I made the right decision in using you and your equipment. You have been a gentleman, great business man and an awesome engine builder. Sorry for getting you involved in this but I do appreciate all you did for me. You can use me as a refrence any day. This sport needs more people like you.

PARADOX im glad everthing worked out and in running well. Would love to see the new boat some day.
Like I said. It's in the passed. Boat and motors are awsome.
Cobra and I had some issues. Ok so be it. I'm sure their motors are great. I don't know. For what it's worth, let's learn from all this and try to resolve any differences or issues in a friendly and ammocable manner in the future everyone.
Randy/Cobra.! for what it's worth dept. While we had some unfinished issues, I do wish Cobra the best of luck in the future. May be you had a bad month, God knows I had a few.
Purhaps in the future we can have a beer and you can make it up to me. I will edit my post.
I never forget, but I always forgive.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
SilverSkater40 (Jim Darr) Dude!!! You are a tool. You may want to seek help! You bad mouth Ron Potter (a great guy & OSO advertiser) because you ran your boat aground TWICE and have engine trouble! You think it's his fault you are a retard? The internet and waterways would be safer without idiots like you around. Let see how long it takes you to get kicked off again and make up ANOTHER screen name. How are your chop top , 34, 496 DW's comming............
Can ya feel the love
Old 01-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=scarabman;2774025]Nobody mentioned Laz Mesa/Mesa Balancing?????????????

yea because he's the BIGGEST POS!!!!!!..............Chief enough said

Last edited by Midnight Run 32; 01-11-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by silverskater40
I'm not saying anything on this site.
Is that a promise ?????
Old 01-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Registered

When I was considering upgrades and custom built motor options 1 of the people I was told to call was Ron Potter. Turns out he is from the town in upstate NY as I am, small world. I had been having issues with my 350MAGmpi's @ 400hrs and thought I would have to rebuild 1, so I was considering rebuilding both; 383's: pistons,crank,basically all new rotaing assembly- cams, heads, intakes also. Anyhow, I spoke with Ron for some time and during the conversation he diagnosed what my current engine problem was. He saved me $$thousands$$ and didn't just try to sell me new motors....unlike a few others.
Ron Potter is an honest & knowledgeable engine builder, with integrity and takes the time to talk with a fellow boater strictly to help out someone in need. Rare and refreshing.
Thanks Ron!
Potter Performance; smart choice.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

[QUOTE=Midnight Run 32;2775618]
Originally Posted by scarabman
Nobody mentioned Laz Mesa/Mesa Balancing?????????????

yea because he's the BIGGEST POS!!!!!!..............Chief enough said

Would you elaborate on this? I have no dog in this fight but in the past was very close to buying a pair of his motors and he seemed very helpful and sincere and even gave me advice to buy another pair from someone else.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:15 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I second Scarabman's vote for Innovation 600's. Run great, from cold starts to WFO. I've got 460 hours on mine and love them. Put new springs and seals in at 408 hours, but that's essentially been it. Bowtie block and heads, Crower crank & rods, JE, Crane, Holley EFI and close-cooled. They're based on a Millitary-spec engine that Innovation builds for the Navy.

Quick Reply: Fla Marine Engine builders

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.