Notices

Kachina Boats?

Old 01-08-2009, 10:58 PM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kachina Boats?

Seen their ads and drove by the Factory/Store in Phoenix today and looked at a few they had outside. Nice catchy paint jobs and half canopies and mostly are eye appealing boats.
But does anyone know if they can handle the Pacific or Atlantic or washboard Gulf of Mexico on a ""FUN DAY"?
or are they just a great looking lake boat?
Old 01-08-2009, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default uh........

Originally Posted by chuckbeecher
Seen their ads and drove by the Factory/Store in Phoenix today and looked at a few they had outside. Nice catchy paint jobs and half canopies and mostly are eye appealing boats.
But does anyone know if they can handle the Pacific or Atlantic or washboard Gulf of Mexico on a ""FUN DAY"?

Id say its a value thing over quality-

Do some searching here on OSO
One guy here has a posted pdf of a lawsuit over workmanship
Another siad they splash vs design,
Another guys said their "step hull" was a 2x4 in the mold.

Lots of controversy over this brand.

Uncle Dave
Old 01-09-2009, 01:10 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I've insured quite a few of them over the years and haven't had any manufacturer defect issues brought to my desk. All my clients seem to love their Kachina boats.

My 2 cents...

Devin Wozencraft
www.wozencraftinsurance.com
Old 01-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

I know they have had some write up in powerboat and Hotboat Magazine.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:28 PM
Registered

I have never driven one... but going by design and weight... I would consider most of their models river runners rather than wave crushers. Let's just say that I ain't trading the Apache in on one.... but if I was a Havasu boater... I would be curious about them.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

PM MetalBrosRacing, he has a 34....
Old 01-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Registered

My .02- I've seen plenty of them and live in the area. Very popular out here but they are lake and river boats. I don't know about the drones but I'd categorize their Enforcer series as semi-v hull. Nice boat and great paint (their specialty) for the money. The only offshore boating I'd do in one is Long Beach to Catalina on a very nice day.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:37 PM
AKA NORTECHJ
Gold Member

Nice catchy paint jobs and half canopies and mostly are eye appealing boats.
first time i have ever seen these words used to describe a kachina....
Old 01-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Registered

Default Kachina Boats

This is Wesley, General Manager of Kachina Boats. People are correct that there has been bashing in the past regarding our boats but there is always that one guy that you can never please. Check on any other boat manufacturer in the world and I guarantee you will find the same. We have been building and selling boats since 1963 so a couple of disgruntled customers isnt too darn bad if you ask me. Yes there are a lot of Kachinas on Havasu and other local lakes but that is wher the majority of people boat on the west coast. We have many boats in the ocean on the west and east coast. We are the only manufacturer that offers a 10 year hull warranty so we definately stand behind our product 100%!

Just remember that just because a boat has more of a realistic price tag doesnt meen that it is poorly built. Every manfactuers price is based on overhead and absolutely a certain level of profit that they are willing to accept. I can also guarantee that if you look at our standard equipment list, no one can touch us. We also offer full carbon fiber layups and carbon/kevlar hybrids. We are always custom so we build your boat the way you want it!

Please feel free to let me know if anyone has any questions and i will be more than happy to answer.

Wesley R. Metzger
Old 01-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kachinapowerboats
People are correct that there has been bashing in the past regarding our boats but there is always that one guy that you can never please.
Very true.

Quick Reply: Kachina Boats?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.