value 496 Mag HO top end,ECM,Cam >

value 496 Mag HO top end,ECM,Cam

Notices

value 496 Mag HO top end,ECM,Cam

Old 01-12-2009, 11:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default value 496 Mag HO top end,ECM,Cam

I just had a raylar kit installed on my 496 Mag HO. I am trying to decide if I want to sell my take offs.

What's a 114 hr. set of 496 Mag HO Heads complete with rockers,cam,intake complete with injectors,and an ECM sell for?

I'm on the fence about selling...but of course if the price was right I would sell.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pachanga
I just had a raylar kit installed on my 496 Mag HO. I am trying to decide if I want to sell my take offs.

What's a 114 hr. set of 496 Mag HO Heads complete with rockers,cam,intake complete with injectors,and an ECM sell for?

I'm on the fence about selling...but of course if the price was right I would sell.
The heads are now anchors. The computer should get $700 or little less depending but somebody's gotta need one. I've tried to sell mine 3 times so far. Injectors, maybe.... Did you upgrade injectors? Fuel system??'
Old 01-13-2009, 12:57 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How much do you want? I have a 496 shortblock I am cosidering selling or building.

Thanks
Old 01-13-2009, 07:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SDFever
The heads are now anchors. The computer should get $700 or little less depending but somebody's gotta need one. I've tried to sell mine 3 times so far. Injectors, maybe.... Did you upgrade injectors? Fuel system??'
I bought the set up from a guy here with 30 hours on it! Don't know the whole story but he decided he wanted a blue motor and bought a 525.

He tried a fatter set of injectors...I believe they were probably to rich. Anywho I got 2 sets of injectors with the kit also.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:34 AM
Registered

I don't know, that's the reason for this post. If it's not worth enough I will just keep it. Probably be better to put the engine back to stock if I go to sell or trade my boat. I am open for offers!

Originally Posted by 800XCR
How much do you want? I have a 496 shortblock I am cosidering selling or building.

Thanks
Old 01-13-2009, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know, that's the reason for this post. If it's not worth enough I will just keep it. Probably be better to put the engine back to stock if I go to sell or trade my boat. I am open for offers!
Putting it back to stock?????? That's a little scary! By no means am I a motor head, but I would hate to think I bought a boat with a stock 496 HO not knowing that it had been run at much higher HP for X number of hours because of the Raylar Kits. Could a surveyor detect this? Of course I'm sure pachanga would tell the buyer.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:52 AM
Registered

Or put on e-bay.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
Putting it back to stock?????? That's a little scary! By no means am I a motor head, but I would hate to think I bought a boat with a stock 496 HO not knowing that it had been run at much higher HP for X number of hours because of the Raylar Kits. Could a surveyor detect this? Of course I'm sure pachanga would tell the buyer.
Smack! I've read it time and time again where people are asking advice on a modified boat and the advice given is they would be better to remove the mods and sell separately as banks and people feel more comfortable with stock!

Didn't know I would start and ethical business practice thead,but yes I would disclose this info. if I sold the boat.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja_man
Or put on e-bay.
I buy on ebay from time to time...used to be a powerseller on ebay...but dem greedy b*stards ain't gettin any mo a my money!
Old 01-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Registered

I bought the set up from a guy here with 30 hours on it! Don't know the whole story but he decided he wanted a blue motor and bought a 525.

He tried a fatter set of injectors...I believe they were probably to rich. Anywho I got 2 sets of injectors with the kit also.

I very curious if you got a set of injectors that were part of the Raylar Kit or did you inherit an aftermarket set that the previous owner tried?? Plus having the stock set -

Quick Reply: value 496 Mag HO top end,ECM,Cam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.